• You cannot reply to this topic

dagger set-up? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   soapkiller 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sooapkiller

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:49 AM

hi, im new to dagger (used to play sabre) and was thinking about doing/buying some of the things in the dagger gear list.

before I do any of that I would like to know what they are and why they are important.

If no one actually uses that setup can someone tell me what kind o setup they would recomed and how it helps?
Official Sabre #119 OFFICIAL VIKING #1!!! What now foo's?

OH SNAP BATMAN!

#2 User is offline   lightrifle55645 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:asfg

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:45 AM

make sure its light
that will keep it easy to run and manuever
compact is nice but you dont need to go out and buy the 4in barrel
personally i prefer to keep my air on gun instead of remote

#3 User is offline   soapkiller 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sooapkiller

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:53 AM

ok thank you

would turning the tank around and using a folding stock be a bad idea?
Official Sabre #119 OFFICIAL VIKING #1!!! What now foo's?

OH SNAP BATMAN!

#4 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:19 PM

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...p;#entry1687645

three dagger setups, pro's and cons
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#5 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:48 PM

Well I just told you this in the PM you sent me. But here it is for other people.
---

The key elements for what most people consider a "dagger gun" are a Light, Small, and medium high rate of fire.
Well what kinda mod you have the really a person option, I would really only buy stuff YOU think you need. Just I would stay away from anything that Just was for looks. But one of the main things for you to decide is if you want a vest, if you want a sock, or if you want to run a remote line.
I personally HATE vests and remote lines, they just add to much extra weight and make it harder to move. But really, before you decide on what mod, go out and play. They you can see what YOU think you like/need. Try out some of your friends equipment.
My current setup is a SC CCI Phantom, its a pump. I use it because it is very small, and I can move and snap shoot it easy. But pump is not for everyone, it really takes a large amount of practice, and natural skill at the game ( I am not trying to brag lol)
Like I said, a gun for you would really depend on what you like. do you like High rates of fire? Do you want something small a light? Whats your price range?
I would start buy writing down everything you would like to have in a gun. They ask Lots of questions about the gun. Every thing from how hard is the maintenance to what is the normal resale value. Dint be afraid to ask questions, most of the people on this forum are really helpful and love to help new players.
Do you currently have a gun?

Peace,
t0ast
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#6 User is offline   Ry and Raft 

• That dude in the Punisher shirt
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:xarchxangelx

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:59 PM

As someone is eventually going to say in this topic, its all personal preference. I personally prefer a lot of firepower. You go around a corner, or ahead of your team, and there are five guys chillin' there, you better have the ability to hit a few of them. I have to rely on laying as much paint as a 98 Custom can (semiautomatic.) I used to use the reverse tank thing, but have opted for my drop forward. Either lay paint, or get close and be accurate.
Task Force 68 | Michigan Wraith Battalion CO

#7 User is offline   MOOSEOFDOOM 

• Prepare your bladder for IMINENT RELEASE!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:mooseofdoom

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:01 PM

I was going to say that!! I like to be prepared for anything. I have an accurate barrel, six position stock, and a double trigger. And before you decide to buy a remote line (if you ever do) be sure to see if you can test drive a friends. I did that and vowed I would never buy a remote line, I just think they are obstructive and useless. If you have already played a lot, you know what you like. Stick to that. If you haven't, play some more and get a feel for your style. Plus, the SpecOps team positions are just are marketing ploys,extremely effective ones, but that's all they really are. They may be useful when first setting up the structure of a team, but SpecOps is not the woodsball bible.
"That's not holy water, it's Peroxide! "

#8 User is offline   undeadmouse 

• Look! An undead mouse!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:undeadmouse

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:03 PM

I also run with a SC Phantom, and I like that, though there are times I wish I could just rip off a string of 15 balls at someone. But not that often.

It's just a matter of preference. I have a tendancy to run with wild abandon, so anything that can fall off me, move around, pop open, or snag on something hiders me a lot. You try running while worrying about leaving a trail of 10rd tubes behind you.

Try as much as you can, in game if possible. Most people will let you try thier marker, so just ask.

Hide in shame from my lack of aim! - Pump Member 112 (It's been over 2 years, okay?) ...blah dropped to 54% shot efficiency.
I'm back from a long long long time of no paintball, drooling over markers older then I am.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users