• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Quicker Way to Reload Something better than Pods? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:47 AM

Ok, so after my first expedition with the TackHammer.... I came to the realization that even with 230 round hoppers, using 140 round pods to reload two hoppers, well, it sucks. And since I'll soon be rocking dual 400 round pinnokios, its going to suck worse and be even more time consuming... The problem comes in the fact that it will take 3 pods to load each hopper, meaning I'll have to reach around my body, rip open 6 velcro tabs, removes 6 pods, open 6 pods, pour 6 pods, then close and re-place them into my vest each time I reload. Lame.

So, what I'd like to do is figure out some system to carry a whole hopper's worth of paint in a single container, but still have it be vest-mountable with off-the-shelf, readily available MOLLE gear. Attached is my idea, I'd like to know your thoughts. This drawing was done off the top of my head so as far as the size of the reducer and threaded cap, I don't know yet, I'll have to see whats available at the hardware store. But the basic idea is to use 3" ID PVC pipe to make "MegaPods". These will be placed in pairs into large dump pouches, two on the front, two on the back of my vest (and possibly one each on dropleg rigs when I'm feeling REALLY frisky) That way, each pouch is a full reload of the twin 400 rnd hoppers, for 4 full reloads of the DT before having to return to staging for paint.

Attached File  podidea.jpg (12.75K)
Number of downloads: 38

I tried looking for some off-the-shelf tupperware type stuff that would suit my needs (i was hoping to find a tall, thick, wide-mouthed water bottle or something) but if it had a big enough body, the cap was too small for paint to effectively pass through, and if it did have a big enough cap, the body was too small. So if anyone's seen anything else out there that I could look for to keep me from having to fabricate anything, please, link me lol.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#2 User is offline   fatB2 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DeadmanUJ

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:13 PM

I don't rember the name but there was a company at the free final in georga that is making a backpack system that you just squease the tube on you side and you can load as many balls as you like it held like 1000 ball i think. They also said that the were going to make one that holds more. I will see if I can find the name for you.
Tank drivers are a unique bunch: part motorhead, part airsmith, part driver and part sadist... and not always in equal parts.
Former Commander of THE Executioner tank
http://ultimatejudgement.yolasite.com/

#3 User is offline   fatB2 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DeadmanUJ

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

The company name is Coastal Trading Company they are located in North Carolina.Attached File  free_finalew57.jpg (450.83K)
Number of downloads: 55

The loaders are hanging in the back of the tent. I'm still looking for more contact info.
Tank drivers are a unique bunch: part motorhead, part airsmith, part driver and part sadist... and not always in equal parts.
Former Commander of THE Executioner tank
http://ultimatejudgement.yolasite.com/

#4 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

View PostfatB2, on Feb 2 2009, 04:51 PM, said:

The company name is Coastal Trading Company they are located in North Carolina.Attachment free_finalew57.jpg

The loaders are hanging in the back of the tent. I'm still looking for more contact info.

is this what you were looking for?

http://www.medusapaintball.com/

same type loading system...and other not so cool paintball "inovations".
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#5 User is offline   nchittendon 

• Team Akkadian Commander
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:nchittendon

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

I know I just read it in a magazine article recently.....medusa. I couldn't think of it.

It's kind of neat, but not real adaptable to any other form of sallypak you might be rockin...........we'll see I guess. I will probably still buy one just because. lol

#6 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:39 AM

I'm looking more for something pod-like, just bigger... The TackHammer gets strapped to my vest, so I can't get it below waist level for the medusa to work.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#7 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:50 AM

Schedule 30 3" pvc with a 3x2 reduceing coupling should work, cap on the other end. The issue would be a secure top and the weight issues that I'm sure of which you are already aware.
Who flung poo?

#8 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

u could try using old pringle cans i know its kinda ghetto but it worksand holds more ammo then the smaller pods
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#9 User is offline   madmags 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:madmags

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

View PostSGT Havoc, on Feb 11 2009, 06:25 PM, said:

u could try using old pringle cans i know its kinda ghetto but it worksand holds more ammo then the smaller pods

Rogue shooter, There is tupper ware style containers out there that would fit your need. Look for something used to store dry goods like cereal. Check at your local walmart in the kitchen section. They have ones w/ pop tops that should hold 400 plus paintballs. This would also limit the weight of the PVC, even using lower grade pvc, you are going to be loading up over 15lbs of extra weight on just the pods. Remember any reducers or caps for pvc is extra thick due to the manufacturing process of those pieces.
www.mutantmonkeys.webs.com

#10 User is offline   andrew h 

• death is on the wind...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*shadow*

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:22 PM

i would go with nalgene bottles. you can buy some cheep caribeeners and clip them anywhere. the only problem would be unscrewing the cap. http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/
so a bush shot you?...
...fear the sniper

official sniper #23
play here! -> http://www.forestfirepb.com/

#11 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:10 AM

View Postmadmags, on Feb 20 2009, 04:43 PM, said:

View PostSGT Havoc, on Feb 11 2009, 06:25 PM, said:

Rogue shooter, There is tupper ware style containers out there that would fit your need. Look for something used to store dry goods like cereal. Check at your local walmart in the kitchen section. They have ones w/ pop tops that should hold 400 plus paintballs. This would also limit the weight of the PVC, even using lower grade pvc, you are going to be loading up over 15lbs of extra weight on just the pods. Remember any reducers or caps for pvc is extra thick due to the manufacturing process of those pieces.

I actually was in Wally-World again today and found "Sugar Dispensers" with a flip-lid that are just about the right size to hold a bag or so of paint... the only thing that would keep them from fitting in my dump pouches is that they have handles, but I can cut/grind them off. The "Cereal Dispenser" ones were there too, but they're too big to fit in my pouches, or any other pouch I've seen. Best part is, they cost about the same as a 140 round GenX camo pod lol...

Only problem is, my hours have been cut back at work, and I doubt I'm going to be able to afford to feed this thing again until summer swings around.

This post has been edited by RogueShooter: 26 February 2009 - 07:11 AM

#12 User is offline   bob endo 

• Nemesis
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

Just doing the math, over here ...
You're saying that you need the ability to carry between 4000 & 5600 paintballs.
Do use a scuba tank to power your markers ?
Are you a robot ?
If so, what kind of super powers do you possess ?
(Aside from the obvious super human strength !)

Seriously ... I would consider ... umm ... aiming ... instead.
:dodgy:

This post has been edited by bob endo: 02 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

My office is the absence of corners.

#13 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

Posted Image
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#14 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

That's why I became a "sniper" easy load out and easy on the pockets. Plus when you switch play styles, being used to not having firepower, and then having some decent firepower just makes you ungodly. Anyone who reads the Whiteboard will remember the time they gave Bandit a pistol. :P

#15 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on Mar 3 2009, 10:27 PM, said:

That's why I became a "sniper" easy load out and easy on the pockets. Plus when you switch play styles, being used to not having firepower, and then having some decent firepower just makes you ungodly. Anyone who reads the Whiteboard will remember the time they gave Bandit a pistol. :P

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users