Special Ops Paintball: Sniper marker debate - Special Ops Paintball

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sniper marker debate I can't decide!! Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Which should I use? (339 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I get the Tippman Custom Pro, or the Special Ops Q-Bow?

1. Tippman Custom Pro (58 votes [17.11%])

Percentage of vote: 17.11%

2. Special Ops Q-Bow (281 votes [82.89%])

Percentage of vote: 82.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 User is offline   crazyjoeog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:crazyjoeog

Post icon  Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

well both guns are great!!! no doubt and each one has it difficulties. But to me a deal is better than anything. Why buy a farrari when a honda can go just as fast and does so at half the price. what i mean is why pay top dollar for sniping gear when it gonna still shoot paint. Id buy the tippmann for now. Thats what i use, and then plan on upgrading to a better gun later on. I dont know your skill level but if your a newb walkin around with 1000$+ worth of gear and yet you suck whats the point. Its more amazing to pay less and do well than to pay a ton and suck. Thats my opinion. I dont know if its valid but the sticker price for the qloader is to much for my broke A. But hell if your rich and it wont set you back buy an angel and be snimmer= a sniper than can put 30shots into someone in less than 5 seconds......

#77 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:48 PM

View PostMaster Cheif, on Feb 18 2008, 01:54 PM, said:

View Postsuper_stalker, on Jan 7 2008, 06:36 PM, said:

View PostMaster Cheif, on Jan 4 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

I personally would go with the Tippmann one reason is becouse the Tippmann i completely coustomizable and if you ever do get into some other position you can easilyupdate your marker and not have to buy a new one. The other reason is that if you like the Tippmann then you should get it but if you just see a new gun with cooler lookin parts doesnt mean its better. Also another little tip before you go out and buy yourself your new gun and barrel, the best and most accurate barrel you could or should get would be about 14in anything higher will choke your gun plus lowering the paitball velocity thus makeing your paintballs not hit thoes far off targets.

buy the mag and you don't have to do bubcus to go from speedball to woodsball or any postion for that matter. No offence but putting a milsim body kit on a tippmann does not make it any better suited for anything.

How is a paintball leaving a 21 inch barrel at 280 feet per second going to go less further than a paintball leaving a barrel of a 14 inch barrel at 280 feet per second? Haaving a longer barrel may make your gun a tiny bit less effecint but the amount is not going to be noticeable.

Well its ok if you dont like the Tippmann, I have notheing against you there , but for the barrel question, I know that if you have a barrel that is longer then 14 in. it will choke your gun and it wont go as far. Ok heres a little diminstration lets say you have a straw and are tryin to shoot a spitball, well lets say u put the sptiball at the end of the straw farthest from you mouth and shoot it. The spitball will shoot but it wont go far and will most likley hit anywhere but your target at some distance, now lets say you put the spitball at the other end of the straw closest to your mouth, the spitball is more likley to hit your target and mabe even gets some distance to. Ok which end was it harder to shoot the spitball at? The end closest to your mouth, the reason being becouse the spitball was closer to your mouth it took more air to shoot it then to have it at the other end. The same goes for paintball, you take a 21 in barrel it will take more CO2 to shoot paintballs then it will with a 14 in. Now still a 21 in barrel might work for some markers but in most cases it would be a better idea to just use a 14 in barrel.

Dirty Acronym are you smoking? That example had nothing to do with barrel length affecting accuracy.. yes it will take more gas to shoot but the diffrence is negligable. you might lose 50 shots out of a 20 oz or 68/45.

This post has been edited by super_stalker: 24 February 2008 - 03:51 PM

One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#78 User is offline   EvilxTriumphs 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

it really depends on the kind of snipeing you want now the Q-bow im not as familiar as i am with the tippmann the tippmann is a gun you can crawl through the dirt and drop it hit it against a tree all within 3 minutes and always expect to have the same consistancy you got from your first shot (and i know this is very biased :D i love tippmanns) i think the tippmann would be a good gun for someone jsut starting on snipeing or just want a reliable gun
"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing"

"War doesn't determine whos right, Only whos left."

#79 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

View PostEvilxTriumphs, on Mar 7 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

it really depends on the kind of snipeing you want now the Q-bow im not as familiar as i am with the tippmann the tippmann is a gun you can crawl through the dirt and drop it hit it against a tree all within 3 minutes and always expect to have the same consistancy you got from your first shot (and i know this is very biased :( i love tippmanns) i think the tippmann would be a good gun for someone jsut starting on snipeing or just want a reliable gun

I'll take a mag, blazer, or cocker over any tippmann.

But that's just me, I'm biased because I've broken 2 tippmanns.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#80 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:01 PM

id say the CP. just because theyre reliable, and simple. way cheaper too

#81 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

View Postsuper_stalker, on Mar 15 2008, 12:01 AM, said:

it really depends on the kind of snipeing you want now the Q-bow im not as familiar as i am with the tippmann the tippmann is a gun you can crawl through the dirt and drop it hit it against a tree all within 3 minutes and always expect to have the same consistancy you got from your first shot (and i know this is very biased :rolleyes: i love tippmanns) i think the tippmann would be a good gun for someone jsut starting on snipeing or just want a reliable gun

I have seen more mags broken than anything. Actually I have personally seen more mags broken than brass eagle markers. But maybe that is because I have seen more mags.

I have never had any problem with a tippmann. Well one problem was the rt trigger that I had on my a-5. But other than that everything was fine. I would take a cocker over a tippmann if it is setup right. But my cocker tech doesnt do much paintballing anymroe so I dont have the luxury of the fine tuning and little tricks he can do to quieten the crap out of them.

I will play with just about anything. I mean I went for a year with a stingray 2 before upgrading to the first model 98.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#82 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

View Postjiu-jitsu fighter, on Mar 17 2008, 12:33 PM, said:

View Postsuper_stalker, on Mar 15 2008, 12:01 AM, said:

it really depends on the kind of snipeing you want now the Q-bow im not as familiar as i am with the tippmann the tippmann is a gun you can crawl through the dirt and drop it hit it against a tree all within 3 minutes and always expect to have the same consistancy you got from your first shot (and i know this is very biased :ghillie: i love tippmanns) i think the tippmann would be a good gun for someone jsut starting on snipeing or just want a reliable gun

I have seen more mags broken than anything. Actually I have personally seen more mags broken than brass eagle markers. But maybe that is because I have seen more mags.

How do you break a mag and not be able to fix it there? What was wrong with said mags.

I have yet to have one of my mags go down on me once I get them up and running.

#83 User is offline   ecstatic_veggie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:24 PM

I would definitely try and see if you could try them out before deciding on investments. Ive always been a Tippmann fan since way back when the 98 came out, but I know full well they arent high end markers. And they are definitely loud, but being quiet isnt everything. When you see brightly colored streaks go flying through the woods then it isnt rocket science to figure out someone is shooting at you. Because in paintball "dead men" talk, even if its against the rules.(And I site my last attempt at ambushing as an example)

There is art to proper ambushing and isnt a money dependant skill. Chances are you arent going to be able to properly ambush an entire "squad" "team" or whatever without some sort of retailiation whether you are shooting quietly or not. Personally I like to take out one with a quick burst of paint and then run like hell. I am not quite the zen master of it. But its all sorts of fun.

And no offense to anyone here especially Spec Ops as I have purchased several items from them and quite a fan, but those "positions" are more of a selling gimmick. They are meant more as suggestions rather than the holy gospel of woodsball.

So definitely research and research, everyone says AGD has great customer service, and its been my experience that Tippmann has excellent customer service. Tippmann's are quite well known for their durability but they break, because EVERYTHING can and eventually will break.

Just dont listen to anyone's advice about getting an ION : Smart Parts, D. Cheney and North Korea are the new axis of evil.

This post has been edited by ecstatic_veggie: 21 March 2008 - 04:24 PM

#84 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

The tippmann 98 is an excellent marker and all the upgrades would make it ideal, thats what I plan on having eventually. But the Q-bow and Longbow are in a range of their own, if you have the money go for the Q-bow. Otherwise the tippmann is great just dont expect Q-bow performance.

#85 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:00 PM

View PostMatch99, on Apr 7 2008, 09:41 AM, said:

The tippmann 98 is an excellent marker and all the upgrades would make it ideal, thats what I plan on having eventually. But the Q-bow and Longbow are in a range of their own, if you have the money go for the Q-bow. Otherwise the tippmann is great just dont expect Q-bow performance.

Other than a LPK, the E-bolt kit, and the cyclone feed there are no worth while upgrades for the gun.

Not only that but you can pick up a vibe or SP1 for the same price(if not less)

#86 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:43 PM

Personally I don't like the cyclone system. Why get that when you can buy a Hal and then be able to use it on any marker?

#87 User is offline   Snipeo101 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Snipeo101@gmail.com

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:43 PM

View PostTenacious221, on Jun 20 2006, 12:10 PM, said:

AGD has an even better reputation than Tippmann for quality...

"Surprised you didnt know that" -Tommy Boy

The Tac one is a great marker, and you can also change the parts around with centerfeeds, warpfeeds, and pretty much any body that AGD makes can fit on the Tac One.

Recently AGD has even started to make a Warp Tac One body. meaning the feed is out the side, Probably ideal for q-bow setups...

-Tenacious

Tippmann has a reputation for quality?

durability, but quality. in the last 4 years?

i was unaware

side note- i own a sl-2, 98, and a-5

"we don't stop playing because we get old.
We grow old because we stop playing"
unknown

live by it

#88 User is offline   The Elder 

• Sharpshooter
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phantom-Sniper

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

The Q BOW is great if you can afford one. Tippmanns are very good markers but are a little loud.

#89 User is offline   The Lone Ronin 

• A.R.C
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:A.R.C Trooper

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

iT MAY BE LATE BUT i WILL THROW IN MY COMMENT. pERSONNALY i HAD THE Q-BOW AND I was not very happy with it at all. however it you have your heart set on a q loader, you can get it for pretty much any tippmann. Personnaly, i use an A-5 and X7 for sniping and neither of them has ever let me down. I did have a q-loader for an a-5 once. it worked well but in order to attach the q loader you will void the warrnty of the A-5 and /or x7. Hope this helps.

View PostAlpha Sniper, on Jun 20 2006, 07:16 AM, said:

My first idea was to base my rifle off of a Tippman Custom Pro, because I like the way it looks, feels, and shoots. I had planned to get a Stiffi 16" barrel for it, a collapsable stock (Tippman, of course), and mod that stock to accept a Rocket Cock 2 so I could quiet down my action. I was going to use the Q-Loader system so I could get rid of my hopper, add a red-dot sight on a raised sight rail, and I was going to go remote.

However...

I was cruising the SpecOps articles and I saw the Longbow. Now there were a couple things about the Longbow that made me not want to get it. First, was the 18" barrel; I wanted to play with a sixteen inch. Second, was the twenty round magazine. I really had my heart set on a Q-Loader. But when I saw the Q-Bow variant of the Longbow, that beautiful sister gun to the perfect sniper rifle, I almost died. It was everything I was looking for!

Horizontal feed, and therefore a completely unobstructed view so I could mount my sight right to the top. It has an air-through butt-stock, so it's slightly more convenient than the Tippman collapsable stock I was going to use on the Custom Pro. It fits a 16" barrel quite nicely, and it uses a Q-Loader!! The more I looked at it, the more it looked like my Holy Grail.

So...

Now I don't know what to do. Tippman has a reputation for high-quality products, and I doubt a Custom Pro would let me down. But the Q-Bow is everything I'm looking for and more! And... it looks incredibly bad-@$$. Obviously, the Q-Bow is going to cost me quite a lot more than a Custom Pro, but I don't sacrifice quality because I'll have to be a little more patient getting it. I'm perfectly willing to wait and save my money.

I don't know what to do!! Help!

I set up a poll so you can easily voice your oppinion, but any comments are welcome and appreciated. I value your point of view!!

" Kill a few people and they call you a murderer. Kill a million and your a conquerer "

#90 User is offline   SK8NPAINT94 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

get a rap 4 they have magazine like real guns that hold 18 rounds each. www.rap4.com

they look goo have air threw collapsable stock and have sights rails look at the t68 version guns. if ur a sniper its worth it

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users