#16 User is offline   7th Spartan 

• Kill'em Kill'em all
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:7th Spartan

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

View PostFro98c, on Jun 17 2007, 07:45 PM, said:

Shoot myself in the foot and run away screaming like a little girl. :D
I think at this time an imaginary teammate would come in handy. I once hollared to an imaginary teammate behind a bunker next to me. one of the three guys coming at me diverted his fire to the other bunker and I popped out of the side that he was previously shooting. I only managed to get out one guy and then got lit up.
If that doesn't work I'd blind shot a couple shots and then pop out.

nice dude :D
Team Omega Kansas Ballers Official Ion Owner #52
View My Special Ops Brigade Page What we do in life echos in eternity

#17 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

View Postcpt_crunch, on Jun 17 2007, 10:23 PM, said:

you are bunkered down taking fire from two guys. you think both are advancing straight up towards you. your team is too far off to help. balls are breaking all over your cover. what do you do? so basically its you against two and your under fire.

-stay down and wait for them to come behind the bunker.
-stand up and fire
-blind fire over the top
-blind fire then stand up
-rush out the side and look for better cover as you go
-rush forward

what do you do?

You have to make a break for it under your own suppression fire (it sounds like you are solo) to your opponents weak side...if they appear to be right-handed (trigger hand), break to their right, and especially if there is better cover. You may have to switch trigger hands to provide cover fire for yourself...a good reason to practice with both hands. NEVER poke your head up or fire above your cover if you can avoid it. Take quick peeks from around your cover, and maybe fire off a few rounds to keep your opponents honest. Never run directly at or from your opponents...all they have to do is line up their shots up and down for distance as you are straight in front of them, but if you can run away diagonally, they have to line up their shots from side-to-side and to lead their shots, as well as adjust for distance. Avoid turning your back to your opponents.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:48 PM

Don't blind fire. Idiots are not welcome in paintball.

But on topic, I would attempt to snap shoot, to get them to duck. If they take cover or stop shooting, I would run away, tree-walking if possible. If the snap shooting doesn't halt/or stall them, I'd probably try a paint grenade if applicable. Failing that I'd try and retreat by simply standing up and sprinting away in sort of a random zig-zag pattern.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#19 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:53 AM

View PostThe Scout, on Jun 18 2007, 01:36 PM, said:

Well there are times to run away. I'd suggest getting the heck out of dodge and then finding a better place to engage the other team.

yeah...fighting retreat or slink sideways. if you can work the bunker against both of them, do it. otherwise, book it to a better spot ASAP.

and blind firing is a good way to have someone get lit up at pointblank range...it ain't fun.

This post has been edited by thebostinian: 26 June 2007 - 05:53 AM

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#20 User is offline   The Spartan 

• awesome
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bbaldey

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

What i would do is i would crouch and move backwards into some brush or some other type of cover so they op4 is farther away. Keep moving back until they are out of range and set up an ambush. :P

Whatever you do, do it quick because if there are 2 of them shooting at you, chances are that one of them will bunker you soon.

Official Dagger #9 _ Owner of a Limited Edition Gold Smart Parts Epiphany_ Christian Baller

#21 User is offline   Icevayne 

• orange boxes go here:
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Duke of Destruction

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:45 PM

snap shoot one of the guys then that would spook the other one out so he takes cover then jump out of your bunker and rush to his and bunker him =)

ps:spartan i think your sig is too big

#22 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:55 PM

personally i wouldnt get myself in this situation.... i would have shot these guys already, with my tippmann A-5 w/flatline... lol

BUT IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN..

I would lay down, on my back...

let the balls fly over my head and sit up when the bursts end, do pop shots, its really a great way to do it, especally in tall grass, this is how i didnt get shot the other day when my whole team got out, and i popped off each one of the team that was left defending the flag, grabbed it, and ran like the wind

#23 User is offline   J.W.Pepper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

i would lay into the bunker they are hiding behind and make them duck thier heads. Run like hell in the oposite direction, just out of sight of your opponents and get down on your belly behind some soft cover. They should advance forward assuming you went for some better cover, carefully checking out each bunker as they go. Ambush them when they get close enough. If they see you before you get a shot, repeat getting thier head down, run away, and set up again.
South Eastern Pennsylvannia Paintball Community www.sepapaintball.com
T-E-A-M R-A-G-N-A-R-O-K WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS...
www.teamragnarok.com
SPONSORS:
http://www.WDP.tv| http://www.JtSports.com| http://www.FogTech.com| http://www.Jassepaintball.com| http://www.HooahBar.com| http://www.HoffmanPaintball.com| http://www.StrategyPlus.com

#24 User is offline   MasterLint 

• The master of lint
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MasterLint

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

... only two people? Well, first off, if there are only two people coming straight at your front, stay down and start backing up slightly. If shots are barely missing you, trace and ajust from that angle and shoot there. Or if it's a solid bunker(not just a thorn bush or something like that), just wait for the people to pop up around it and shoot them then.

#25 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

well i would try to move just a couple feet away from there so their still shooting at the last known position, so you get a different angle on them while they're not focused on where your at
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#26 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:24 PM

proven technique is to engage for a second (aka snapshooot but lay down a lot of paint: think like a hammer or broadsword for just a second), just to put people into cover, then retreat. If they both go for cover, be sneaky and fall back quietly. If only one goes for cover and the other can see you retreat, then run like hell until you are out of sight and set up an ambush. I have beaten a 6v1 situation on a larger field this way. Don't fall back in a straight line for your side of the field; you will run out of room. Instead play ring around the rosey with these guys and fall back and bump to a side. If you are lucky you can get all the way behind your opponents. Everytime you fall back move laterally to your opponents, but vary it so they can't predict where you are going. Once you have whittled down the opposition, then you get to play more of a ghost flanker and hunt down the opposition one by one. hope this helps.

oh, and when you do re-engage after falling back, try to single out your opponents. With you running around in their back field they are likely to get freaked, so you can generally single one of from the horde of bloodthirsty OPFOR. and when their numbers dwindle, they get more freaked. :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#27 User is offline   SPdagger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:protopb07

Post icon  Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:01 PM

Shoot at their position, and retreat to one of the bunkers behind you, so you can try and get a better angle at them, when they try to move up.

;)

This post has been edited by SPdagger: 08 August 2007 - 09:20 AM

~CC~

www.freewebs.com/ultimateevilpaintball

#28 User is offline   rightintheface 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:35 AM

View Postcpt_crunch, on Jun 17 2007, 07:23 PM, said:

you are bunkered down taking fire from two guys. you think both are advancing straight up towards you. your team is too far off to help. balls are breaking all over your cover. what do you do? so basically its you against two and your under fire.

-stay down and wait for them to come behind the bunker.
-stand up and fire
-blind fire over the top
-blind fire then stand up
-rush out the side and look for better cover as you go
-rush forward

what do you do?

just one idea, but maybe sit back from my cover and unload where I think they might appear? Maybe at least take one out that way.

#29 User is offline   undeadmouse 

• Look! An undead mouse!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:undeadmouse

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:01 AM

1) Look around to see if there is better cover within running distance.
2a) If so, snapshoot, then run to that spot.
2b) If not, snapshoot and hope they don't flank.
3) Repeat until I reach my team or they both are out.

Hide in shame from my lack of aim! - Pump Member 112 (It's been over 2 years, okay?) ...blah dropped to 54% shot efficiency.
I'm back from a long long long time of no paintball, drooling over markers older then I am.

#30 User is offline   ChurchTRPT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE CHURCH

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:46 PM

A lot of good advice given.

I agree, DON'T BLINDFIRE! That's a major rule at many fields that will get you kicked out anyway.

If they're both rushing at you and you are kneeling down behind a bunker, I'm assuming it's not a standup so you have 3 possible sides to shoot from, basically. Since there is only 2 of them, one of those sides probably isn't being shot. If they're shooting just your bunker, smile and snapshoot the idiots that don't know how to cover a bunker. If they're smart and putting their paint just away from the bunker, that's harder. Especially if they swap and cover that 3rd side too. To which there's really not much you can do. I like the calling to a teammate fake. That should work to divert their attention momentarily and give you your shot, if nothing else.

So basically, fake 'em with a call and snapshoot out of the side that opens up. Hit what you can and move if you can. You don't have long to decide, so whatever you decide to do first, do it! Don't think about it too long or you're out!
"You are my hammer and weapon of war." - Jeremiah 51:20
As I crawl through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil, for God is behind me with a DOUBLE TROUBLE!

ROUGHNECK PUMPER

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users