Special Ops Paintball: tippman or ion - Special Ops Paintball

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

tippman or ion i just dont kno Rate Topic: -----

Poll: tippman or ion? (127 member(s) have cast votes)

tippman or ion

1. tippman (60 votes [47.24%])

Percentage of vote: 47.24%

2. ion (67 votes [52.76%])

Percentage of vote: 52.76%

Vote

#151 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:42 PM

View Postfrench t0ast, on Aug 5 2006, 10:31 PM, said:

this just need to be closed.

come on guys, different people like different guns. I like my ion, and some other person likes his/her tippmann. They are both good markers, and there both cheep.

Agreed. It should be closed because this discussion is carring on way more than needed. Sure I did post some of it, but when it dies, leave it alone. If its at the bottom, don't touch it. There is no need to stae your opinion after no one cares.

...wow, I sound like a complete hypocrite.

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#152 User is offline   1 SHOT SNIPER 

• pratticus
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pratticus

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:55 PM

granted I can bang an a5 off somthing harder than I could an ion and not break it. However how much does that matter. HOw many times have we all seriously slammed our guns off rocks. so we can give the a5 durability I grant you that. Now reliability is somthing totaly differant that depends mostly on how well the gun is maintained and taken care of between games. that depends on the user so that has to be a tie. efficancy thats easy the a5 is a known gas hog the ion wins that. versatility is how many different play styles the gun can be used in. the ion and a5 both have a great share of aftermarket woodsball parts such as the black cell. I still think stocks and sights are heavy and a waste of money but what ever floats your boat. Im gonna make that a tie some may say well the a5 has more aftermarket stocks and such but having 50 different looking stocks doesnt change the functionality of one so versatility is a tie. now rof is easy the ion stock can outshoot an a5 with even egrip. acuracy and consistancy Im lumping these two together beacuse they are linked now take an a5 down to the chrono and chrono it notice the high spikes somtimes up to 40fps. now take an ion down to the chrono range and you will get spikes up to 20fps. beacuse of this ion wins acuracy although paint to bore match is more important and both guns come with bad stock barrels. and yes you did bobaboy or at least come close to saying the a5 had better acuracy read you first post its the most biased post Ive ever read. notice you call the a5 a killer gun in the opening scentance with high quality materials which I never said they werent durable but they are certainly not high quality. as far as choping goes the ion has eyes the a5 does not enogh said.
so in the end it pans out like this
ion
efficancy
speed
consistancy and acuracy
eyes

ties
reliability
versatility

a5
durrability

thats the way I look at it its in black in white if you think you are some day gonna acidently run over your gun get the a5 but thats realy the only reason I see for picking that over an ion. my big problem with all of this is specops. they make people believe to play woodsball you need an a5 and all these stocks and sights to play so as a result kids who come on this forum buy a5s without looking at other options and the people who already have a5's encourage them. I had a 98 until very recently and I was just like one of those a5 kids a year ago I thought oo the ion must suck casue its a speedball gun and only noobs and cheaters play that and completly shut myself off from an entire wing of the sport that now Im proud to say is more fun that pretending to be a sniper ever was (oh ya if anyones interested in an action ghillie pm me I used it about 5 times includes hood and rifle rag.)

View Postbobaboy007, on Aug 4 2006, 03:55 PM, said:

View PostJerseyPaint, on Aug 4 2006, 03:11 PM, said:

View Postbobaboy007, on Aug 4 2006, 05:52 PM, said:

well thats a biased statement if I've ever heard one....

Ok people, heres the lowdown: they're both great guns, for differant people and differant situations. The ion requires more work or maintanence, but you get a high quality performance out of it. Its reasonably accurate and fires at an average speed for an electro-pneumatic. Its a great starting speedball gun and could be modified to be a decent woodsball gun.

The A5 is a killer gun with HIGH quality (don't know what your talking about with the sear, never heard of that happening with anyone I know, and we all have newer a5s), very useful mods, very accurate for a blowback, exteremly fast for a mech, durable, and low maintance (though a gun is only as good as the one taking care of it). In addition, I've noticed that the a5 has a unique design that (for me at least), allows me to be (this is a zen statement, lol) part of the gun, much more than a speedball gun like the Ion. Its an amazing thing to experiance.

Bottomline- its your choice.

Well thats a biased statement if I've ever heasrd one....

Great job on emphasising the A-5's features and putting the Ions features (the very few you mentioned in a negative light) in a small little rant.

frankly, the Ion doesn't have alot of special features. Sorry to burst your bubble. as an electropneumatic, its nothing special. The Impulse is much better- the ion only exists b/c smartparts wanted to get in on the mid-level market.

#153 User is offline   Gyrocopter 

• Gyronator
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gyrocopter

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:16 PM

View PostJerseyPaint, on Aug 5 2006, 08:42 PM, said:

come on guys, different people like different guns. I like my ion, and some other person likes his/her tippmann. They are both good markers, and there both cheep.

Agreed. It should be closed because this discussion is carring on way more than needed. Sure I did post some of it, but when it dies, leave it alone. If its at the bottom, don't touch it. There is no need to stae your opinion after no one cares.

Thank you! I was getting tired of everyone crying because everyone else is bashing each others favorite brands. This does not have to be a war.
P.S. this was at the top again.

This post has been edited by Gyrocopter: 05 August 2006 - 08:18 PM

I got a crate of grenades for christmas!!!

#154 User is offline   A5117 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:02 PM

[quote name='1 SHOT SNIPER' post='862611' date='Aug 5 2006, 07:55 PM']
granted I can bang an a5 off somthing harder than I could an ion and not break it. However how much does that matter. HOw many times have we all seriously slammed our guns off rocks. so we can give the a5 durability I grant you that. Now reliability is somthing totaly differant that depends mostly on how well the gun is maintained and taken care of between games. that depends on the user so that has to be a tie. efficancy thats easy the a5 is a known gas hog the ion wins that. versatility is how many different play styles the gun can be used in. the ion and a5 both have a great share of aftermarket woodsball parts such as the black cell. I still think stocks and sights are heavy and a waste of money but what ever floats your boat. Im gonna make that a tie some may say well the a5 has more aftermarket stocks and such but having 50 different looking stocks doesnt change the functionality of one so versatility is a tie. now rof is easy the ion stock can outshoot an a5 with even egrip. acuracy and consistancy Im lumping these two together beacuse they are linked now take an a5 down to the chrono and chrono it notice the high spikes somtimes up to 40fps. now take an ion down to the chrono range and you will get spikes up to 20fps. beacuse of this ion wins acuracy although paint to bore match is more important and both guns come with bad stock barrels. and yes you did bobaboy or at least come close to saying the a5 had better acuracy read you first post its the most biased post Ive ever read. notice you call the a5 a killer gun in the opening scentance with high quality materials which I never said they werent durable but they are certainly not high quality. as far as choping goes the ion has eyes the a5 does not enogh said.
so in the end it pans out like this
ion
efficancy
speed
consistancy and acuracy
eyes

ties
reliability
versatility

a5
durrability

thats the way I look at it its in black in white if you think you are some day gonna acidently run over your gun get the a5 but thats realy the only reason I see for picking that over an ion. my big problem with all of this is specops. they make people believe to play woodsball you need an a5 and all these stocks and sights to play so as a result kids who come on this forum buy a5s without looking at other options and the people who already have a5's encourage them. I had a 98 until very recently and I was just like one of those a5 kids a year ago I thought oo the ion must suck casue its a speedball gun and only noobs and cheaters play that and completly shut myself off from an entire wing of the sport that now Im proud to say is more fun that pretending to be a sniper ever was (oh ya if anyones interested in an action ghillie pm me I used it about 5 times includes hood and rifle rag.)
...End qoute

Yeeahhh... hey jersey, im sorry man, this is at the top again, no matter how much we leave it to let it die... it keeps coming back... this is my last post here, it needs to be closed... Oh an 1 shot, why would you rip specops for the a5/tippmann craze? You know what man? Specops have made pretty nice advancements in paintball tech, they are the opsgear for woodsball, if your just gonna diss em, why would you even bother posting on their site?

This post has been edited by A5117: 05 August 2006 - 09:06 PM

#155 User is offline   cyrus-the-virus 

• The Co2 guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cyrus-the-virus

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:53 PM

View PostGyrocopter, on Aug 5 2006, 08:16 PM, said:

View PostJerseyPaint, on Aug 5 2006, 08:42 PM, said:

Thank you! I was getting tired of everyone crying because everyone else is bashing each others favorite brands. This does not have to be a war.
P.S. this was at the top again.

I hate both brands equaly..... esspecialy SP..... but the ion is far supirior to the tippmann.
\

#156 User is offline   1 SHOT SNIPER 

• pratticus
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pratticus

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:05 AM

cyrus I tried to reply to ur pm but it said its either full or disabled.

#157 User is offline   ambushsniper12 

• Master Sniper
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GhostSniper12

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:34 AM

I gotta go with a tippy. My A5 has never broke down on me but i can't say the same for an ion. never used one so i can't judge it. but i know that a tippmann will get the job done.
~SpecialOps Master Sniper~
IPB Image
IPB Image

#158 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:50 AM

Sad really. Especially since people seem to be arguing over nothing. Did the topic starter state WHY they are taking a poll? No. Are they wanting to see how many people own one or the other? Seeing what people think is better? What would be best to start speedball with? No one knows.

closed.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users