Special Ops Paintball: Profilers vs Grill - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Profilers vs Grill Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Profilers vs Grill (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one do I get?

1. V-Force Profiler (5 votes [38.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. Voted V-Force Grills (7 votes [53.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

3. Other (Better be amazing for me to consider anything else lol) (1 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Jones 

• Isaiah 6:8
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:09 PM

I can not decide which to get. I can get a profiler really cheap right now so im leaning towards it, but just due to price. I have yet to try on either one but plan to do so very soon. Please help me decide.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   THUNDR 

• Heavy Metal
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Koos

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

Grills are the successor to Profilers. I own Grills and have worn Profilers. Grills have a bit more protection around the jawline and don't have such a "bubbled out" look, and still provide great vision. It's really a matter of personal preference - I would really suggest that you try them both on before you get one.

View PostMarine Scout Sniper, on 24 November 2008 - 06:47 PM, said:

I just try to fulfill what the military conciders when they look for a sniper. ...their major concern is over all accuracy, physical stamina, patience, ability to acquire top secret clearance, and prior experience in paintball and/or hunting...

Gearbag Sale

#3 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:36 AM

I just bought a profiler and love it. View range feels like you dont have a mask on, and we played in 92 degree weather, it didn't fog at all. And we we're up and down hills.

This post has been edited by Domi-Nate: 14 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

#4 User is offline   Jones 

• PipPip

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

I think it is just going to come down to how they feel when I try them on. I like the looks of the grillz more. But everyone says the amount of periphial vision in the profilers is amazing. Since i play as a "sniper" a lot, the increased periphials would be good so i would have to turn my head even less. Pretty sure im just gonna have to try them on.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

Grillz > Profiler. Thermal lens always wins out.

#6 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

Like you wrote Jones: gotta try them on. The field of view is practically identical, only very slightly better w/ the Profiler... of course the Grill has a slightly smaller profile as a result. The big advantage to the Grill, IMO, is the changeable foam. Having a spare set of foam to swap out for a fresh dry set during a hot day cuts down on the probability of condensation/fog on the lens. As for the lens itself, it's a wash - they are both the same "thermo-cured" single lens. I replace mine every season when the thermo coating starts to wear off (except this past year, been using Fog-Tech... so far so good).

A true thermal lens, like the dual pane ones available from JT & Invert, are definitely better... until the seal breaks. By then though it would likely be time for a new lens anyways.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

My mistake. I was thinking events and not grillz. I even went to empires site scratching my head about ger's comment. Anyways ... thermal pane ftw.

side note: Empire redid their site. It looks like KEE's store front now. JT, BT, Empire. Bye-bye WGP you ain't listed.

#8 User is offline   Jones 

• PipPip

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

I totally forgot about the interchangeable foam. That is a huge plus for me cause i sweat like crazy! All year round, even when its freezing. lol. My main problem is i would like to have the Grillz more, but i could get a set of used Profilers that look brand new right now for a little over $30. The cheapest i would be able to get the Grillz is for around $60 used. I am on an extremely tight budget but have decided to get a few paintball things for myself. A new mask was not even a thought till i remembered how much mine suck. lol
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

Truthfully Jones... what good is a bunch of cool paintball stuff if you can't see to use it thru a fogged up mask? Keep looking for a used Grill - I've actually seen them for around 50 shipped, but you'd have to set aside a few extra bucks for foam too at some point. Otherwise the Profiler is fine, it's my primary & I don't expect to change anytime soon.

EDIT: speaking of Invert/Empire... my cousin got an amazing deal on a pair of Helix - they are the bottom budget version of E-vents. All a hard plastic material but same lens system. Look on eBay for them. He got a brand new pair in OD green w/ the dual pane lens for only $30 w/ free shipping. That was over a year ago & I haven't really looked into them recently, but I noticed one just the other day that was the same thing for $30 plus $10 shipping - worth checking out.

This post has been edited by ger: 14 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

ger

#10 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

I was gonna say, what the heck slink, profilers do have a thermal lens. But I guess not the in the sense he was talking about. Still though Profilers like never fog, that is general consensus so I think they are a fine cheaper alternative.

#11 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

I went from JT Elite Foggers (cuz thats all they did) to a V-force Grill and it was like opening a present on chrismas day. My mask no longer fogged. In fact, the first time I used it, it started to rain. I had clear peripheral vision throughout, and was able to continue the game while my opponent's masks fogged like hell (true story, my opponents told me and everything).
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#12 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

Well if your ze "sniper", get dye i4's. Amazingly tight so you can look right down your marker.

I have had i4's, grill, and profiler.

Profiler. 1st mask. I still want another one. Amazing mask for price. I think they look good. Great foam. Huge lens is awesome!!! Nice rubber front which have got bounces for me. Love the different visor selections too. And changing lens is really easy.

Grill. Looks sleeker, more alien than profiler. Looks AWESOME with a mirror lens. You don't really notice the smaller lens that much. You can tell the profiler is bigger, but it's not like you feel restricted in the grill. Grill foam is incredible as well. Change lens and foam in a SECOND!!!!! Fastest out there if you ask me. Really cool how you can take the foam out too for cleaning.

I4's...Well are you stuck on the v-force line? If you are, I won't discuss the i4's. If you want me to, I will.

Grill vs. Profiler though....

To be honest, they are both great. Plus on grill is dissasembly. Plus on profiler is that extra visor (I really like the alternate one). Both look cool. Can wear sandana better on profiler. Can wear beanie better on grill.

So in conclusion, it's all preference if you ask me. One is not better than another.

Some people think the grill is better because it came out after the profiler and is there "newest mask".....nahhhh.

Let me know if you have any questions! And I did this all on my mobile so I apologize for any mistakes.

#13 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:48 AM

5N1P3R, on 15 September 2010 - 09:31 PM, said:

Well if your ze "sniper", get dye i4's. Amazingly tight so you can look right down your marker.

I have had i4's, grill, and profiler.

Profiler. 1st mask. I still want another one. Amazing mask for price. I think they look good. Great foam. Huge lens is awesome!!! Nice rubber front which have got bounces for me. Love the different visor selections too. And changing lens is really easy.

Grill. Looks sleeker, more alien than profiler. Looks AWESOME with a mirror lens. You don't really notice the smaller lens that much. You can tell the profiler is bigger, but it's not like you feel restricted in the grill. Grill foam is incredible as well. Change lens and foam in a SECOND!!!!! Fastest out there if you ask me. Really cool how you can take the foam out too for cleaning.

I4's...Well are you stuck on the v-force line? If you are, I won't discuss the i4's. If you want me to, I will.

Grill vs. Profiler though....

To be honest, they are both great. Plus on grill is dissasembly. Plus on profiler is that extra visor (I really like the alternate one). Both look cool. Can wear sandana better on profiler. Can wear beanie better on grill.

So in conclusion, it's all preference if you ask me. One is not better than another.

Some people think the grill is better because it came out after the profiler and is there "newest mask".....nahhhh.

Let me know if you have any questions! And I did this all on my mobile so I apologize for any mistakes.

For my next mask, I would really like an i4. But I've heard they are kind of lacking on neck/chin protection. I've not seen one in person and never used one, so I can't tell by just looking at it.

#14 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:32 AM

The i4 does have a very small profile. A few guys at my field use them... one is a young guy so it covers his face pretty well, though you can see his chin when he talks. A couple of the others are bigger guys & you can see their chin/jaw line even when they aren't talking. Again, gotta try it on first if you can.
ger

#15 User is offline   Jones 

• PipPip

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for all your input guys. It's been very helpful. I plan to go try some stuff on this weekend. I think the i4s are a little out of my price range. lol
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users