• You cannot reply to this topic

Dissapointed in Spec Ops Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Vertisce 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Vertisce

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:09 PM

I used to love Spec Ops. Especially since the store was local to me being based out of Utah. Now it seems the only thing I can buy from here is a Tippman. Spec Ops used to sell just about everything in terms of a marker that I could want. But now they seem to specifically sell one brand. What happened to the Longbow system? That was probably some of the most innovative and coolest stuff to come to paintball in a long time and they just stopped making them. They were obviously selling em. There is still demand for em. So what happened? I miss the old store where I could come here and buy just about anything...now...I dunno...

Automaggot #106

#2 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:18 PM

Well spec ops went under and was bought up my Moati...the new company is now extreme stichworks and operate under the name spec ops...they are primarily focusing on soft goods and select hardgoods.

#3 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:50 PM

Yeah they went out of buisness...your lucky they sell anything now, because of Moati.
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

For which Moati deserves a big thanks.

[size=7]Thanks Moati!

[size="2"]Just cause I never knew the specifics.

Drat, didn't work. :P

This post has been edited by Gilla: 25 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

Who flung poo?

#5 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:17 PM

That's because yuo for got to close the tags..

[size="7"]Thanks Moati![/size]

[size="2"]Just cause I never knew the specifics.[/size]

Thanks Moati!
Just cause I never knew the specifics.

This post has been edited by Puzuma: 25 December 2009 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#6 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:46 PM

View PostVertisce, on Dec 25 2009, 01:09 PM, said:

I used to love Spec Ops. Especially since the store was local to me being based out of Utah. Now it seems the only thing I can buy from here is a Tippman. Spec Ops used to sell just about everything in terms of a marker that I could want. But now they seem to specifically sell one brand. What happened to the Longbow system? That was probably some of the most innovative and coolest stuff to come to paintball in a long time and they just stopped making them. They were obviously selling em. There is still demand for em. So what happened? I miss the old store where I could come here and buy just about anything...now...I dunno...

I feel ya dude. SpecOps will never be the same :P

#7 User is offline   SWAT3050 

• American Arrogant
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zac Shute

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:09 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on Dec 25 2009, 08:46 PM, said:

View PostVertisce, on Dec 25 2009, 01:09 PM, said:

I feel ya dude. SpecOps will never be the same :)

Come on guys MO is trying. Its very hard to bring something so awesome back to full potential when you are operating with considerably less capital and people. But, he is doing a great job. Now SpcOps need as much support as we can give it if it will ever be back on top. HAve some faith it"ll get there.
"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." -Napoleon-

Kickin Ass And Takin Names The American Way

For custom soft goods contact MOATI

#8 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

Yup. And to add to his load he and his wife had a baby that's 2 and a half months early.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#9 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

Guys you gotta give it up for Mo. This guy just went and bought a company that he loves to keep bringing you some sick soft goods. Yeah maybe hardgoods isnt what it used to be but seriously, the vests and soft goods alone sell the most. Yes there was and is still a demand for Longbow systems but it wasnt there big seller. Their big seller was their fusions and their custom vests. Plus if you send Mo a PM on something you want custom made, 9 times out o 10 he will do it for you. That to me shows dedication and love for his sport, his shop, and his fellow ballers.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#10 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

You guys are making it seen like we were all negative.

You know it, I know it. SpecOps will never be the same. I am not saying anything bad about Moati. I am referring to the razorback, Elite weeked, Recon mags, Longbows, Positions, MOVIES!

Trust me, I love MO. I have spoke with him in the phone before and he placed an order for me over the phone while Special Ops was off on Thanksgiving break. He is a great guy and customer service is his priority, gotta love that. What I'm getting at is that Mo now makes mainly soft goods. Special ops used to be everything. I'm not saying that I don't like Mo's new company, not at all, I love it; but it will never be the same as the original Special Ops Paintball.

#11 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:19 AM

saying that it will NEVER be the same .... thats pretty harsh .... never is a loooong time .... and maybe it won't be the same, but give it time and it might be better

#12 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

Different isn't worse or better, it's all about the potential. And I can't think of a better owner for a store than player. In a bit I expect it will be just as complete, Different, but complete.
Who flung poo?

#13 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

View Postklaatu, on Dec 26 2009, 03:19 AM, said:

saying that it will NEVER be the same .... thats pretty harsh .... never is a loooong time .... and maybe it won't be the same, but give it time and it might be better

So you are saying that it could be the same? I honestly can sat it won't ever be the same.

Longbow, Snipers, Action Ghillie, Tanks, Recon mags, Position specific equipment, ELITE WEEKEND, The brigade!!!

Never once did I say it was bad, so how is what I said harsh? Unless Jayson Orvis took control over Spec Ops again, and everyone joine together, it won't be the same.

I think Gulla covered it.

SpecOps is Different, but not in a bad way.

Specops used to be all for the player. With all the free stuff they gave away. They just can't afford to do that anymore becase of the economy.

#14 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:03 PM

Mo took what was fast becoming extinct and is in the process of reviving it. Nothing is ever the same. Even if it had not folded, Tiger Stripe would've had to change. Nothing is ever what it once was. Like Spec Ops? Help keep it alive. Buy stuff.

End.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#15 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

View PostI.K.E., on Dec 26 2009, 07:03 PM, said:

Mo took what was fast becoming extinct and is in the process of reviving it. Nothing is ever the same. Even if it had not folded, Tiger Stripe would've had to change. Nothing is ever what it once was. Like Spec Ops? Help keep it alive. Buy stuff.

End.

Has the recession not hit you? Many many of us cannot just "buy stuff" from them because we want to support the company. There are plenty of other ways to support the company rather than buying from them.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users