Special Ops Paintball: The New Blackcell Line - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The New Blackcell Line Some items that we may want. Rate Topic: -----

Poll: What Vest/ Rig idea would you like? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

What Vest/ Rig style do you like?

1. Idea 1 (6 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Voted Idea 2 (10 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Idea 3 (4 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

With the rebirth of Special Ops Paintball, naturally the Blackcell line should follow. With this rebirth, should come some new looks in the gear that Mil-Sim players would have to go to sites like eBay or surplus and airsoft shops to get.

The features should have MOLLE and the Spec Ops patented Interlock system.

Idea 1: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image http://www.airsoftea...ges/AS1172b.jpg

Idea 2: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Idea 3: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

What are your opinions on these vest/rig concepts and if you want to see them as Blackcell items.

This post has been edited by BIGBOSS_202: 04 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#2 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:alittletippy

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

The only part of the ideas I like is the back of the 2nd idea. Mainly though cuz I am a picky person and I perfer a zippered front with buckles also. Molle all the way around so I can put stuff where I want. Padded shoulders a must. Nice and breathable is a big benefit also.
My Feedback
AIRHOG'S CUSTOM WORKS-CHECK THEM OUT
Tippy's,Thor,Punisher,Punisher CQB,BAKEMONO

#3 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

Personally I don't like any of the vest designs...it might be because I never really run vests, but there is just somethign about the design I don't like design one would have to be the closest to something Iw would wear..the other ones look bulky to me.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#4 User is offline   archanglmikel 

• He is like fire and ice and rage....
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:archanglmikel

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

2 looks like the best of the three. just because it seems the most comfortable to me. wide, easy to adjust shoulder straps. just add the internal elastic waist band from specops's other vest. I would leave off the Interlock though, it just isn't supported any more.

southeast brigade patches coming soon! Archanglmikel's feedback
Avatar made by my wife...please ask before you take...or she'll be forced to use her Freeze Ray.

#5 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

For paintball, I am not a fan of chest rigs with front mounted pods. I crawl a lot, and tried the front pod thing with my old teams Flurry vest (the new models, with 4 front pods). I was always cracking the pods, and never able to crawl right. I diteched it (then caught flak from the captain... long story I made a new team and he's going to jail.)

I know that the military runs their stuff on the front, but magazines are a little tougher than pods. And they don't crawl quite as much.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#6 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:29 AM

Idea 2 would be best, with pods on the back.

#7 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:17 AM

Special Ops could do any of those vest ideas right now as custom items.

The problem w/ them producing & keeping an inventory of those items is that you can already get those vests thru a number of chicom suppliers or cheaperthandirt.com for, well, dirt cheap :D. It would be tough for SO to compete w/ those prices because these guys are churning out hundreds/thousands of these things w/ cheap Chinese/Korean labor. If you want USA quality & exactly the design you're looking for, then have MO give you a quote.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#8 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:25 AM

Just a hunch but I. Think the O.P. realizes this. It was simply meant as a suggestion for qaulity Spec Ops good we would like to see offered as far as "product line" is concerned. You contradicted yourself Ger, why would anyone buy those lower quality chinese crap pieces when we can buy them from SO? O.P merely made a suggestion for a product line, think you missed the point.

#9 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

I get the point. Bigboss is just asking SO to produce items that are readily available. What I didn't point out in my initial post is the fact that those items are also available from quality American manufacturers as well as the cheap chicom knockoffs. What Special Ops does is produce amazing, unique, quality items for paintball players. Their designs are by paintball players for paintball players (right?) & they are specific to paintball which is what makes them special - you won't find a knockoff Dagger X vest available for $29.95 including free shipping from Korea.

"Why would anyone buy those lower quality chinese crap pieces?" Simple, money talks. Many paintball players don't mind buying cheap then replacing that item w/ more cheap ones three times over before hitting the price point of quality gear.

I'm not saying the idea is bad, just that it isn't likely profitable for SO to keep an inventory of these designs.

Case in point: a few years ago, a former SO soft goods designer developed a plate carrier called the Scorpion Prototype. It's featured on the main page for Blackcell as a matter of fact: LINK. The reason it never made it into production was because it was cost prohibitive - the time/material required for each vest would've driven the retail price too high. Lucky for me I managed to snag it a couple years ago during one of their famous SO Soft Good Sales they used to put on in the BST's here on the forums. I love the thing & have used it ever since. LINK to the page in the Player Gallery w/ pics of the vest.

I appreciate the discussion - just that SO does a great job of designing one-of-a-kind paintball soft goods, not rehashes of items that are already out there. Again, if someone wants design number three w/ custom Interlock panels on the back or other custom work, then SO would be happy to do the work.

EDIT: link to pics added

This post has been edited by ger: 05 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#10 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:30 PM

Tru dat about people buying total crap to save. I live by the statement "you get what you pay for" and SO is the real deal. Speaking of deals they have so many bad ass deals its a hell of bargain too.

#11 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

I was merely stating that SO can take any of these designs and make it into their own with SO features and quality. Plus the patterns like Omnipat, or SO Digi and others. Their are Mil-Sim players that do want that type of look but with American Quality that will allow them to use their interlock stuff and other gear.

#12 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:35 AM

I knew what you meant boss. lol

#13 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

Doesn't any die hard Mil-Sim players want a vest or rig that looks like the gear used By the operators of Special Operations Command(SOCOM). SO vests are good but their are some of us that want features in those that can't be found in surplus or airsoft MOLLE gear.

#14 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

Well as far as Blackcell Customs go, you can make whatevre you want really. But these vests made specifically for paintball with some of the more complex features and O camo patterns would run at a pretty high price... me taking a guess: $300 on omnipat or Special Ops digital.
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#15 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:31 PM

View Postedtoro, on 14 October 2010 - 06:00 PM, said:

Well as far as Blackcell Customs go, you can make whatevre you want really. But these vests made specifically for paintball with some of the more complex features and O camo patterns would run at a pretty high price... me taking a guess: $300 on omnipat or Special Ops digital.

Good point. I do wish they'd bring older camo patterns back though. I think they can do a great job with just about anything and I hope they are able to expand their product line from what it currently is. I've come to trust this brand more than any other and hope they can expand in this economy the way it is.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users