• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

D-Day Oklahoma Germans Win !!!! Rate Topic: -----

#106 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:46 PM

Water was bad this year too. My recommendation to anyone who plans on going to OK D-Day is to bring their own water into the field.

WickedKlown, thank you for setting the record straight about us Germans. We're not the evil "idiots" people try to make us out to be.
Member of Team Akkadian

#107 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

View PostJackRock, on Jun 19 2008, 12:17 AM, said:

View PostDigitalPirate, on Jun 16 2008, 10:01 PM, said:

JackRock took a shot right to the goggles.

Incorrect. The shot that took me out was nearly 90 minutes into the game, and hit me in the vest.

As for how I got home, two BlackLight Company teammates took me home.

As for my unit, we were the first German unit in D-Day history to defend all three beaches in one day. We moved from Sword to Colleville, regrouped and hit Utah. Then, when that fell, we came back to Colleville, and amassed behind Omaha. When the time was right, I launched them at the beachmeat of the 1st and 29th, pushing them back off the beachheads.

Also, I do not know about the Friday mini-scenario, or the the night game, but we did not win the Thursday day game. We missed it, but oh so barely.

Gotta talk to Ghost about that one :wub: He swears he hits you dead in the goggles. :unsure:

#108 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:59 PM

View PostWickedKlown2, on Jun 22 2008, 12:28 AM, said:

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Jun 16 2008, 06:59 PM, said:

Anyways, most of the pranking was stopped after some German...idiots, I'm gonna say idiots because of the filters, decided to cut the safety wires on the Allied comm tower, which could have easily killed someone. We had armed cops on the field after that. A few flags were stolen here and there, but nothing exceptional.

Marauder Pilot,

I would like to set the record straight that the Germans did not cut the saftey wires to the Allied Commo Tower.... The stakes that supported that heavy thing had come loose in the mud after the hard rain that fell all day and were not properly resecured after said rain had fell... The flags might have been borrowed but were folded and returned to their rightful owners early the next morning in a respectful manner... As to other things that were supposedly taken, they were evently found stored in footlockers/icechests inside the Allied TOC to keep them dry during the heavy rains and were forgot about (seeing how when I stopped by earlier that night before the stuff came up missing to have a Adult Beverage with Riskin, half the Allied TOC was already half lit...) until found later that afternoon... So before you go calling anybody "Idiots" or otherwise please make sure all your sources are correct and were part of said incident... I know from first hand at being there when all the finger pointing and accusations went down and how the matters were taken care of by the proper authorities (Game Coordinator and the Field Owner, no Police were involved)...

Thank You,,, and if you would like to take this offline and discuss it futher please PM me....

First, let me say I don't know Wickedklown very well. But what I do know about him is that he is a fair and honorable person, and I'd be pleased to play with or against him in any game. He's the kind of guy who's good for the sport of paintball.

But since I was the one there, let me set the record straight. I was camped within 8' of the Allied TOC and directly below the antenna mast that was tampered with.

The main Allied Commo Tower doesn't have safety wires or guy wires. It's not the one that was tampered with. It's only about 25' tall and set in concrete in the ground. But the Allies did use a mobile tripod mast setup that did have guy wires and those were intentionally tampered with (not cut). Actually over 2 dozen guy wires (actually ropes) were cut or unhooked from their ground stakes. Most were attached to tents and similar structures. The ones they couldn't unhook were cut. Some were intentionally pulled out of the ground. Wheel chalks were pulled from under a trailer and tossed into the woods causing it to roll over on it jacks. Netting was knocked down. Laundry hanging out to dry was dumped onto the ground. Numerous items were stolen that night, including two pairs of boots from within my trailer, a goretex bivy bag, sleeping bag, towels, VHF radios, flags and a vendor's banners. probably close to $1000 worth of item. A team "business card" was left where each item was taken. All items were eventually returned or found. The flag was taken from the main Allied Commo tower, the boots were taken from within my trailer, the vendor banner was taken from the side of one of their tents, the wheel chalks were pulled from the trailer of the 508th PIR, the bivy bag, sleeping bag, etc were taken from the open tent where Wendell and Andy were sleeping. The radios were taken from within the TOC.

But no items were stored in a cooler by the Allies to keep them dry. That's silly and nonsense. Yes items were found in other people's coolers the next day. Those people were camping 100's of feet away. I would have had to been sleep walking and taken my boots and put them in a cooler 5-6 camp sites away. Nor was 1/2 the Allied TOC 1/2 lit. We were in the midst of a late night meeting.

There's no need at this point in mentioning the name of the German team involved. Just as I don't blame all German players, I don't accuse everyone on this team of being a thief or a vandal. But those involved clearly are thief's and vandals. But I do give credit to the team captain coming over to our camp to apologize for the actions of his team mates. I thought that showed class and good character. Stories get twisted around and I know Wickedklown was telling it as best he could, but now you're heard it directly from the person who was there.

The event is great. It's too bad a few individuals screw it up for everyone. Most people there on both sides are fair and honest. It's time to move on. Enough said!

This post has been edited by Risken: 22 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

Steve Risken
2008 Allied Chief of Staff, Supreme Allied Command (COSSAC)
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#109 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hatchet88

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:28 PM

I agree with Risken. For the most part, it seemed that both sides were in pretty good moral shape. I even received reports of both sides shooting wipers on their own team. There are surely some bad eggs, but it's nice to see the majority trying to keep everyone honest.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

^I think I'll just leave it that way. It suits me.

#110 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

well as one of the 101st players, I'll have to defend them by saying...... we did ok until pegasus, lol! then we were ordered to charge a narrow trail and then I started wondering what was going on... I'd like to know who the GJ and spotter are that shot me point blank. I got hit in the elbow and I looked and saw the sniper paint and I was about to nod quietly and leave (sneaky fatherless man!) then his spotter lit me up under the arm pit in the ribs! lol! hurt like hell but dammit I was going out quietly! Also I ran with commonwealth alot during our first take on coleville, when the smoke was popped and thrown over the church that was AMAZING! I helped clear and hold the church and I stayed until I had no ammo left and kept picking up good balls that bounced, lol! Then I went to hold the artillery place near the church. With no ammo and fought to keep them out. I found one paintball and shot a kid with a tac 8 pointblank as he tried to change the flag, then proceeded to barrel tag whom I thought were a couple of GJ's one of them shot at me from less than a foot away and it either missed or bounced! It was sooo awesome, then I got wasted by friendly fire, lol! But I think being runner up for top sniper was amazing in itself, that and barrel tagging a general in broad daylight surrounded by all the Germans in Coleville! So Maurader, if you should decide to diss the 101st anymore, please leave me out of it, LOL!

#111 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:56 PM

View PostDigitalPirate, on Jun 21 2008, 11:56 PM, said:

Gotta talk to Ghost about that one :laugh: He swears he hits you dead in the goggles. :D

Feel free. I was never "gogged" at all the entire day. I WAS, however, hit on the top of my mask's visor. But that was at Colleville at approximately 1430. Well after Sword Beach was taken by the CW.

He MIGHT have been referring to one of my colonels, who was also wearing an ACU mask.

This post has been edited by JackRock: 22 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#112 User is offline   VOZ 

• **GHOST**
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:**GHOST**

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:03 AM

All,

Thanks to Allies and Germans alike for one of the hardest fought D-Day events I have ever experienced. It was full-go from the game-on to game-over. When I left that field, I had absolutely nonthing left, and it was all I could do to get my kit off and collapse at the end of the day, I was so exhausted.

Props in full to JR and his boys at Caen and Sword, and my compliments to the GJs and FJs, who I had the priviledge to encounter on many occasions over the course of the day. We had some trully excellent engagements that were challenging both on the individual skills level, as well as tactically. The German forces I encountered were generally well-led, highly motivated, and very determined.

I also think that the 101st, and in particular the 101st PFs are deserving of recognition. They were operating with us side-by-side from game-on, and conducted themselves brilliantly. I was impressed by how well you operated as a team, and how eager you were to press the offensive. That is precisely the kind of offensive-minded approach we like to see in 1 CAN PARA, and it was a real pleasure to work alongside you guys in AOR South.

In the late morning, 1 CAN PARA advanced out of the woods west of Colleville toward Brecourt Manor and had to assault across a deep ravine defended by a relatively small unit of Germans entrenched on the top of the opposite ridge. Whoever you were, thank you for an extra-ordinary fight. Though we eventually took the ridge, it was tough going, and several of the lads were sent to the dead box long before we reached the top. It was one of my favourite fights of the day. Thanks for a spirited battle.

To JR - if it was not you I gogged at Caen, my apologies. I saw the uniform and the build, saw the target in question giving orders, and rushed forward to make that elimination hoping it was you. Apparently not. Next year. :P

All in all, I thought it was a great week. Our lads played in every mini-scenario, and came out on the winning side in each and every one of them, with the exception of the night game. Our guys did manage to raise all sorts of havoc at the night game, and even infiltrated the German HQ, but in the end it was not enough to carry the day. Congrats to the German players on a well-earned victory.

Now, as to some of the unfortunate back-and-forths I have seen in this thread: all I can say is that I am disappointed, but not surprised. Every year there are complaints on both sides, sometimes justified and real, but most often fabricated or heresay. A couple of points I will raise:

- the odds: the Germans were not out-numbered 4:1 as some have claimed. The official ratio is 5:4 Allied to Germans. This is clearly off-set by the fact that the Germans have fortifications, begin in control of the objectives, and have shorter distances to cover (in theory) when reinforcing their positions.

- the game: was very close. Closer than most care to recognize. If you understand how the points work (each objective is scored on a zero-sum basis) it becomes clear that the final contest of two objectives won the day. There was no "trouncing" of any one unit by any other unit that I could see. The victories at each objective were won through grind, grit, sweat and determination. Both sides earned every point they scored this year.

- problems: sure, there were many. As anyone operating in AOR South can tell you, the Allies had no paint/air/water resupply beyond what they could carry all morning. Re-insertions got fudged or mis-timed for both sides. Refs made questionnable calls. Players on both sides wiped, self re-inserted, and otherwise dishonoured themselves on the field. There are examples of this kind of thing every year. It happens. It is part of the game. You can accept it and play on to the best of your ability, adapt and overcome, or you can whine and groan. I prefer the former.

- unit performance: no one unit under-performed, and no one-unit single-handedly achieved victory for their side. Every unit on the field had good moments, and bad. Both sides have field leadership issues in some places. It is bound to happen. This is paintball - a game. It is a question of preparation, recruiting, training, and devotion. Some groups do this better than others. That is not to detract from the individual efforts of individual players. I saw the people stumbling off the field at the end of the day and had no doubt in my mind that every player there had given it all they had. Sadly, every year, for one side or the other, their best will not be enough - somebody has to win. That is the nature of the game. 2009 is another year.

- game balance: I have heard alot of opinions on this, and I certainly have my own. D-Day is not only a game, it is an industry and a business. That is a reality we all have to accept when we step onto the field. Let the organizers and contributing staff wrangle their hands and argue and debate over this stuff - that is their problem. I came to D-Day to play paintball, and I got some of the best paintball one could hope for all week. I am very proud of the efforts the Allies put forward, and earnestly beleive it would have been difficult to ask for more from the individual player. 'Nuff said.

On a closing note, to the GJs wearing the maroon and gold: if imitation is the highest form of flattery, than I am trully touched. Maybe one day, when you get beyond duplicity and are ready for a stand-up fight, you will come over and try on the real deal and find out what crushing your opponents and dominating your objectives is all about. But be sure to get your registration in quickly - 1 CAN PARA and 9 BRIT PARA were the first units to fill in 2008, and we are already on track to set a new record for 2009.

Once again, thanks to all for a brilliant game. I know I certainly look forward to a re-match next year.

GHOST
1 CAN PARA, 6 AIRBORNE
Commonwealth Expeditionary Force

#113 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:47 AM

View PostPhobeus, on Jun 22 2008, 08:33 PM, said:

well as one of the 101st players, I'll have to defend them by saying...... we did ok until pegasus, lol! then we were ordered to charge a narrow trail and then I started wondering what was going on... I'd like to know who the GJ and spotter are that shot me point blank. I got hit in the elbow and I looked and saw the sniper paint and I was about to nod quietly and leave (sneaky fatherless man!) then his spotter lit me up under the arm pit in the ribs! lol! hurt like hell but dammit I was going out quietly! Also I ran with commonwealth alot during our first take on coleville, when the smoke was popped and thrown over the church that was AMAZING! I helped clear and hold the church and I stayed until I had no ammo left and kept picking up good balls that bounced, lol! Then I went to hold the artillery place near the church. With no ammo and fought to keep them out. I found one paintball and shot a kid with a tac 8 pointblank as he tried to change the flag, then proceeded to barrel tag whom I thought were a couple of GJ's one of them shot at me from less than a foot away and it either missed or bounced! It was sooo awesome, then I got wasted by friendly fire, lol! But I think being runner up for top sniper was amazing in itself, that and barrel tagging a general in broad daylight surrounded by all the Germans in Coleville! So Maurader, if you should decide to diss the 101st anymore, please leave me out of it, LOL!

Where you 327th Glider?

#114 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:14 AM

I was in the 327 Gliders, it was fun when I was running with them, but I'd get shot out and then I'd come back and I couldn't find the flag, lol! Which sucked. I personally loved the way Hotel Company played, we were great fighters! I'm going to try to come back with more from my team and hopefully run with you guys again.

ohh and I'd like to retract my statement about leaving me out of any talk about the 101st I believe we did excellent and if you got any problems about what happened talk to the guys up top in charge.

#115 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hatchet88

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

Phoebus, you're the guy who got Mouth, right? I'm the tall blonde Shadow Ops kid with a pump. Caleb / Hatchet. I remember you.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

^I think I'll just leave it that way. It suits me.

#116 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:44 AM

View PostPhobeus, on Jun 23 2008, 10:14 AM, said:

I was in the 327 Gliders, it was fun when I was running with them, but I'd get shot out and then I'd come back and I couldn't find the flag, lol! Which sucked. I personally loved the way Hotel Company played, we were great fighters! I'm going to try to come back with more from my team and hopefully run with you guys again.

ohh and I'd like to retract my statement about leaving me out of any talk about the 101st I believe we did excellent and if you got any problems about what happened talk to the guys up top in charge.

When you moved down into the ravine beneath Peagasus, did you have a ranger with you at the time?

#117 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

Shepard, I believe I did, was that you?

Hatchet, I remember you now! You've got to tell me more about what you guys did, do you know if they are letting more people into the shadow ops next year?

#118 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:34 PM

View PostPhobeus, on Jun 22 2008, 06:33 PM, said:

So Maurader, if you should decide to diss the 101st anymore, please leave me out of it, LOL!

Hence why I said 'Most'. There were a bunch of 101st and 82nd guys who actually had a pair and got right into it, and I applaud them. I'm just annoyed at the lump of people in the back who did jack-squat.

#119 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

View PostPhobeus, on Jun 23 2008, 06:29 PM, said:

Shepard, I believe I did, was that you?

Hatchet, I remember you now! You've got to tell me more about what you guys did, do you know if they are letting more people into the shadow ops next year?

I am 6'3 or 6'4, and have red hair. I was wearing multicam pants, and had my D-Day t-shirt on, which had a ranger patch and a american Flag on it. I also had a BT static vest a JT flex 8 in sand camo and had a woodland camo patrol cap on. I took 2nd in line after a bit.

#120 User is offline   MOUTH 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

View PostRisken, on Jun 22 2008, 06:59 PM, said:

But since I was the one there, let me set the record straight...

<insert list of grievences and incidents of the night in question here>

There's no need at this point in mentioning the name of the German team involved. Just as I don't blame all German players, I don't accuse everyone on this team of being a thief or a vandal. But those involved clearly are thief's and vandals...

...Stories get twisted around and I know Wickedklown was telling it as best he could, but now you're heard it directly from the person who was there.

"...But since I was the one there, let me set the record straight..."

Setting the record straight... Steve, it's only called "setting the record straight" when you tell the whole story... Setting HALF the record straight doesn't amount to much. So, by all means, let's set the record straight.

As you saw no need in naming names in your effort to set the record straight, neither do I, so I won't either. Moving on...

While some of the fine distinctions Risken points out about the incident above are in question, the overall "flavor" of the over-zealous shennanigans that occured at his campsite is as accurately told as its ever going to be.

But the incident that happened that night was unfortunately NOT the end of the incident.

The sun rose the next morning, and members of the Allied Command awoke to find the disarray and havock left the night before. A senior ranking member of the Allied Command who I will not name was understandably outraged by the incident, but unfortunately lost his cool.

In retaliation, he stormed across the campground and broke into the private camping trailer of the German Command and German TOC. He proceeded to ransack the trailer, doing his own fair share of vandalism and mischief, rifling through people's private belongings, and more or less putting on a bull-in-a-china-shoppe routine to the objections of the occupants of the trailer.

Unfortunately, the un-named Senior Allied Commander was in THE WRONG CAMPSITE... The people staying in that campsite had nothing to do with the incident of the previous night and he was ransacking their belongings in hopes of turning up missing ones of his own. Things got heated between the un-named Senior Allied Commander and the occupants of the trailer.

Several versions of the story exist, but the net result is one of the trailer's rightful occupants came away from the incident with his head gashed open and the un-named Senior Allied Commander was suddenly very apologetic about splitting the camper's melon open.

All the while, while overturning containers, rifling through radios and expensive comm equipment, and causing injury to one of the campsites occupants, the un-named Senior Allied Commander was in the wrong campsite. Unfortunately his temper got the best of him and he made a VERY bad decision.

In the end, he was very fortunate that we were able to convince the injured camper that there was no positive outcome to come from pressing assault charges against this un-named Senior Allied Commander and the incident played itself out in numerous apologies and acts of pennance throughout the week.

Because the injured camper was gracious, the un-named Senior Allied Commander did not have to leave this year's event in handcuffs.

That un-named Senior Allied Commander is my friend. He and I have been friends for many years. As time has gone by, I have watched him become more and more wrapped up in his role at D-Day until it reached the point of teetering on an almost unhealthy obsession rather than a fun hobby.

From the beginning of the week, it was sad to see that he was already wound up tighter than a clock-spring and wasn't all that shocking to hear he'd blown his top and ransacked our TOC, injuring one of our comm officers in the process.

In that spirit, I hope he understands why he can expect most of us in the German Command, and likely many of his fellows Senior Commanders in the Allied Command to make a formal call for his resignation from any Command Duties at D-Day.

The best thing in the world that could happen for this un-named Senior Allied Commander is for him to lay down his stars and go back to being a player like he used to be when this was still fun for him.

If that un-named Senior Allied Commander reads this and is outraged and does not agree with me, I'd like him to remember one thing:

It is my understanding that when he burst into the German TOC on his wrecking spree which culminated in the injury of one of our comm officers... Our Chief of Staff's TEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTER was present for the entire incident... trying to sleep in her bunk in the TOC. It was her first trip to D-Day.

When the time comes that you blow your stack and go on a rampage in front of a ten-year-old little girl at this event, then the time has come for you to decompress and find a role in this event that is less aggravating and unhealthy for your temperament.

I hope this Allied Commander, my friend, does just that. He can expect a lot of us on both sides of this game will be calling for him to do so.

Sincerely,

Clay "MOUTH" Sanger

This post has been edited by MOUTH: 24 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

Oberführer Clay "MOUTH" Sanger
OKDDAY German Army
Grenadier, Jagverbande Normandie - German 709th Infanterie Division, Utah Beach

www.ddayadventurepark.com
www.axiscommand.org
EMAIL MOUTH - CLICK HERE

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +