• You cannot reply to this topic

ghost flanker questions not a new role just got some gear 'Q' Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:125blackfire

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

i have been wanting too buy some speedball gear as in new marker which includes hpa tank, hpa tank cover, and a new hopper because i only have a large luggy Tippmann 98 custom and a not so good spyder xtra. i can not rely on either because they are ancient.
instead of buying speedball gear i could buy paint ball gear that would most fit the role of a ghost flanker. i know some people do not know what a ghost flanker is so ill try and break it down, because it is not a real role.

:here: GHOST=stealthy, unnoticed person.
:here: FLANKER=someone who flanks around too get in a good position.
:here: GHOST FLANKER= someone flanking with low profile equipment (stealthy camouflage ghillie equipment) too get too a position where they need.

so if i where too instead of getting speedball gear/equipment i could get woodsball ghost flanker equipment. now my questions! what type of marker can you use as a ghost flanker? if someone has any knowledge of this so called ghostly ghost flanker role then ma-by JUST MABY you could kindly share some knowledge. my second question is can the ghost flanker gear/equipment be used is speedball? or is it STRICTLY woodsball, as in are they small markers that can be used or are you using a Tippmann 98C with a stock and 21in barrel :D no just playing i use apex with my Tippmann 98C and car stock. but is it possible a invert mini could fit that role good? but it looks like a ion with ion longbow upgrade could be good because it has no hopper which gives it a lower profile.

-where i got this information I HAVE NO IDEA its like I'm just now remembering stuff out of a coma or something its very foggy i know i got this information off of the forums because i learned everything i know about paint ball from these paint ball elders people call forum members.-
The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!
http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homev3

#2 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:22 PM

View Post125blackfire, on Jun 15 2008, 09:40 PM, said:

i have been wanting too buy some speedball gear as in new marker which includes hpa tank, hpa tank cover, and a new hopper because i only have a large luggy Tippmann 98 custom and a not so good spyder xtra. i can not rely on either because they are ancient.
instead of buying speedball gear i could buy paint ball gear that would most fit the role of a ghost flanker. i know some people do not know what a ghost flanker is so ill try and break it down, because it is not a real role.

:here: GHOST FLANKER= someone flanking with low profile equipment (stealthy camouflage ghillie equipment) too get too a position where they need.

so if i where too instead of getting speedball gear/equipment i could get woodsball ghost flanker equipment. now my questions! what type of marker can you use as a ghost flanker? if someone has any knowledge of this so called ghostly ghost flanker role then ma-by JUST MABY you could kindly share some knowledge. my second question is can the ghost flanker gear/equipment be used is speedball? or is it STRICTLY woodsball, as in are they small markers that can be used or are you using a Tippmann 98C with a stock and 21in barrel :P no just playing i use apex with my Tippmann 98C and car stock. but is it possible a invert mini could fit that role good? but it looks like a ion with ion longbow upgrade could be good because it has no hopper which gives it a lower profile.

-where i got this information I HAVE NO IDEA its like I'm just now remembering stuff out of a coma or something its very foggy i know i got this information off of the forums because i learned everything i know about paint ball from these paint ball elders people call forum members.-

anybody in this part of the forums, knows what a Ghost Flanker is. There's tons around here to read about what's right for what, and many comments about it not mattering what you use for how you play etc. etc.

I think what you're looking for is some suggestions/recommendations on what to use. It's really not that complicated.
Get a marker you can afford and one that you've done some research on, so you know you're money is well spent.

invert mini's are nice markers. just read up on them, so you know what you're getting into.

I use a AGD Tac One (absolutely enjoy this marker), Blackcell ION, Olive Tac Cocker, AKA Excal

I'm sure Dye Matrix are good markers for flankers too! I've used a few DM's and think they shoot great and are pretty quiet. Why I mentioned them, you can find used ones on ebay pretty often. Olive - dust black DM's are out there and good for stealthier style play.

Using a the typical marker set up with a hopper on top keeps things versatile. That way your marker is set up for sneaking around in the woods, or playing on an air-ball field.

Camouflage is an advantage when it comes to being sneaky. It's your choice on if you want to wear it playing speedball too. A lot of players are sneaky in "speedball" type gear. What ever works for you...
You don't necessarily need a ghillie to be sneaky or a "Flanker". I honestly recommend playing in comfortable clothing (I prefer camouflage) for awhile, get good at flanking, moving, shooting etc. THEN decide if a ghillie will enhance your style of play and benefit you on the field. I'm able to do all kinds of things w/o the use of a ghillie suit.

#3 User is offline   Anubis9k 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Anubis9k

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:08 AM

I'd say if you wanna be a ghost flanker than something lightweight but fires fast so maybe a x7! thats if you want to be able to do woodsball and speedball. now just for woodsball I'd suggest the ion longbow or w/e it is. equipment goes also only as far as your willing to carry. camo uniform, extra paint, aim capability (no iron sights), ect... now if you wanna get decked out you can have the neck communicator, ghille suit, grenades, m203 launcher (noob tube((for all you COD4 fans))), 4x scope with red dot, pistol, bipod, e-trigger, ect. stealth is not (in my terms) determined by how much equipment you carry. for instance ,i got a big butt gun thats painted red tiger with a mask thats red tiger... i think i can be found easy but i don't. i think its determined on your own skills honestly. if your prone crawling in tall grass chances are you wont be found.

#4 User is offline   Rattlesnake 

• Klapperschlange
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:{[D4]}The Rattlesnake

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:14 AM

dont get an electro pnuematic...as much as i loved my ION...my bone stock MR1 is still my favorite...the only thing ive done to it is cut off the top leg of the stock, and put a "suppressor" made of PVC and Pipe Insulation over the barrel, which makes it a bit quieter because the insulation soakes up the gas noise exactly like a CF barrel does...

and if you want to take it into speedball, spend an extra 75 clams, and throw the walking trigger on it...if your doing any form of "sniping" you shouldnt have to worry about a big hopper...i can go to wally world, and pick up a white T, and a pair of khaki slacks, and hide better than you, given that i dont move...so as long as you keep your movement to a minimum once your in position, youll be alright on that note

dont even worry about buyin a new barrel for that thing either the stock one does just fine...with the stock barrel, and my modded stock, i can snap shoot, on the fly, and while sprinting, and hit a guy 3 outta 5 time in the goggs (I count all my shots, where they hit, if they broke, how far away, and last chrono speed...so yes, i knnow that statistic for a fact)

just get an MR1...they are a bit loud, but it takes a couple shots for the OpFor to get a basic location, and then its all about reading their body language from there...no matter how loud, or quite the marker is

#5 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:53 AM

View PostExplosive, on Jun 15 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

View Post125blackfire, on Jun 15 2008, 09:40 PM, said:

so if i where too instead of getting speedball gear/equipment i could get woodsball ghost flanker equipment. now my questions! what type of marker can you use as a ghost flanker? if someone has any knowledge of this so called ghostly ghost flanker role then ma-by JUST MABY you could kindly share some knowledge. my second question is can the ghost flanker gear/equipment be used is speedball? or is it STRICTLY woodsball, as in are they small markers that can be used or are you using a Tippmann 98C with a stock and 21in barrel :) no just playing i use apex with my Tippmann 98C and car stock. but is it possible a invert mini could fit that role good? but it looks like a ion with ion longbow upgrade could be good because it has no hopper which gives it a lower profile.

anybody in this part of the forums, knows what a Ghost Flanker is. There's tons around here to read about what's right for what, and many comments about it not mattering what you use for how you play etc. etc.

I think what you're looking for is some suggestions/recommendations on what to use. It's really not that complicated.
Get a marker you can afford and one that you've done some research on, so you know you're money is well spent.

invert mini's are nice markers. just read up on them, so you know what you're getting into.

I use a AGD Tac One (absolutely enjoy this marker), Blackcell ION, Olive Tac Cocker, AKA Excal

I'm sure Dye Matrix are good markers for flankers too! I've used a few DM's and think they shoot great and are pretty quiet. Why I mentioned them, you can find used ones on ebay pretty often. Olive - dust black DM's are out there and good for stealthier style play.

Using a the typical marker set up with a hopper on top keeps things versatile. That way your marker is set up for sneaking around in the woods, or playing on an air-ball field.

Camouflage is an advantage when it comes to being sneaky. It's your choice on if you want to wear it playing speedball too. A lot of players are sneaky in "speedball" type gear. What ever works for you...
You don't necessarily need a ghillie to be sneaky or a "Flanker". I honestly recommend playing in comfortable clothing (I prefer camouflage) for awhile, get good at flanking, moving, shooting etc. THEN decide if a ghillie will enhance your style of play and benefit you on the field. I'm able to do all kinds of things w/o the use of a ghillie suit.

dont worry (it sounded like you where bashing me a bit) i dont use ghillie at all i think its too much of a hassle, I'm big on woodsball i know a whole lot about being sneaky and stuff. i just learned about ghost flanker less then a week ago. I'm not big on flanking because my woodsball gear is pretty heavy. i dont know much about flanking (the equipment is used but sure enough i know how too flank) you need light camo gear with a quite marker? if I'm wrong correct me you can use just about any speedball marker while ghost flanking you just want it too be quite and accurate.
The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!

#6 User is offline   Infamous_51 

• official rock and roll clown
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:48 PM

id say just go with your mini...its light compact and if you get the flank and theres a lot of guys well you can blot out the sun with your gun so woot...or get the nifty TM-7 when it comes out, its a milsim mini

(Go sig yourself) Maybe I will...Maybe I will..........-Epic_fail

#7 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

View Post125blackfire, on Jun 16 2008, 01:53 PM, said:

dont worry (it sounded like you where bashing me a bit) i dont use ghillie at all i think its too much of a hassle, I'm big on woodsball i know a whole lot about being sneaky and stuff. i just learned about ghost flanker less then a week ago. I'm not big on flanking because my woodsball gear is pretty heavy. i dont know much about flanking (the equipment is used but sure enough i know how too flank) you need light camo gear with a quite marker? if I'm wrong correct me you can use just about any speedball marker while ghost flanking you just want it too be quite and accurate.

bashing you? what? :) wasn't my intention to come across like that... :)
I was just passing on that there's useful knowledge in these forums. Research, read up on it...learn. Why the forums are here! enjoy them!

If you're really into "looking" the part, then go out and get gear that looks the role. Mil-sim markers etc.

I prefer a quiet marker over a loud one. I researched, read reviews on the markers that are out there and then buy what I think is best suited for me.
I enjoy the crap out of my Tac One and up'd Blackcell'd ION!!! both are quiet, both are accurate, both have a totally different feel to them.
think about what mods you'd have to get for a marker in order to enjoy it more. That way you consider all the cost involved. Sometimes a $200 marker
isn't cheaper than a $400 marker if you get my point. Nothing on my ION is stock except the trigger frame, but I enjoyed buying ups for it! When all is said
and done, I spent too much on an ION.

for years, I have used an electro in the woods. At the SE SPPL qualifier last year I used a DM6 and during one round it began to rain. I'm talking rain...
that marker blazed right through all the conditions and worked flawlessly through out the rest of the tourny. Electro's are great, but come with some drawbacks.
more to replace on them usually, and the need for batteries. From what I've seen shooting, E2 Cockers, DM's, IONs, Impulses, Shockers, Vikings, Excals, Emags, Cyborgs, Egripped A5's, etc
in many different scenario games over many years, I have never had an issue with weather or conditions effecting or messing up an electro marker performance.

For flanking, yes I would recommend a good shooting, quiet and accurate marker for the task. A lot of times you're alone back there behind the opposition and at times, easily outnumbered.
Having firepower comes in handy.

check out:
Dangerous Power's marker line up. I hear good things about them.
Proto Matrix's
older DM's on ebay...though DM4's-5's weigh a bit more than the newer DM's.
IONs
Mini
that new SP1
X-7's
and one of my favorites: AGD Tac One with ULE trigger kit.

read up on those...get out to a field and see if anybody is shooting something that catches your eye. See if it shoots good, talk to the owner about their experience with that marker.

Hard to tell you to just go out and buy marker A, because it's "perfect" for Ghost Flanking. What works for me, may not work for you.

with camo, most think of ghillie when it comes to ghost flanking. That's why I mentioned it.
as for wearing a white shirt and tan slacks...well, flanking is a maneuver which means moving.
I'd wear camo for that... ;)

#8 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

I think this position (like most) can accomodate ANY marker if used properly. You could use a pump, or a DM8. It doesn't matter. I'd suggest picking up a marker you like for its attributes, like weight, accuracy, efficiency, look, and price tag. Don't worry about the marker fitting a position
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#9 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

I'm thinking about the mini but i dont know how it fits never used one and i dont want too buy it then have too return it or something like that because i dont like the feel. i like the ions but there just too common dont get me wrong they are wicked if you have upgraded it. i like the look of ego's but there just so pricey :P if i ever had an ego i dont know what id do :)

i think ill either go with invert if i find i like the feel, an ion (with longbow upgrade), or the dangerous power line any of them would be fine i took a quick peek while typing this and i like the looks of there markers and no doubt there good.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users