Special Ops Paintball: CPX SPORTS 2-DAY SCENARIO GAME HONORS "LIVING LEGENDS" OF PA - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CPX SPORTS 2-DAY SCENARIO GAME HONORS "LIVING LEGENDS" OF PA Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Spartan03 

• Chicago Heretics
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Spartan03

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

As part of the DXS command staff for this game, I can tell you that we have no intention of being rolled by SP at this game. The other XO's don't want it, Craig doesn't want it, and none of the teams on DXS Recon want it. Rest assured, we will fight with everything we've got.

*Sitting at work, trying to delude myself that I am being productive today*

#32 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

hew guys, great game, well fought by everyone

i wont be walking right for a week my legs are so tired :)

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#33 User is offline   foster 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:39 AM

MN's own "Stapes" of Damage Inc. knifed Craig Palmer and two of his crew!
Hazaa! to team Smart Parts.

Some may say that SP wrecks the game with its product, but that Draxxus paint may bring 60 cal back!

My hand decided that the time was nigh
And for a moment it slipped from view
When it returned, it fairly burned with
Confidence anew… -N.C.

#34 User is offline   Montydoom 

• Elite HAMMER
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Montydoom

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:15 AM

That was a Great game!

I have a great photo of your team Chibbs send me a message with an email and I'll get you a copy.
Play Hard & Pray Harder
Do not run away; let go. Do not seek, for it will come when least expected. For I am there. Yes you are mine!
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

#35 User is offline   Bad Karma Six 

• [ELITE] Commander
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BAD KARMA SIX

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:15 PM

I had an incredible time!!!!

Thanks to all for making this event possible. Most of the fun was hanging with all the people!!! Can't wait for next year!!!
Team Commander, Bad Karma Paintball Team

[ Facebook | Twitter ]

#36 User is offline   sup909 

• DynamicInterplay.com
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sup

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:42 PM

Anyone else actually slightly disappointed? Personally I didn't care for the rule structure with the 20 minute insertions and the underhand grenade throws only. Really, underhand?

With the 20 minute insertions there was too much of a up and down in the game. There was a mad rush, then a down time when only a few guys were left on the field. Another made rush and then dead again.

The game was also fairly unbalanced Saturday night and most of Sunday as it seemed most of the Blue team's pro teams left or something. I was on the Russian side and we pretty much walked all over Blue the entire match.

#37 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:57 PM

huh, huh and what?????

i have the rules right in front of me as, the ones given to every player in their player pack and have played several viper games in the past, he has NEVER had underhand grenade throws, i think your thinking of larger smoke grenades they wanted you to throw underhand during the dinner/final battles as to avoid injury in the dense area during the final battles

up and down is good for game play, would you rather have a game thats always deadlocked in the center? although i dont think the 20 min insertions have ever limited game play at a viper game, including this game

saturday night i was on the field the whole time and it only got unbalanced in the last half hour or so, for most of the night it was pretty much dead locked which was really annoying because it was deadlocked right next to where our 1st mission was

as for sunday, it did seem like we did manage to own a good part of the field most the time and dominate but the blues still managed to give a good fight, whether it was less blue players or just a the red being more determined, the blue managed to hold bedlam and apocalypse for most of sunday and at the end of sunday pushed to our base and almost sacked it before it ended

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#38 User is offline   Spartan03 

• Chicago Heretics
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:24 AM

We have no one to blame for the low Saturday night turnout but ourselves. There is only one person that can make a player play at night...that player. Believe me, I hate playing at night, always have, but night play is part of the scenario game, so I go. There are some teams that are very will known for playing at night (Ground Control, Hellions, Heretics) and they were all out there. There are some teams that are known for not playing at night (Blue's Crew, Chi-Town Hustlers). The walk-ons are a big question mark. Ground Control got frusterated because they would complete a mission and there wouldn't be any refs around to mark it. They'd have to walk all the way back to HQ to get it marked, but I assume that both sides had that same problem. Night play has its strenghts, though. I ran a mission to blow up a tower in Armageddon, and on my way I ran into about 10 guys from Delta, as well a few other guys from Red. I just acted like I belonged there, we exchanged pleasantries, etc, and I settled down into a kneeling position about 10 feet behind them as they all huddled in a tight group to discuss tactics. For 5 agonizing minutes I debated with myself whether I walk up beind them and barrel tag as many as I could, or just shoot as many as I could from where I was, or what...but I was on a mission, and that is worth points, so I creeped back, barrel tagged a few guys on my way to the back of Armageddon, got shot at by some guys on the ridge (I shouted "hey hey there" and they assumed I was with them) walked up to the tower at the back of Armageddon, walked up to the two guys in the tower, dropped my satchel charge and said "boom". They both stared at me like I was from Mars, so I was like "Sheesh, ok, barrel tag, your dead, barrel tag, your dead". Only then did they look at my arm tape. Then I gogged the guy in the tower across from me. To top it off, I asked the guys I just shot to help me find a ref, which, to their credit, they did. Nice guys.

As far as 20 minute insertion windows, don't get shot out :rolleyes: Frankly, I was always worried that they would assault the base right in front of us while we waited to go back in. They came clone once or twice.

#39 User is offline   Spartan03 

• Chicago Heretics
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

View PostChibbs, on Apr 8 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

as for sunday, it did seem like we did manage to own a good part of the field most the time and dominate but the blues still managed to give a good fight, whether it was less blue players or just a the red being more determined, the blue managed to hold bedlam and apocalypse for most of sunday and at the end of sunday pushed to our base and almost sacked it before it ended

Thats weird, I felt like Blue held most of the territory on Sunday. haha.

#40 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:39 AM

Yeah but I kind of thought that after afew hours on Saturday the rest of the game was a giant wave, no territory being solidly held for more then an hour since Sunday I'd insert fight through 1 area then an hour later come back and fight the area next to that. As far as 20 minutes, that's 5 more minutes then what I'm used to but it's not a big thing since it's 5 minutes, frankly I never spent more then 10 minutes in a hospital, then again I was walking.

My only real gripe is that the game may have been too early in the year, CPX is a great woods ball field but without any foliage, its a pain in the butt to get cover but no one could help that really, was still cool though, gave a feel that the actual video game has, dead Russian winters, frankly I had a blast and can't wait for more.

This post has been edited by Steed: 10 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

#41 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:42 AM

View PostSpartan03, on Apr 10 2008, 09:27 AM, said:

View PostChibbs, on Apr 8 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

Thats weird, I felt like Blue held most of the territory on Sunday. haha.

LOL...I felt the same way. It must all be a matter of perception. I felt like we were able to do what we wanted when we wanted. Go figure.

#42 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:52 AM

MOATI got it... I just wish I would've been able to find that Nuclear Core, so we could've sold it to Sean and given him Radiation Sickness.

#43 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:02 AM

The worst part of the weekend for me...the 38 hour trip home! Alaska ans American Airlines kept canceling flights and I sat in O'Hare for 27 hours waiting to get on a plane. Man that blows.

As for the game...YEEHA! I had fun! Only saw a couple guys loose their mind and start yelling about things they did not understand or thought they undertood.
I would say that the good attitudes would be attributed to the constant eb and flow of the game. The players felt they were making ground and losing ground without being overwhelmed so it kept us happy most of the time. The sign of a good game is hapy players....and I for one was a very happy player.

I would have loved to play the night game but due to a lack of sleep I simply could not justify the possibility of hurting myself...so I skipped out. As it was I only had 11 hours of sleep from Friday to Tuesday...I need to stop doing that to myself...but there were just to many good things to do! Like a paintballers Disneyland...sigh.

#44 User is offline   Bad Karma Six 

• [ELITE] Commander
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BAD KARMA SIX

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

View PostChibbs, on Apr 8 2008, 08:57 PM, said:

...and at the end of sunday pushed to our base and almost sacked it before it ended

It was sacked.... Thanks to Krazy 8 and I... and a couple other guys!!! :laugh:
Team Commander, Bad Karma Paintball Team

[ Facebook | Twitter ]

#45 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

yeah i kept hearing over the radio they needed help, i had just finished filling my pods for the final battle and was getting ready to get air when they kept calling, i had enough confidence in our missions we had completed that we didnt really NEED what was left in our base so i didnt bother to rush out and saved my paint to keep you guys from the push sticks in the final battle

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users