Special Ops Paintball: a5 internals, whats best for speed? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

a5 internals, whats best for speed? more speed, not sacrificeing reliability Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Zing

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:22 PM

i got e-grip with w.a.s. equalizer board. the board can fire 30 bps. but with stock internals, the a5 can't.
i want only the best, so i turn to the best, i want to completly replace everything, i had no origanal plan to do this, the e-grip i bought was simple with max fire rate of 17 bps, whicth the gun can handle fine, but after being sent away for a repair, they just replaced it and it came back with this new board, for free.
anyway, i dont want to wast it, so i want to upgrade everything. any sugestions?

P.S. money is no limit

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:38 PM

1. Squishy paddles to reduce vibration in the cyclone.
2. Double trigger.
3. Tech T rear bolt.

Power tube won't help. Some say new front bolt is easier on the balls and some disagree.

I once had a done up A5 that would chop 24+ bps.

#3 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

you're probably looking at upgrading your cyclone, lapco and tech t have reputable kits.

then you might look at a banjo with 1/8" hoses...possibly. i've heard of guys doing this, don't know if it works though.

polished internals and palmer's stabilizer to keep your marker from freezing.

that's all i can think of right now...if money's no issue for you.
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#4 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

i got the squishy paddles
double trigger is not nessasary for full auto
tec-T bolt, eh... i'll look into it

chopping balls isn't really the issue, the gun just doesnt cycle fast enough.
i want a Jet red hot power tube, it is lighter made of aircraft aluminum so it should help. but it dosnt make the gun go faster, just alows it to.
is there any other power tubes that are recomended?

#5 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

thanks, i'll go check out tech t stuff now, same with the palmer's stabilizer

#6 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

An upgraded powertube will not really do anything for performance. Unless your powertube is cracked, then there is really no reason to replace it. Polishing your internals will help a little.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#7 User is offline   Jordy7 

• Desert Edge
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jordy7

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

I money is no limit then this is what I would recommend. :ghillie:

But really I would say the techt zero kick hammer, a guy on my team put them in his double trouble and it made a huge difference

#8 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

View PostJordy7, on Sep 15 2009, 08:18 PM, said:

I money is no limit then this is what I would recommend. :ghillie:

Ha! QFT... why bother w/ upgrading an A-5?

Seriously -
The lighter rear hammer, polished internals & cyclone upgrades are the only things that'll make a difference. Power tube, front bolt & stabilizer won't. As said, the only reason to replace the power tube & front bolt is if there is a problem w/ them, other than that, keep them stock. The Palmer stab won't help it shoot faster, although it's great to use w/ CO2 for the sake of consistency. But, if you are using CO2 on that setup, you won't get to 20 bps... well maybe, but the balls will be flying at 100 fps in a cloud of snow... okay maybe not, but close.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#9 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:46 PM

View PostJordy7, on Sep 15 2009, 07:18 PM, said:

I money is no limit then this is what I would recommend. :P

But really I would say the techt zero kick hammer, a guy on my team put them in his double trouble and it made a huge difference

Actually, you'd be better off with an Ego9 or the new Dye NT. Eclipse actually lowered the max bps on the Ego10.

#10 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:28 AM

I don't want a new gun.
i want to know what are the best upgrades FOR my A5.
why would i buy a new gun just to shoot more bps when the one i got shoots more than what i origanaly intended? i didn't even buy this e-grip. i just don't want to waste it.
this is my gun... holds 950 paintballs on it, mk48 saw shroud and ammo box, G36 folding stock, and side grip, soon a havok gernade luancher atacthment.
i love this gun, feels great, i play milsim i guess you could say. so although i agree that if i wanted to spit out the paint like theres no tomorrow any of those guns would be great, so thanks anyway.
P.S. i do love the Ego9, a buddy has one and it kicks @$$!

Attached File(s)

#11 User is offline   TheEnd 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:02 PM

View PostZing, on Oct 7 2009, 09:28 AM, said:

I don't want a new gun.
i want to know what are the best upgrades FOR my A5.
why would i buy a new gun just to shoot more bps when the one i got shoots more than what i origanaly intended? i didn't even buy this e-grip. i just don't want to waste it.
this is my gun... holds 950 paintballs on it, mk48 saw shroud and ammo box, G36 folding stock, and side grip, soon a havok gernade luancher atacthment.
i love this gun, feels great, i play milsim i guess you could say. so although i agree that if i wanted to spit out the paint like theres no tomorrow any of those guns would be great, so thanks anyway.
P.S. i do love the Ego9, a buddy has one and it kicks @$$!

Good lord that thing is massive. How much does it weigh when it's all loaded up?
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#12 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:22 AM

View PostZing, on Sep 15 2009, 04:55 PM, said:

double trigger is not nessasary for full auto

chopping balls isn't really the issue, the gun just doesnt cycle fast enough.

Full auto is illegal at any field you'd play at. So i'd invest in a double trigger and learn how to properly "walk" the trigger so you can get as high BPS as possible in semi. No field will allow FA, few allow ramping, very few. Full auto is so cheap it isn't even funny, just a total waste of paint and shows ZERO skill. Whereas properly walking the trigger in semi shows true skill.

And chopping will most definitely be an issue at high BPS on an A5. Trust me. I had a cyclone, i know how crappy they can perform.

The marker can easily cycle up to 20+ bps fine stock...it is just super heavy and will be jumping all over the place and impossible to aim right. The reason yours won't is either because the cyclone isn't keeping up or your regulator sucks and it can't keep up. Unless you are using CO2, in which case, you won't hit yuour 30 BPS goal with Co2, it will freeze up long before then.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#13 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:11 AM

View PostLegato, on Oct 8 2009, 06:22 AM, said:

Full auto is illegal at any field you'd play at... No field will allow FA, few allow ramping, very few.
Two things: First, the field I play at allows all modes of fire. Second, he could be playing outlaw. Regardless, Leg brings up a good point - make sure whatever field(s) you play at allow full-auto.

Full auto is so cheap it isn't even funny, just a total waste of paint and shows ZERO skill. Whereas properly walking the trigger in semi shows true skill.
We have a slightly different opinion here. As stated I play at a field that is full-auto, players can rip their EGO's as fast as their hoppers can keep up. Everyone that plays there understands the rules so there isn't much issue. As for full auto requiring ZERO skill & being a waste of paint... yeah, so? :rolleyes: I happen to agree but some players who may be "getting up in years" have fingers that don't operate the way they used to. Being able to keep up w/ younger guys & their fast fingers is a plus. While I usually only run mine in response mode (ball fired for each pull & release of trigger) for big games w/ lots of players -- every cold weather game or open play days I run it in semi.

And chopping will most definitely be an issue at high BPS on an A5. Trust me. I had a cyclone, i know how crappy they can perform.
Yeah this could certainly be an issue. I've never measured the bps on my A5, but I do fling some serious paint & have only had a couple breaks in the cyclone (one w/ squishies, one w/out) after countless cases of paint. Some cyclones are touchy when it comes to a higher rof & some aren't - don't be surprised either way w/ how yours handles it.

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#14 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

new gun ftw
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#15 User is offline   TheEnd 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

Agreed. You are just going to get bored, and or tired of lugging around that monster, and eventually you will want to upgrade to a higher performing marker. At least most people do.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users