Special Ops Paintball: Equipment, equipment... - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Equipment, equipment... What equipment should a newbie who wants to be a heavy rifleman get? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   kriegblitzer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:kriegblitzer

Post icon  Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:36 PM

:D Ok so I'm a new guy of course to paintball just joined the Brigade and started playing a few monts ago and I was wondering: What gear and and upgrades should a wannabe heavy riflemen have, such as barrells, vests, ect.?

I already have an A-5 basic, 24 oz. tank, a flatline barrel, and a 4+1 belt (only got two pods for it though). I'm not sure what to get next, and I wanna hear from the experts. Also, I can't afford anything paticuarily expensive, so please don't suggest anything too costly.

Thanks!!!
If practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, why practice?

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

Do not limit yourself to a single position. Play and have fun. Unless you are on an organized team a position isn't really needed and only describes a STYLE of play.

If you enjoy the idea of heavy rifleman you've got all you need right now. Buy a few more pods, maybe look into a vest and remote line.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   kriegblitzer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:50 PM

Well I know I'm not limiting myself I just like the idea of a heavy rifleman beacuae I'm not that good a shot, I always end up using alot of paint, and I'm good at lugging around alot of equipment. But please, be specific. Are there any paticular products you think I should try?

#4 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:58 PM

A Large hopper and as Puz said a remote line.
Use smaller paint for the flatline, it takes the backspin nicely.
Posted Image

37sps.com

#5 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

Buy an E-grip is the first thing that comes to mind.

#6 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

i hear a lot of people like squishy paddles if u shoot a lot a havnt used them myself but plan on getting some soon also a vest would definetley help in my opinion anyway, u mght wanna check out the broad sword 6 vest i think its still only like 40 bucks.
u might wanna get an air tank it works better when you shoot at higher rates i payed 200 for a 45/88 but u can get em cheaper at some places
the bigger hopper and remoteline is a good idea
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#7 User is offline   badger nine 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

I would suggest getting the TECHT squishy paddles for the cyclone feed, a remote line, and a vest to cary all the paint your going to need. I'd like to suggest the RAP4 tac-10 vest, which holds ten pods, but I have not had any experince with it, so I would suggest reading some of the reviews on the tac--ten vest. Another upgrade you'd like would be the response trigger, which use's all the leftover CO2 to increase the firing speed, allowing you to get the BPS up to about 15 if my memory is correct.

#8 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kl0wn

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:31 AM

View Postkriegblitzer, on May 22 2009, 06:36 PM, said:

I already have an A-5 basic, 24 oz. tank, a flatline barrel, and a 4+1 belt (only got two pods for it though). I'm not sure what to get next, and I wanna hear from the experts. Also, I can't afford anything paticuarily expensive, so please don't suggest anything too costly.

1) You should get a paintball mask. :(

2) Invest in experience.
You say you use a lot of paint and aren't very accurate - you could fix that by practicing/playing more. If you spend all your money on a bunch of fancy gear, you'll just end up looking pretty, being broke and sucking at paintball.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:34 AM

If you're still new, I would suggest you play a few more months and see what style of play you settle into before investing in anything specific to a "position". Look at the gear people you play with now who have a similar style of play to yours, then model your basic setup after theirs, and make a few adjustments here and there that suit your unique playing style. Regardless of what position you play, a quality mask is a solid and necessary investment.

When you are ready to start building your setup, try and acquire gear that serves multiple purposes, as this cuts down your expenses, as well as the weight of your load-out. For example, a sniper veil can be used for quick camouflage, a towel, a bug net, warmth or protection around your neck, or even shade from the sun. The new modular vest systems (MOLLE variants) are great for players who like to change their playing style or role frequently, and you can build it up and acquire more pouches as you go along, or strip it down later as your situation dictates.

Others have said it as well, but as a new player you really should focus on having fun. As many of us here have, I started out with rental markers, and played that way for many games before I decided I played enough to invest in my own gear.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   kriegblitzer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

What I meant to say was that I got my gun several months ago. I have been playing for a few years, but just with rentals :D
Oh, and I already have a piantball mask. Forgot to say that.

This post has been edited by kriegblitzer: 23 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

#11 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

:comp: Ok so I'm a new guy of course to paintball just joined the Brigade and started playing a few monts ago and I was wondering: What gear and and upgrades should a wannabe heavy riflemen have, such as barrells, vests, ect.?

Thanks!!!

View Postkriegblitzer, on May 23 2009, 01:51 PM, said:

What I meant to say was that I got my gun several months ago. I have been playing for a few years, but just with rentals :D
Oh, and I already have a piantball mask. Forgot to say that.

Advice would be more useful if you got your story straight... ;)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   kriegblitzer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

Sorry the morning I made this topic I hadn't had my coffee yet so I couldn't think straight.
Apologies. :(

#13 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

get a nicer mask.. thats all you need
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

Investing in a decent barrel kit wouldn't be a bad idea either. I recommend a J&J Ceramic. Cheap and amazingly effective for their price.

#15 User is offline   kriegblitzer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:59 PM

View Postchinstrap, on May 23 2009, 09:31 AM, said:

1) You should get a paintball mask. :dry:

I already have a $70 JT Flex 8 mask its really good never fogs up.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users