#31 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:37 PM

View PostThalion, on 16 November 2010 - 09:35 PM, said:

View PostIrishMack, on 16 November 2010 - 06:33 PM, said:

I would say that if you let your respawn get compromised it should be fair game to camp on it.

Exactly. And even in that reinsertion point, there are still techniques that can be employed depending on the rules and terrain to allow you to work against the camping crowd. My home field often does 2-minute constant insertions every 15 minutes, so for 2 minutes I can get hit, run back and tag in, and come out as much as I want. Given 20 guys (or more) doing this, we can easily clear out the ten or so campers by constantly tagging in, getting back out and firing til hit, repeat. Lot of welts, but we get rid of them, and then we can go about our business on the field.

Reminds me of the "Blackhawk Down" game at my field - had to capture and hold a helicopter by keeping at at least one man in - 1 pt per minute.

We had high ground first, figured we had the advantage and would roll over them...but we had to move through a bunch of trees and they had a 10 ft wide path...right beside the heli. I also found out, to my chagrin, that they had put netting over the shooting holes in the helicopter ... so try as I might, my pump sharpshooting was to no avail - even the side openings had netting (though refs moved it out of the way after 15 min, thank god).

I led waaay too many charges considering I was pump and they'd just spray at you through bush when you tried to go around the 30 ft path of trees to get a clear shot ... on the upside, a grenade on the side of the heli killed everyone inside. On the downside, there were 5 rental kids hiding right beside it with me who didn't tell me they had 2 each until 45 min in...

When we got to start on the low side however, it was a massacre to a comeback ... we came back from being down 48 pts (with 1 hr rounds) to win by 3. 3. Oh, and there were 5 pts for touches/captures...we had a guy heroically running around with only a plastic katana taking people.

But, we found out that the path by the helicopter was so easily reachable, literally 60 people on our team just sat there waiting for them to hit the helicopter with a grenade so they could hop back in...most hilarious thing was me walking up going why is everyone here, only for some tard to pop out of a bush 40 ft a way and shoot me in the side of the head, and get a bounce....

Now, me and another stock class Phantom owner had creeped to 20 ft closer than that fellow's very spot...and we never fired our shots. There were simply too many people to even try - we'd have gotten mowed...and that was only 20 enemies.

I yelled and pointed at this guys spot, and EVERYONE just started ripping away. We couldn't even hear him yelling to stop firing lol (though I told people to stop after a little and never bothered taking one myself).

#32 User is offline   TheGhillieMan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TheGhillieMan

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

I honestly feel like there is a difference between "camping" and "holding a zone" or "laning".

To me, a camper is someone who might sit in a building and not move, gun pointed at the door knowing that eventually, when the other team moves up, someone might walk through that door. They aren't really protecting anything. No one is aware that they are there. They aren't shooting at anything, not covering anyone, not communicating. They are virtually useless to their team, and a game ruiner for that poor person that walked through the door. You referenced FPS games in the video, and you will see people do this. A really easy example for those who played MW2 is on Skid Row, second floor of the building with the two long hallways in the center. There's a room where you can sit in between a counter and something else with a pair of Rangers, and you're almost invisible. It's a free kill if someone walks by. It's aggravating, and occasionally you will see someone do just that sort of thing in paintball.

But where you referred to someone holding a lane and firing barrages of paint through it so that people can't use it...that to me is productive. It's basically closing a line of attack that the other team could have used. Or if someone with a good sense of concealment is able to trench down in a section of trees and stop anyone from getting through, that's useful. It's protecting the team from being flanked, or delaying the opposing team's attack.

I definitely feel like there is a difference - one of them bothers me to no end, and the other is entirely acceptable.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users