• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

any military guys out there? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Sorry, but it's a rather annoying sore spot when someone just says something like "please, no POGs", like we're inferior stock and not worth living. I've undergone a surprising amount of infantry training for an intel pogue.

Yes, I was a POG, and I've served more than my time. As a recently discharged POG, I've outplayed a platoon of combat arms personnel on the paintball field. I've taught a platoon of infantry at a local field how to alter their tactics, because they were tired of getting hammered every time they stepped on the field with experienced ballers. They kept trying to use basic infantry tactics, and couldn't understand why they don't work straight up.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#17 User is offline   zaco 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:zaco

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:21 AM

HOLy poo with the pog poo, i just wanted to talk and play with other grunts on the field , not becuse all the pogs support us i just wanted to chill with some grunts who went threw the same kinda poo i did. and i know some pogs do patrols. i didnt mean any thing by it. . im down with playing with all type of military people, just trying to find some grunts. the reason soi tactics doesn't work is because soi is wrong, Plus im used to shoot at real people who are pretty afraid of BOINKing dieing. paint balls dont go 300 yards insta threw a piece of wood like a bullet can.

and whats with all this boot poo, two deployments to iraq as a machine gunner and 2 ied hits and a combat action ribbon realy doesn't make me a boot, so think before u talk. just because u go to iraq 1 time and live on a main base and have a kbr chow hall doesn't make u salty or a combat vet, so everyone plz chill the BOINK out. trust me i can trow tons on pog hating things out there, but i dont want to so chillll.

#18 User is offline   BASHBRO1 

• BASHBRO1
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BASHBRO1

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:15 AM

If you served your fine by me. I am a proud Grunt but I was just as proud of the rest of the guys. I think the convoy truckers might have been qualified as POGs but you couldn't have paid me enough to do that. They had to haul butt down an IED ridden highway hoping. At least our trailblazing mission was to drive slow as bait and find and destroy the little pricks and their toys.

God Bless all the vets. Any branch, any service time, all the same reason.

BASHBRO1
"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb"
Dark Helmet

#19 User is offline   Swifty 

• I'm an 11B, so basically I get paid to shoot people.
  • Pip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:49 AM

Proud 11B.
11B's have to kill at least 5 Chuck Norris clones in order to graduate OSUT.

The OpsGear message boards suck.

#20 User is offline   doubleshot 

• Yeah I put up with Doug...I'm not sure why
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:doubleshot

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:19 AM

here's the thing zaco...your problem is that you approached your "request" in the wrong way...maybe next time you'll think before you write and realize that to a lot of us "POGs" as you like to put it...have served a lot longer than you have (I'm guessing that you are on your first enlistment based on your maturity level thus far) and view the term "POG" as extremely derogatory and it generally ticks us off

I've known a lot of infantry guys throughout my 11 years of service but, the ones I knew...knew enough about the Army that they understood that the Army is not run by the Grunts, nor is it run by ANY one job in particular...

Face it...if it weren't for the Intel guys...the Grunts wouldn't even know who the enemy was...and without the supply guys the Grunts wouldn't have anything to eat...or any rounds to kill the people that the Intel guys tell you to...and without the finance guys you wouldn't have any money to buy any paintball gear...and so on and so on...so next time you want to upset the personnel that "support" you maybe you'll realize that you are the one in the support role...as are we all...

Support and Defend...remember that??

realize that we all have a job to do...and that Grunts aren't the only ones who are doing "Grunt work" so there are probably a lot of "POGs" that have gone through "the same poo" as you have, and some that have gone through much worse than you have as well...so I commend you on your service and your deployments to Iraq, but next time just ask if there are any Grunts on the forum instead of using derogatory and insulting terminology to tick off all the "non-Grunts" on the forum...don't diminish anyone else's service because it is not the same as yours...

Proud Intel Analyst - serving up the enemy to the skill of a Grunt's rifle for 11 years B)

Markers are kind of like Harleys...if you haven't customized it to make it your own...you probably just haven't saved up the $$ yet

#21 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

• Nothin' but the rain...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:51 PM

USAFA Appointee...I'm tentatively government property. :rolleyes:
I'm here, Benjie, I'm here, I said, clasping his hand on my arm.
Help me Rootie, my legs won't move.
Aw Benjie, it'll be okay Benj, I'll give you mine

USAFA '12.

#22 User is offline   zaco 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

View Postdoubleshot, on May 2 2008, 01:19 PM, said:

here's the thing zaco...your problem is that you approached your "request" in the wrong way...maybe next time you'll think before you write and realize that to a lot of us "POGs" as you like to put it...have served a lot longer than you have (I'm guessing that you are on your first enlistment based on your maturity level thus far) and view the term "POG" as extremely derogatory and it generally ticks us off

I've known a lot of infantry guys throughout my 11 years of service but, the ones I knew...knew enough about the Army that they understood that the Army is not run by the Grunts, nor is it run by ANY one job in particular...

Face it...if it weren't for the Intel guys...the Grunts wouldn't even know who the enemy was...and without the supply guys the Grunts wouldn't have anything to eat...or any rounds to kill the people that the Intel guys tell you to...and without the finance guys you wouldn't have any money to buy any paintball gear...and so on and so on...so next time you want to upset the personnel that "support" you maybe you'll realize that you are the one in the support role...as are we all...

Support and Defend...remember that??

realize that we all have a job to do...and that Grunts aren't the only ones who are doing "Grunt work" so there are probably a lot of "POGs" that have gone through "the same poo" as you have, and some that have gone through much worse than you have as well...so I commend you on your service and your deployments to Iraq, but next time just ask if there are any Grunts on the forum instead of using derogatory and insulting terminology to tick off all the "non-Grunts" on the forum...don't diminish anyone else's service because it is not the same as yours...

Proud Intel Analyst - serving up the enemy to the skill of a Grunt's rifle for 11 years :P

ok i approached the wrung way by saying "no pogs please," but here u are ?would have mad more sense for u just to stay out of my topic. and before u go on another rant on how a pog is important , i know we need the support of pogs, but that doesn't mean im gonna like them, not every mission is Intel driven, have u even deployed yet? probably on a main base if u did. Yes we need pogs in the military, but it is no way the same as a grunts job in Iraq(yes there are pogs who do the same , but not alot). yah i might need your intell, and supply , and pay, but in the long run im the one going out there not u .
i didn't diminish anyone by saying "no pogs plz" because if u are a pog u should have just walked away and not take any offensive to it. if some one made a post "no tall people" i wouldn't cry out about it on the Internet

and there is a big difference from an Intel guy in the army and a machine gunner in the usmc. and my problems just BOINKing email me so i dont get banned

#23 User is offline   doubleshot 

• Yeah I put up with Doug...I'm not sure why
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:doubleshot

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:36 PM

first of all...yes, I have deployed ISO OEF and OIF as has my spouse and my brother...who BTW is a Grunt, but he is smart enough to understand that he is not the only one putting his life on the line

second of all...I'm sure that since you are probably a junior enlisted member that you may not understand...but, all operations are Intel driven

lastly, I will leave you with a piece of advice...try to show a little respect...you might gain some respect, instead of contempt, in return

Good luck, stay safe, keep your powder dry and your head down

Markers are kind of like Harleys...if you haven't customized it to make it your own...you probably just haven't saved up the $$ yet

#24 User is offline   zaco 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:40 AM

View Postdoubleshot, on May 3 2008, 01:36 AM, said:

first of all...yes, I have deployed ISO OEF and OIF as has my spouse and my brother...who BTW is a Grunt, but he is smart enough to understand that he is not the only one putting his life on the line

second of all...I'm sure that since you are probably a junior enlisted member that you may not understand...but, all operations are Intel driven

lastly, I will leave you with a piece of advice...try to show a little respect...you might gain some respect, instead of contempt, in return

Good luck, stay safe, keep your powder dry and your head down

i realy dont mean any disrespect, i just wanted to talk to grunts but your still here ,, but what ever man, im sorry if i made fun of u in any way. and trust , not all missions are intel driven, ive been in iraq long enfore to know this

#25 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

Closed...try again in a different manner. Keep the arguing out of the next one!
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users