• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Leaf camo Painting?? Not woodland but more like forest ground Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   joe_dirte9 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

I know there is woodland camo out there but were i paintball there are not much green around. Its mostly all barriers and the ground which consists of a very few sticks and mostly all dead brown leaves.

The Type of environment im in exactly is not much tree's to take cover behind, so no tree camo. Not much green, so not woodland either. WHAT is there though is barriers made of sticks, a few sheds which are bad in anyway. and wooden barriors with sometimes neting on top.

So im looking for a for the most part brown/tan oak leaf like camo. with mabey a few stick looking camo parts on it.

If you find any how to thing on this or have an idea on how to do it, Thank you...

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'm not sure if the custom painting is still being offered. It's been a long time since Big Bone has posted. He's the one that did the painting.
Sounds like you might want to check out Realtree camos. Their AP Camo looks like it might be just the ticket.
Posted Image

As for getting this done to your marker.... It'd be pretty expensive to PAINT. But you could look into hydro graphics. If you aren't familiar with it, they use a special process where they float the pattern on water and dip a part through it. There are some durability issues with some parts and the images wears off due to rub, but a couple of clear coats should make it last longer. Check with your local gun shops, they should know who can do it.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   joe_dirte9 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostPuzuma, on 29 April 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

I'm not sure if the custom painting is still being offered. It's been a long time since Big Bone has posted. He's the one that did the painting.
Sounds like you might want to check out Realtree camos. Their AP Camo looks like it might be just the ticket.
Posted Image

As for getting this done to your marker.... It'd be pretty expensive to PAINT. But you could look into hydro graphics. If you aren't familiar with it, they use a special process where they float the pattern on water and dip a part through it. There are some durability issues with some parts and the images wears off due to rub, but a couple of clear coats should make it last longer. Check with your local gun shops, they should know who can do it.

well i wasn't gonna have anyone else do it custom like big bone... i was just gonna do it myself and was curious what a good what to make that pattern would be... if easily possible.

And also, if i do it myself, what type of paint should i use that is durable but not too expensive.

#4 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Several people here have used Krylon, which has a camo line, if cost is an issue. If you have a bit of cash, check out http://www.duracoat-...m-finishes.com/
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#5 User is offline   joe_dirte9 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostPuzuma, on 29 April 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Several people here have used Krylon, which has a camo line, if cost is an issue. If you have a bit of cash, check out http://www.duracoat-...m-finishes.com/

Does Krylon still hold up well?

b.c my guns current paint (black Bt-4 Combat) didn't start seriously being used until like a year ago.. and paints already chipping. (used to backyard paintball like once a year, until i descovered local paintball field last year, now i go like at least once every month)

#6 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

It all boils down to preparations and sealing/clear coating it. go through this section of the forum http://forum.special...p?showforum=164 for more information.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Try rustoleum paints. I love them. Nice thick, anti-rust paint.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users