Special Ops Paintball: Have you seen the new Woodsball TV commercial? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Have you seen the new Woodsball TV commercial? Pretty cool! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Fear the Reaper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

very well edited, and filmed!
"We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates, and accomplish the mission.
I lead by example in all situations...

#2 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

very very very cool!
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• it is better to watch something than to do something
  • Pip

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

not a whole lotta action goin on in that game. needs someone who is happy on the trigger.
:P

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

View PostMejorQueNada, on 08 April 2011 - 10:20 PM, said:

not a whole lotta action goin on in that game. needs someone who is happy on the trigger.

Nay... the last thing you want when you are trying to get a bunch of beginners to come out & try paintball is having some lunatic in your promotional video ripping 30 bps.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

Pretty cool they've got a commercial. WOuld be even cooler if I see it on tv, God knows we can always use a few more players!

But I gotta say, I didn't like that video-game-esque fake heads up display. But then again I don't like heads up displays in video games either, unless the premise of the game is that it takes place in some future where heads up displays are used by individual soldiers... it shouldn't be in the game.

And for all the paintballing I saw in that commercial I sure didn't see nearly enough people getting hit with paintballs! Especially in slow mo.
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

lol. we have 3 threads on this topic.
spec ops posting fail for all of us

#7 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• Pip

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

View Postger, on 09 April 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:

Nay... the last thing you want when you are trying to get a bunch of beginners to come out & try paintball is having some lunatic in your promotional video ripping 30 bps.

lol, these guys are shooting like 2-3bps. I have a mechanical marker with a regular hopper, and I can shoot around 7-8bps.

If you have "action" type music ... you need aggressive shooting. I partly agree w/ you... no ropes of paint, but just happy trigger finger.

They did fine with every other aspect of the video; it was just inconsistent.

#8 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

This video is aimed at beginners-hence why the players are all using basic Tippmanns, clothing and cheap podpacks.

The LAST thing you want to show these people is a ton of paint flying, especially since that doesn't really happen in a walk-on-only game anyways. I mean, yeah, experienced guys can shoot a Tippmann at 6+ BPS easily, but a beginner can't or won't.

I think it's a fantastic commercial. Wouldn't change a damn thing. It goes right for the audience, doesn't show anything unrealistic, makes the game look fun and safe. I can't wait until it starts showing up on TV.

#9 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on 10 April 2011 - 01:19 PM, said:

This video is aimed at beginners-hence why the players are all using basic Tippmanns, clothing and cheap podpacks.

The LAST thing you want to show these people is a ton of paint flying, especially since that doesn't really happen in a walk-on-only game anyways. I mean, yeah, experienced guys can shoot a Tippmann at 6+ BPS easily, but a beginner can't or won't.

I think it's a fantastic commercial. Wouldn't change a damn thing. It goes right for the audience, doesn't show anything unrealistic, makes the game look fun and safe. I can't wait until it starts showing up on TV.

I couldn't agree more!

Kudos to Tippmann for working towards providing what this game has always lacked...positive mainstream exposure! Way to step up to the plate!

#10 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

It's the kind of thing that field owners need.

#11 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• Pip

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:39 AM

If they want to expand the sport, they need to appeal to the masses. They were trying to make the movie look "extreme" with the HUD at the beginning the aggressive music, slow motion diving and the running in FPS mode. They want new kids to come out and be excited about it. Sry but pop.... pop.... pop... is not exciting. I don't see how a full on fast paced battle would put paintball in a negative light, and would probably would be MORE appealing to players who haven't played.

Watch some commercials that try to promote sports, they are all fast paced exciting, emotional and gritty. Why? Because it works and sells the sport.

I don't think they were trying to convey the message that paintball is a newb friendly sport. If they were, I totally missed it.

Like I stated earlier, the movie was good to me in every other aspect and did what I think it intended to do.

I digress though, to each his own.

This post has been edited by MejorQueNada: 12 April 2011 - 05:41 AM

#12 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

View PostMejorQueNada, on 12 April 2011 - 08:39 AM, said:

I don't think they were trying to convey the message that paintball is a newb friendly sport. If they were, I totally missed it.

Then I think you missed it :D. The name of the website is trypaintballnow.com - who do you think they want to try paintball? Newbs. You and I are already out there, we've already bought into how much fun the game can be, they aren't directing any effort to appeal to us & they shouldn't be. They are trying to appeal to the masses of younger people stuck inside playing video games that have yet to experience paintball.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#13 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:14 AM

I have seen this going around Facebook, which is probably better than TV since i watch everything on DVR and fast-forward commercials.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users