• This topic is locked

F-Bomb Practice Grenades

#1 User is offline   Factor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Factor

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:20 AM

After playing in a scenario game this weekend and dropping 4 F-Bombs i have to say i am super impressed with the way they detonate.

I also have to say i am not so super impressed with my throwing arm.

To that end, i would like to regularly use F-Bombs in every game ... BUT i can't justify the cost until i know i'm better at throwing them.

I think it would be really cool if Special Ops made practice F-Bombs ... identical in size and weight.
Then i could go out and consistently practice my throw, thus giving me much greater confidence throwing a $5 grenade.

To add a cost comparison, i pay $60/case for FPO ... that's .03 cents per paintball ... for the same price as an F-Bomb i could shoot an extra 166 paintballs and i would say that i could get the job done (although it wouldn't be anywhere near as cool!)

Now i know i could throw them still wrapped in plastic, but i think after enough practice throws the plastic would give way either from impact wear or just the pressure.

There's my 2 cents

This post has been edited by Factor: 23 July 2007 - 08:20 AM

Digitally Dangerous: Factor this ...

#2 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

I agree a practice grenade would be cool
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#3 User is offline   Pzippy 

• Future Pope
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pzippy

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

Could you maybe weigh an F-Bomb and put a bunch of rocks in a bag or something?
AO Search HEMOG

I WANT YOUR XBOX 360!

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:17 AM

I feel as though I've been a very polite poster during my time here on the forum. Most of my posts have been considerate, constructive, helpful... so excuse the following words: are you serious?!?

A practice grenade, "we're talkin' 'bout practice?" (in the words of Allen Iverson). Good grief, pick up a football & play catch, or shoot some hoops. I realize that a grenade is different than throwing a baseball, but it's the same principle - throw something to someplace. It's all about judging distance & hitting the target. Or, in the least do as Pzip posted, put some rocks in a bag & practice w/ those.

Alright, before someone becomes offended, I'm just messing around, don't get your camo in a bunch. I appreciate the fact that Factor wants to improve & is looking for ways to do so. Here's the consructive part of my post: you could just wrap one w/ duct tape to keep it from blowing. There's love, it's all in good fun.

This post has been edited by ger: 23 July 2007 - 09:18 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   F-Bomber 

• I can fix anything but your stupidity.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:F-Bomber

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:05 AM

Just buy a baseball!
If "F-Bombs" are too pricey, go straight to the source. They're a little cheaper from Atomic Ordnance. Who do you think makes the F-Bombs? The more you buy, the more you save.

This post has been edited by F-Bomber: 23 July 2007 - 10:07 AM

Don't make fun of my marker! It works better than yours, and I won't have to get a second job to buy a new one if it breaks.

Put this in your sig if you spent $2000 fireproofing a closet for your gear so you can just get out the house in a fire.

#6 User is offline   H3 Proto 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:02 PM

They could make some that refill with water...then you could throw it and practice judging the spray. Just and idea...

-Warrior

#7 User is offline   -Hoot- 

• Paintball, its not a game, but a way of life....
  • PipPip

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:27 PM

find rocks to throw thats how I practice
My want list How to Ghille your mask,By Curly fryOfficial Commander #62, Official Broadsword #46

#8 User is offline   Reaper1101 

• Don't take life so serious, you might not get out alive.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mjd1101

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:30 PM

Warrior, you can do that with any grenade, you just need to find the tube and ythe "safty" afterwards... And you need a syringe..
Hashido- a way of life...

#9 User is offline   Phantom Flanker 

• 10% warn for a year can't remember why
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:phantom flanker

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:49 PM

fill a used f-bomb with sand or water and tie it off.

or like warrior said fill it with water and re-wrap it so when you throw it it still sprays.
coming soon flashy graphics

#10 User is offline   stryker2-1 

• Stryker
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98c_for_hire

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:17 AM

View Postredleg_64, on Jul 24 2007, 06:03 AM, said:

It's best to practice with a grenade. In the army, we use practice grenades, not baseballs. Yeah, they are similar in shape, but upon hitting the ground or some other object they perform differently. Practice is best if you do it with the same thing and not something that is a poor imitation of what you are practicing to use.

right there is one that definately makes sense, you wouldnt go huntin deer with a squirt gun, now would ya? why not make practice paint grenades? of course they are all gonna vary, but its just like basic training, you train, train, and train some more, until its second nature, and nothing will help you better than having to simulate pullin the pin/rubber band/ziptie to get it loose.... because you will most certainly be needing to have that down as well, people can,will and im quite sure they have screwed up a simple take over of a position because they did something wrong when attempting to throw a grenade

y'all got my vote for the practice grenades... i think imma go get me some surgical tubing purty soon and get after it my own self

stryker

#11 User is offline   bulldog16 

• DABULLDOG
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DABULLDOG

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:35 AM

View PostFactor, on Jul 23 2007, 08:20 AM, said:

After playing in a scenario game this weekend and dropping 4 F-Bombs i have to say i am super impressed with the way they detonate.

I also have to say i am not so super impressed with my throwing arm.

To that end, i would like to regularly use F-Bombs in every game ... BUT i can't justify the cost until i know i'm better at throwing them.

I think it would be really cool if Special Ops made practice F-Bombs ... identical in size and weight.
Then i could go out and consistently practice my throw, thus giving me much greater confidence throwing a $5 grenade.

To add a cost comparison, i pay $60/case for FPO ... that's .03 cents per paintball ... for the same price as an F-Bomb i could shoot an extra 166 paintballs and i would say that i could get the job done (although it wouldn't be anywhere near as cool!)

Now i know i could throw them still wrapped in plastic, but i think after enough practice throws the plastic would give way either from impact wear or just the pressure.

There's my 2 cents
That is a good idea but for a cheaper one youweigh theGrenades and match that weight with rocks in a sack. Or you can just wrap something around the grenade that will make it not explode.
This bunkering was brought to you by the letter A and the number 5
If your a christian paintballer put this In your sig.

#12 User is offline   Factor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Factor

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:34 AM

View Postredleg_64, on Jul 24 2007, 08:03 AM, said:

It's best to practice with a grenade. In the army, we use practice grenades, not baseballs. Yeah, they are similar in shape, but upon hitting the ground or some other object they perform differently. Practice is best if you do it with the same thing and not something that is a poor imitation of what you are practicing to use.

QFT - thank you
I knew this thread was going to get a number of replies suggesting other methods - and yes guys it did cross my mind that any other object could be thrown - that's not the point.

If i didn't post, my idea would never get heard - so while i appreciate the other suggestions, the whole point from the very beginning was to get an exact practice replica.

Economically for Special Ops, if they can offer the item at low cost to themselves, it's just one more product they can expand their revenues with ... the snowball effect being that people get much more comfortable and confident in grenade throwing, now your grenade sales go up as a result

View PostF-Bomber, on Jul 23 2007, 01:05 PM, said:

If "F-Bombs" are too pricey, go straight to the source. They're a little cheaper from Atomic Ordnance. Who do you think makes the F-Bombs? The more you buy, the more you save.

i looked at their website and to get them at a price of $5 per grenade you need to buy 20 @ $100
if i buy from Special Ops i can get 6 @ $30 ... still = $5/per

the grenades are not "pricey" in and of themselves ... they are pricey when i am just chucking them noobishly and crossing my fingers for a kill
Digitally Dangerous: Factor this ...

#13 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:47 AM

Hmmm... So you want a grenade that you an use as practice? One that feels like a real grenade but doesn't go off? Those are already made. They are called "Squad Busters".

Come on! You knew someone was going to say it.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#14 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Jul 24 2007, 09:47 AM, said:

Hmmm... So you want a grenade that you an use as practice? One that feels like a real grenade but doesn't go off? Those are already made. They are called "Squad Busters".

Come on! You knew someone was going to say it.

You are Sooooooooooooooooooooo right. I've seen one bounce on pavement. You should at least try and simulate the grenade with a liquid. It has a slightly different throwing characteristic than something solid.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#15 User is offline   Red-Dawg 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Red-Dawg

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

ROFL Puzuma that is probably one of the funniest things Ive heard all day. Props to you my Canadian brother.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users