#1 User is offline   forza 

• sniping ahhhhhhhhhhh
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:forza

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

hey guys i sugest that you use a tippmann 98 a5 or x7
they are some of the most modifiable guns out there
pluss as a sniper we take hard falls and bumps thats exactly what these guns are made for
they are also very easy to camo
preferably use a 98 when sniping they are better with a single trigger
and with the older ones 98s you cant put in an e-grip system
pluss they are light and seem like a natural sniping gun

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

except for the fact that they are loud and heavy, and inconsistent.
Why are you taking hard falls?

Most paintball markers can take a pretty good beating, they just might not look as good after.
While tippmann markers are great for milsim and durability, there are other brands that are better for the price...especially for "sniping"

#3 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

:happy: this thread makes me smile and it only has two posts
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#4 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

This thread makes me LOL and it only has 3 posts :happy:
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

his thread makes me ROFL and it only has 4 ... ok yah that needs to stop. Tippmanns are not the ideal sniping gun. They don't shoot as consistently as some other guns. but wait sniping doesn't depend on the gun but the carbon based life form behind it.

This post has been edited by Dunceb4ll: 16 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#6 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

This thread should probably be closed before it becomes anymore of a mindless banter fest.
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#7 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

yeah serious I once thought tippmanns were the gun to have the perfect marker.... well I got a TM7 and seriously now understand tippmanns are not accurate, effecient, quiet, light. They are a good marker because they can take a brutal beating, and can be made unique, but there is so much better out there.
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#8 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

They are good guns but definately not for the task of "Sniping" :panzer:

~~The Horde~~ :evil:
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#9 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mercy

Post icon  Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

Well, hmm

My set up is A5-A2 (digi), Dog Leg (air-thru), 20" Smartparts Tactical Barrel, Red-dot, X7 Hopper.

I've been using Tippmann's to snipe for a few years now. Real good gun. Low sight profile, durable, dependable: things I like about the gun. But truth be told, they ARE NOT the ideal sniping marker. They are noisy and heavier than most guns on the market. Inaccurate? I wouldn't say that. Just depends on the paint, type of air, barrel, sight, and (of course) the user.

My friends all run with Smartparts' Ion. Now that is what most people consider a good sniping marker. Quiet and light.

On many occasions I've had the opportunity to use different markers for the sniper role but all in all I'd always come back to my Tippy. It just works for me...and i can make it work! lol

People say that Tippmanns are heavy. Compared to other markers, I'd say yes. Compared to an actual rifle, no way. I'm a pretty big guy so I've never noticed the weight of my A5-A2. One day, a kid wanted to use my gun. He was only running with a walmart spyder so I said "why not?" maybe I can encourage to get more into the great sport of paintball. I was blown away by how light the dinky little gun was, felt like it was going to snap in my grip. After a game or two the kid came back telling me that he loved the gun but that it was to heavy. I picked up my gun in one hand and the spyder in the other and was blown away by the weight difference. But like I said, I'm a pretty big guy and usually do manual labor at the job. So the weight of the gun never gives me a problem.

On another occasion I got to use an Ion Q-Bow. With a pod loaded up the thing weighs about the same as my tippy. A pretty cool concept for the electro guns but the weight of the pods under the barrel took some getting used to. Kinda felt top heavy, Lol the pods felt like they weighed more than the gun! LOL

On a side note; another Tippman advantage would be the cyclone. Just like the q-bow, I can count on always having a round in the chamber. Man I hate those retarded gravity fed speedball setups

Tippmanns noisy? That's without a doubt. But for a fellow who only uses a shot or two per target, then that doesn't really matter anyways. For you guys who don't know, the human ear acts like a directional radar. The first time it hears something it tells your brain that there is a noisy but cannot accurately pin point it's location (unless of course the noise is consistent or its right next to the fella), once that happens your brain starts using your ears to actively search for whatever made the noise. If no more noises are heard then there isn't much they can do about it. For all they know the sound came from 25 to 100 yrds behind them. But if a second and or third noise is heard then your brain uses your ears to point your eyes straight to the culprit. An example: remember those old cartoons or tv shows (like sherlock holmes old) where the police used to constantly blow whistles whenever they were casing the bad guy? They'd yell "STOP! POLICE!" and then they'd keep on blowing their little whistle? Well, they weren't so much trying to get the crook's attention (cause they obviously already had it) but they were letting the other officers in the area know exactly where they were so that back up would be on its way. A modern day example would be a fog horn on a boat. lol

So when you're popping off a single shot. The other guy and his buddies don't know exactly where you are. At the most they know the direction you may have shot from. But if you start spitting out ropes of paint then yeah...they know where you are. I used this at my last game. Was lying on the ground in a partial ghillie. Two of the op force come strolling up. Don't know I'm there. They crouch down behind a bunker. One of them turns his head and looks back at their rear, while the other peeks over the bunker. I shoot the dude peeking right in the face. His buddy flips out and takes cover. The guy is searching everywhere for me. He looks way ahead, all around, looks on the other side of the bunker, looks behind him, and I think he may have even looked up in the trees. Guy panics and retreats. Piece of cake. Science/tactics wins again.

So unless you've got an Tac One with a ported stiffi (it's pretty hard to hear those things even within 25 yards), then don't worry about the noise. If you're a scrawny little guy, then as far as sniping is concerned, I'd so get an Ion before a Tippy.
But at the conclusion of the matter, I don't care if you're sniping with a double-trouble; if you can make it work for whatever kind of sniping you're doing. Then more power to you. Those short sighted speed freaks have already put us snipers in a box saying that "there is no such thing as paintball snipers" lets not make another proverbial box and berate others over what kind of gun THEY can make work.

Snipers FTW :dodgy:

oh and the science-whatever comments were for those who aren't informed. So if you already knew, then cool. No offense meant
Jeremiah 29:11 "His promises fulfilled"

#10 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

Wow, I've been watching this thread for a while, and I can't say I expected someone to come in here with such a long, thought-out response.
And yes, I'd have to agree with you. I think most people in this thread were simply reacting (perhaps overreacting) to the somewhat common misconception that Tippmanns are somehow the best sniper markers ever made. But just because they're not "ideal" certainly doesn't mean that they can't be used for sniping. Not at all.

In fact, I've been "sniping" with my A-5 for years now. Most of my friends get really annoyed with me on occassion because I have soooo much more patience than them, and I tend to be rather effective at sneaking around them. So I am aware first hand that the A-5 is a very effective tool in the right hands. It's just not the "king of all sniper markers." That's the main point here I'd say.

View PostMercy of Spades, on Apr 20 2009, 09:43 PM, said:

Man I hate those retarded gravity fed speedball setups

Just cause I can't help myself:
You do know that most "speedball markers" aren't gravity fed right? :dodgy:

This post has been edited by Silent-7: 20 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

The way I see it, the more upgradeable a marker is, the worse it is stock.
I'd recommend an SP1 if you're on a budget.
Performance wise tops any tippmann marker.
But, use what you're comfortable with.

#12 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:05 AM

View PostSilent-7, on Apr 20 2009, 10:54 PM, said:

Just cause I can't help myself:
You do know that most "speedball markers" aren't gravity fed right? ;)

okay okay, I surrender! lol :P

#13 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

LOL, I couldn't resist commenting on that... :dodgy:

But truthfully, I think you made some very good points in your post. I just wouldn't be able to dedicate the time to writing all of that unless it was for a thread that was somehow super important or something... heh...
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

well, the way I see it is that you never know who these people are who are posting these topics. The dude seemed pretty confident in his tippy and took the time to actually write something down for the rest of us to see. He was probably looking for some encouragement from his fellow snipers. GOD knows we paintball snipers are the subject of ridicule to a large portion of our sport as it is. If he had posted it anywhere else than here they would have been on him like sharks on a chunk of bloody meat. Normally I would have let him say his peace, nodded my head and then walked on. But when they started tearing him down by mocking his cherished sniper gun. That kinda takes it too far for me. For all I know he just went and invested his hard earned cash into this tippmann believing he could finally play the game his way (sticking it to those trash talking speed freaks) and now just got spit on by people he was hoping to get some moral support from. And just like those cheating "wipers", that sorta thing makes new players walk away from our sport. Which just ain't cool seeing as how for the past couple of years, paintball has seen a serious decline in noobs who get hardcore into the sport. Who knows, this guy might fall in love with chunking paint and get 10 more folks into woodsball. Which in turn keeps places like Special Ops running and pumping out better equipment. The more the merrier. Personally, I'd love to get shot at by every person who reads this and by the people they may one day bring to paintball.

But to be honest, if I didn't agree with at least some of what this fella was saying I wouldn't have bothered posting. And on the opposite side of the coin, if he had said something completely retarded like "The best sniper bullets are frozen paintballs!" or "I turn my velocity up to 450fps during the game so that I can get extra range!" and/or was actually trying to start an argument. I would have reported him and then totally torn this post to shreds.

But as it stands. Tippmanns and sniping? I support that statement. lol :comp:

This post has been edited by Mercy of Spades: 21 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

#15 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

Dang, another well thought-out post... :)
And I really really like your outlook on the situation. I wish I had had the motivation to write what you did, because I certainly agree.
This sport needs more people like you!

I like the Bible reference too. :ghillie:
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users