• You cannot reply to this topic

I need help guys... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

Alright. Dilemma.

Ever since day one I have played in the woods and have been fascinated with the "sniper" theme. I started my sniper days with an A-5. ATM, I have everything, but the marker I want for sniping. Everything. Ghillie, custom pack, mask, red dot, the works. I have always wanted the Tac One longbow. Now even if I wasn't playing "sniper" I could take of the longbow stuff and use the Tac One with the ULE Trigger and still be a fast shooter... I have the money to get one now. And I have found a seller.

But, I started airball and hyperball this year and loved it as well. I almost bought a nice light, fast "speedball" gun, but then thought about how much I wanted the longbow still. Now, I have found a group of guys and we are going to make a speedball team! So....

I still really want the Longbow, but then I won't be able to compete with the other guys on the airball course. If I don't get the longbow, I may never find another one when I have that much cash again because they are becoming harder to find....AHHHH.

Also, with all the cash it costs to get the longbow, I could get a good loader (Rotor) and some nice pants. I already have a Ninja 68/45 so I have an air tank.

What to do? :ghillie:

#2 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

Buy the Tac one, it is an amazing gun, and will keep up with a tourney marker, but the best part is there are no batteries. So buy the Mag and you will have a very reliable marker.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#3 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:01 PM

I say just drop woodsball completly, if you have a chance to join a team, by all means just change to speedball and go from there..so i say dont buy a tac-1, buy a Eteck, or Dm6, or Ego5 for cheap and you wont regret it...and if you still find yourself wanting to go into the woods for some weird reason..these small markers will pwn in the woods.
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

And do what with all my woodsball stuff that I saved up for and would sell for half of what it is worth?

#5 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

Just buy a nice tourney gun, it will shoot smooth, be efficient, and shoot great. I used to play primarily woodsball, but now I play more speedball, tournaments, and scenarios, I found that a high end electro was better for those things.

I used to want to be Mr-one-shot-one-kill a few years ago, I spent a lot of money on an a5, then upgraded to a Q-bow. Sure it shot sweet, and using it stripped down to the tac-one was nice, but I switched over to electros and found that they do what my mag did, and were lighter and generally more efficient.

#6 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on Dec 9 2009, 05:27 PM, said:

And do what with all my woodsball stuff that I saved up for and would sell for half of what it is worth?

Keep it...
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

As far as I know the longbow kit is completely reversible. Just take off all of the extra parts, put a normal loader, air tank on, and you're good to go for speeball. If there ever was a mechanical marker made for airball, a tac-one with a ULE trigger is it. They don't fire quite as fast as an electro, but can still shoot very quickly. Coming from a pump player, they shoot faster than you should ever actually need. Automags used to be practically all anyone used in speedball.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#8 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:15 AM

Are mags tourney legal anymore? I thought I remembered reading something about them being an illegal gun because of their trigger.

#9 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

In most places they arent tourny legal, thats why i suggested that he DONT get a tac-1
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

I would just get an older electro like a Cyborg or Ego or whatever interests you.

I love my Tac-One, and it is a very reliable marker... but it just isn't what I would want to use in a game of intense speedball. And electros work just as well in the woods as any mech, and they're typically more efficient to boot.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#11 User is offline   E-14 Unknown 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:PMC-Unknown

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:28 AM

View Post5N1P3R, on Dec 9 2009, 04:09 PM, said:

What to do? :(

New to the forum, nothing new to paintball.

I don't know about you dude, but first I'd find out what type of game you want to play: speedball or woodsball. Then, once you decide, you have to determine what type of kit/marker is going to maximize your effectiveness while playing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a scenario/woodsball junkie, but when I go out and play against these guys with A-5 SAW kits (i.e. markers weighing 15 lbs., with 20 lbs. strapped to themselves) I have to laugh. Yeah, you look sh*t hot, but that speedball kid with the Mini is going to bunker your ass fast.

I'm not trying to plug my team here, but we have a strategy: if it isn't effective or hinders your ability to dominate your enemy - dump it.

So based on what I've heard about your setup:

Do you really want to play speedball with a Longbow? Doesn't that limit you to only about 20 rounds? You know it and I know it: Speedball is a game of dumping massive amounts of paint in the vicinity of your opponent. For the vets, maybe they are court snipers, but every kiddie park I go to you got players walking into the locker rooms with 3 cases of paint for 3 hours play (I play 36 hour scenarios on 3000 rounds), its about the spray. So that Longbow kit you KNOW isn't going to cut it out there, so why face the disappointment?! Do what the guy up there said and get a speedball marker; there is a reason people play speedball with those markers - because NOTHING else cuts it on those courts. You have to shoot fast and light. If you want individualism in your marker, get some really nice anodizing with your name on it or something, but don't by mods that will sour your ability to win.

As for your woodsball setup, drop all the mods. Snipers don't exist in paintball, just because your marker has scopes and all those tactic mods, doesn't mean I cannot hit you at the same range as an assault gunner. Drop the weight and invest in some REALLY good camo if you want to do the hunter thing. Personally, I try to keep it light as possible to keep mobility up, and in paintball even snipers need mobility; because you cannot essentially "reach out and touch someone" you have to danger yourself to your enemy's range to get your kill, knowing this means ambushing via stealth and quickness and then getting the f*ck out of there before reinforcements come and saturate your area - I've rarely been assaulted by someone hunkering low who we've not successfully wedged out. There is equipment out there that is actually practical and not expensive and ineffective - I see too much of that within the woodsball community (the milsim guys).

Hope this helps.

#12 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

E-14 , welcome to the forums

5n1p3r ..... for me, playing paintball is mostly about being with buds and having a blast together, the equipment is secondary .... if your buds are playin speedball, then buy the speedball equip. sell your other stuff for whatever you can , help some new kid that is starting up and can't afford good used stuff, or whatever ... but the longbow is a piece of equipment that is highly specialized and i think you will not have as many opportunities to use it, and it will sit around unused most of the time .. wasting all that money ....

just my$.02

#13 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

View PostE-14 Unknown, on Dec 12 2009, 08:28 AM, said:

View Post5N1P3R, on Dec 9 2009, 04:09 PM, said:

What to do? :(

New to the forum, nothing new to paintball.

I don't know about you dude, but first I'd find out what type of game you want to play: speedball or woodsball. Then, once you decide, you have to determine what type of kit/marker is going to maximize your effectiveness while playing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a scenario/woodsball junkie, but when I go out and play against these guys with A-5 SAW kits (i.e. markers weighing 15 lbs., with 20 lbs. strapped to themselves) I have to laugh. Yeah, you look sh*t hot, but that speedball kid with the Mini is going to bunker your ass fast.
I play both equally.

I'm not trying to plug my team here, but we have a strategy: if it isn't effective or hinders your ability to dominate your enemy - dump it.

So based on what I've heard about your setup:

Do you really want to play speedball with a Longbow?
What? I think someone would have to be very very dumb to play speedball with a longbow. That's why I said I could take all the Longbow components off and use the Ultra Light Trigger and get somewhere around 10 BPS with the mag.
Doesn't that limit you to only about 20 rounds? You know it and I know it: Speedball is a game of dumping massive amounts of paint in the vicinity of your opponent. For the vets, maybe they are court snipers, but every kiddie park I go to you got players walking into the locker rooms with 3 cases of paint for 3 hours play (I play 36 hour scenarios on 3000 rounds), its about the spray. So that Longbow kit you KNOW isn't going to cut it out there, so why face the disappointment?! Do what the guy up there said and get a speedball marker; there is a reason people play speedball with those markers - because NOTHING else cuts it on those courts. You have to shoot fast and light. If you want individualism in your marker, get some really nice anodizing with your name on it or something, but don't by mods that will sour your ability to win.

As for your woodsball setup, drop all the mods.

Snipers don't exist in paintball, just because your marker has scopes and all those tactic mods, doesn't mean I cannot hit you at the same range as an assault gunner.
Wait....what? This is the Special Ops Paintball forum. The company that declared the paintball sniper was real. They proved it. When people tell me Snipers dont exist in paintball, its like saying girls shouldn't play paintball. I have proved to myself and others that I can play thie sniper game. Your referring to sniping in paintball as it is in the military. Snipers in paintball can act as ghost flankers, which is mainly what I do. There are many many more things to paintball sniping than longballing, but I am not going to start this conversation.

Drop the weight and invest in some REALLY good camo if you want to do the hunter thing.
I have my Omnipat and action ghillie :wub:

Personally, I try to keep it light as possible to keep mobility up, and in paintball even snipers need mobility; because you cannot essentially "reach out and touch someone" you have to danger yourself to your enemy's range to get your kill, knowing this means ambushing via stealth and quickness and then getting the f*ck out of there before reinforcements come and saturate your area - I've rarely been assaulted by someone hunkering low who we've not successfully wedged out. There is equipment out there that is actually practical and not expensive and ineffective - I see too much of that within the woodsball community (the milsim guys).

Hope this helps.

I am not trying to sound like a dick here, but I just didn't agree with some of the stuff you stated. But I did consider what other things you said so Thank you.

I am kind of leaning towards a Mini or something to play snake with.

View Postklaatu, on Dec 12 2009, 10:47 AM, said:

E-14 , welcome to the forums

5n1p3r ..... for me, playing paintball is mostly about being with buds and having a blast together, the equipment is secondary .... if your buds are playin speedball, then buy the speedball equip. sell your other stuff for whatever you can , help some new kid that is starting up and can't afford good used stuff, or whatever ... but the longbow is a piece of equipment that is highly specialized and i think you will not have as many opportunities to use it, and it will sit around unused most of the time .. wasting all that money ....

just my$.02

I get what you are saying, and realized I forgot that. 75% of the time I wouldn't be using it and it would be doing nothing.

Thanks!

#14 User is offline   Swamphawk7 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Swamphawk7

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:08 AM

take a deep breath,get out your plastic and buy the mag and a electro. That's just me :D in the end you're on your own with this one,it's your $$ and you know what fits your playing style. As for the longbow stuff,can't ya just use one of those noxx springfeeds with 10rd tubes instead? I think that may be way, way cheaper. Not sure.

That's why I said I could take all the Longbow components off and use the Ultra Light Trigger and get somewhere around 10 BPS with the mag.

tuned up with the right input pressure more like 15-20bps ;) and field legal here as it's mech (rec ball). but I don't think it's an option in tourneys with strict bps caps. (check the rules)

best of luck to you.

This post has been edited by Swamphawk7: 16 December 2009 - 09:19 AM

#15 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

My 2 cents:

Buy a used Tiberius T9 with the First Strike upgrade without all of the scope, bipod, etc etc that just adds to the price tag and of which IS useful, you already had as I believe you stated before. Use the FS for scenarios and then you can still use regular paint in the mags or attach the hopper and you're ready for some recball. Budget some money so you can buy a tube or three of FS for big games.

With the remaining money buy yourself an electro like a Mini.

The best of both worlds if you ask me.
-Vinny
T9 Longbow

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users