Special Ops Paintball: Spec Ops Slings - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spec Ops Slings How and why they are setup that way.

#1 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

Okay so in browsing the interwebs, etc. I've noticed that the SO sling is setup on a marker so the loop side is over the barrel while the Velcro side is over a stock. I have a stock X7 Phenom and I look my Velcro through the very first rail hole and under the marker (not over the rail but through it). And put the loop through the buttplate. My nooberific question is why isn't that being done or what disadvantage am I having by doing this? I've yet to find out, maybe more seasoned ballers can enlighten.

Many thanks!
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#2 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

The idea of the loop around the barrel is that it can slide/tighten around different sizes of barrels... the back piece can be adjusted to fit around stocks that don't have a "ring" for a sling.

I'm not sure what exactly you're doing, but the idea is to keep the marker level (barrel at 180 degrees). I personally didn't like restricting my movement that much (or I was putting it on wrong) so I kept the front loop part off and just used the back part of the sling to hang my marker off my vest - for when I was too lazy to carry, or when I wanted a hand reloading.

#3 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

Here are pics to help:

Posted Image
Posted Image
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.

#4 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

Hmm, well if I am correct about the loop on the barrel, then in comparison you will not be able to control the front end of your marker as well because the velcro can't slide anywhere.

It doesn't matter if you are comfortable with it though - if it works for you, go with it.

#5 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

Right but I left a lot of slack out so that won't be a problem...I did notice I can't aim too far to my left though lol (I'm a lefty so the gun hangs w/ barrel pointing to my right) so maybe I'll give the other way a shot. Thank you for your input kind sir!

This post has been edited by Spitfire151: 02 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

SpecOps Feedback

#6 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

No problem - the main reason it's done that way is also probably because most markers don't have weird rails with holes in them :P

#7 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

Haha true!
SpecOps Feedback

#8 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

How and where you mount your sling is purley preference. Find what works best for you and use it. :D As long as it holds your marker steady for you it doesn't matter how you have it set up. Whether its a 1 point, 2 point or 3 point sling, as long as it does it's job. You are fine. Don't worry about how others do it unless it stops working for you. :D

I rarely use slings anymore, if i do i use a simple one point sling. Just so i can use it like a stock on markers i have no stock for. Works great then. I do believe someone once said that is how the Brits are taught to shoot. Just push out away from you with the sling on and once it is taut, it really barely moves, just keep forward pressure on it and your aim is very steady. No need for a bulky stock then

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#9 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:21 AM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 02 March 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

No problem - the main reason it's done that way is also probably because most markers don't have weird rails with holes in them :P

Ding ding ding....give that man a prize!

That's the real reason. If you have the option based on the design of the gun, then it just comes down to personal preference...use what's comfortable for you.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users