• You cannot reply to this topic

Team F.E.A.R First Look BT TM-7 56k Beware Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Varnel 

• Team F.E.A.R Co-Captain
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Varnel

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

Team F.E.A.R's hands on first look at the brand new BT TM-7!

*NEW* Videos Review/Maintenance:
Maintenance Video: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38350
Test/Review Video 1: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38380
Test Video 2:http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38639
Test Video 3: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38793

*NEW*Written Review

My initial impressions of the gun are that of great happiness. The stock barrel is insanely accurate but a bit on the loud side. This is due to it being so short (9 inches and .691 Bore Size) and the porting not coming until the very end of the barrel. Though it is not a problem for me it maybe for others.
The gun is extremely light for a fully decked out milsim gun (2.5 pounds)...even with a hopper on the gun there is still nothing to it!
The kick in ramping and FA is barely noticeable out of the box and will only get better as the spring breaks in. Just secure the stock on your shoulder and you're good to go.
The gun is also very efficient from the get go. I was shooting a full hopper of paint and only using 250-300 PSI in my CF 68/4500. Again once the reg breaks in this will only get better.
Switching firing modes is fast and easy. You can go between every firing mode in a matter of seconds and be prepared for what ever the battle brings your way.
The battery changing system is by far the best I have seen on any gun. It is incredibly fast and easy, you can change a battery out in less than 5 seconds with no tools.
The velocity is also very easy to adjust requiring only an allen key small enough to fit in the adjustment hole that needs to be turned near the battery door.
The trigger has 4 adjustment locations that can change the feel of the trigger to meet anyone’s preferences. I choose to keep it stock as I loved the way it felt right out of the box. Was a very light pull and very responsive.
It also come with an awesome barrel sock, a helpful manual, and a nice parts kit with a spare of almost everything you need to rebuild the gun including an extra set of detents and lube.

Now onto my gripes....come on nothing is perfect.
The stock does not lock into place when the stock is pushed all the way in. This is not a bad thing really as it makes pulling the stock out very easy to do when needed in the heat of battle. There are indents in the stock for it to lock in that position, but it looks like the stock won't slide in far enough to catch them.
The foldable fore grip is only 2 position, open and closed. Most others are 3-5 position. Although it is obvious it is a cheap grip it is still very comfortable.
Due to the way the hopper sits on the marker you are limited as to what you can mount on the back rail. Most large dot sights and scopes will not clear the hopper. A ripclip, qloader, or an offset mounting rail will fix this.
The stock grips are kind of hard, but still very nice and have finger grooves for increased grip.
It hasn't happened yet, but I am afraid the select fire switch labels are going to wear off with continued mode switching. The same way as my X7's did.
You have to split the shell to get to the bolt. Not anymore work than an A5 or and X7 but compared to the Mini and other speedball type markers this is a lot of work.
First time I took it apart I was afraid of breaking the eye and battery wires on the inside of the gun when I had to disconnect them to remove the internals. As long as you go slow and are careful you have nothing to worry about though.

All in all I would give this gun a 9/10 right out of the box. For the price you pay for this marker you are getting one heck of a value! Nothing needs to be done to this marker for it to compete with any other gun you will run into on any field.

Without further adieu the pics:

The Unboxing:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

With a Halo B attached:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

With a Eggy 2 attached:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Size Comparisons!

SP SP1 vs. BT TM-7:
Posted Image
Posted Image

BT Delta vs. BT TM-7:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please feel free to leave Feedbacks and Comments!

This post has been edited by Varnel: 04 August 2008 - 07:16 AM

#2 User is offline   Varnel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

With Qloader Attached:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

We just finsihed the maint video for it...will be up shortly. Tomorrow we plan on doing a few more vids on accuracy out of box, effeciency and such.

I did take it out for a few minutes tonight but didn't have much air. For what I did have the gun suprised the crap out of me! I had roughly 800 PSI in my tank and I was able to shoot a hoppers worth of paint at roughly 275FPS nearly ball on ball at roughly 100 feet using 1 year old paint. I was then able to cycle the gun another 100 or some times on FUll Auto before the tank was empty. The stock barrel is dead on accurate, but is very very loud. Switching between modes is quick and easy. Battery chaging is retardly simple! Out of the box I found that the kick and effeciency of the gun to be amazing. Once this gun gets broke in I don't even want to think how awesome it is going to be. A more extensive review will be posted up in this thread shortly!

This post has been edited by Varnel: 12 August 2008 - 06:06 AM

#3 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

nice, Nice..its nicest looking of the Marker pics you posted for sure.

how much of it is Plastic? how balanced is it with the Halo?
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Gernads 

• High Snow Lord, King of the Blow Lands
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gernads

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:49 PM

I wish I had my TM-7 now...but I thank you for posting the pictures to help me pass the time. That thing looks sooo sick. Just imagine it with the Rip Clip!

#5 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:31 AM

TM-7 Maintenence Video: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38350
TM-7 Test: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38380

This post has been edited by Enhander: 28 July 2008 - 05:48 AM

#6 User is offline   Varnel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:20 AM

Thanks for posting them up for me man!

Please note in the test we were shooting a very soft deer target and were getting a lot of bounces. If you don't pay attention you could mistake a ball bouncing off the target for another ball coming into the target. In the future I think we are going to have to do this video again using a board target to solve the bouncing problem. This gun is very solid and is accurate and ready to perform right out of the box. I had 1 barrel break all day and I was able to shoot through it! I switched over to my DM7 for another video to be posted later and using the same paint I had 3 breaks in one hopper...The Tm-7 flat outperformed by DM-7 yesterday. I am both happy and sad about that as my TM-7 ran me 400 and the DM7 was 1000+

#7 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

I have to say that looking at that video, I'm kind of disappointed in how much crap you have to go through to get to the bolt... It looks just about as much fun as taking apart an old 98c. It also looks like there is a ton of throw in that trigger too (some people like that, I don't).

This post has been edited by FlamingoChavez: 28 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

#8 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:01 PM

View PostFlamingoChavez, on Jul 28 2008, 03:31 PM, said:

I have to say that looking at that video, I'm kind of disappointed in how much crap you have to go through to get to the bolt... It looks just about as much fun as taking apart an old 98c. It also looks like there is a ton of throw in that trigger too (some people like that, I don't).

yea, I am disappointed in the disassembly of the marker. There's 4 trigger adjust points so you can set it just how you want. That was a very nice feature that BT put in.

#9 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

View PostEnhander, on Jul 28 2008, 01:01 PM, said:

There's 4 trigger adjust points so you can set it just how you want. That was a very nice feature that BT put in.

That makes me feel a little better then.

#10 User is offline   Varnel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

my initial impressions of the gun have been added to the first post.

#11 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

man, you guys are gonna make me buy another gun! *groans*
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#12 User is offline   Varnel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

View PostMurderDeathKill, on Jul 30 2008, 02:10 PM, said:

That's what we're here for :)

#13 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

View PostVarnel, on Jul 30 2008, 03:38 PM, said:

View PostMurderDeathKill, on Jul 30 2008, 02:10 PM, said:

That's what we're here for :dry:

Yea without the forums, most of us would still be using a cheap mask, bdu's, and an old stock 98. (Not that there's anything wrong with any of that equiptment)
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Varnel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

TM-7 Test Video 2 added! This time we cranked the TM-7 to 20 BPS and ripped through a hopper full of paint on Ramping and Full Auto Modes using a DXS Pulse Loader.

Test Video 2:http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38639

#15 User is offline   Varnel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:16 AM

Test Video 3 has been posted. This time we shoot the BT TM-7 set to 20 BPS in Ramping and FA modes using a Halo B with V35 and a wood target. The Halo B ended up shooting much more consistant than the Pulse in Pulse Mode.

Test Video 3: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38793

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users