• You cannot reply to this topic

Spyder MR2 or other marker? Need some info and help please... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ben_davis1386 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ben_davis1386

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:21 PM

Hey guys. I just need some opinions. My A5 was stolen while I was away at college, and I really don't want to have to spend all that money on a new A5 and all the mods I had before. I was looking at the Spyder MR2 which is on sale for $149 somewhere. What are your opinions on this marker... does it perform well enough to be used for the Sniper position? Also is there any way I could put a reg on the marker and still keep the milsim look? Ok that's the first part of my post... the second question I have is: I already have a 2k4 mechanical Autococker, but it is glossy silver (nickel I think is the official color). Is there any way I could modify the Autococker to be a good scenario marker, be it changing the body, adding a stock (if any are even available) or anything else? I'm kinda lost without my Tippmann but like I said they get pretty expensive to mod and I don't really want to spend that much money again. Thanks for your help.

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:06 AM

I would work with the Autococker - it has a lot more potential than an MR2. Kingman/Spyder's stacked tube blowback design isn't bad, but it isn't quite as refined as the pneumatics of an Autococker. Unfortunately, the materials used in many of Kingman's markers aren't really built for the high pressures they operate at and reliability becomes an issue.

You don't really need it to look like a real gun in order for it to be a scenario marker. I would keep with the Autococker and work with that. If you want to change the body of your Autococker you can either look around for a new one or just get your current one anodized black. I don't know of any mil-sim themed stocks for Autocockers but they can use both Lapco drop stocks as well as gas through "T" stocks. Those are much more practical anyways.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   ben_davis1386 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ben_davis1386

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:22 AM

View PostPiller, on Feb 29 2008, 02:06 AM, said:

I would work with the Autococker - it has a lot more potential than an MR2. Kingman/Spyder's stacked tube blowback design isn't bad, but it isn't quite as refined as the pneumatics of an Autococker. Unfortunately, the materials used in many of Kingman's markers aren't really built for the high pressures they operate at and reliability becomes an issue.

You don't really need it to look like a real gun in order for it to be a scenario marker. I would keep with the Autococker and work with that. If you want to change the body of your Autococker you can either look around for a new one or just get your current one anodized black. I don't know of any mil-sim themed stocks for Autocockers but they can use both Lapco drop stocks as well as gas through "T" stocks. Those are much more practical anyways.

Ok what I think I'm gonna do is get the Autococker Tactical SF. I found it online for $149 and by the time I get my AC annoed, or change the body out, and get an Eblade (or Worrblade nowadays since it's practically impossible to find an Eblade) I will have spent a lot more than that. Plus I can use my AC Lucky 15 kit with it :D Thanks for your help man.

#4 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• my phone# 1-773-509-5027 :]
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:X7Sabre

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:01 PM

try looking at the new smart parts Sp-1. it onle 150 at the most and you can get a cheap upgrade that allows you to put a 98 stock on it. plus it looks like a milsims marker and you can use co2
Let All Snipers Unite Under One Banner
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)
Official Sniper #1
I'm a christian paintballer - Isaiah 40:31
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users