• You cannot reply to this topic

Palmer Blazer Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:36 PM

I'm not a huge fan of the Blazer. For a semi, it feels odd, and the trigger pull is rather heavy and long (it's a Cocker. What do you expect?). It's a good gun, don't get me wrong, but I prefer one with more standard ergonomics and better performance like an Automag. I DO have a Palmers Typhoon, and love it, but I don't try to make it into something it's not (a speedball gun). But if you're going to have any kind of mechanical Autococking gun, there's no real point in having a double trigger. For a long, hard trigger pull, you can almost always move your index finger alone back and forth faster than both fingers at the same time.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#17 User is offline   pbsniper 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:LOADEDSNIPER

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

I got a blazer a couple months ago after I sold my PM6. It was a very wise decision, it is a lot more reliable, really accurate and quiet with its dual vented brass barrel, great consistency on CO2.

One problem I had was that when I got it the LPR was a quarter turn too low so I just called PPS, got to talk to Craig!!!, and the problem was all sorted out in a matter of minutes.

The other problem was since I was used to shooting an electro, I short-stroked it during games sometimes which caused paint to pop. Then again, this wasn't a big problem because with the blazer you can remove the bolt faster than you snap your fingers.

After getting used to the trigger it wasn't that bad, it was still A LOT more lighter and shorter than my Tippy 98's trigger.
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -Glenn Palmer

Sabre # 163 - If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done

"I think I'm going to make a broad patent on "crap". Then SP will have to pay me royalties for every marker they make." -JerseyPaint

#18 User is offline   TheReaper 

• 5 Years and some months to go.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:hvyrifleman12345

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:50 AM

What I'm really curious about is this...

Consistency
*Accuracy
*Rate of Fire
Air Efficiency
Customize-ability

But most of all I want to know about the asteriked ones. I'm a little leary about not being able to shoot fast. Of course all you need is semi-auto, but sometimes that just doesn't cut it and you need to up the ante by unloading a ridiculous about of paint in no time. And the whole reason I'm selling my A-5 for this marker is because I want something that is just ridiculously accurate.
Word.

#19 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:22 PM

View PostTheReaper, on Jan 19 2008, 12:50 PM, said:

What I'm really curious about is this...

Consistency
*Accuracy
*Rate of Fire
Air Efficiency
Customize-ability

But most of all I want to know about the asteriked ones. I'm a little leary about not being able to shoot fast. Of course all you need is semi-auto, but sometimes that just doesn't cut it and you need to up the ante by unloading a ridiculous about of paint in no time. And the whole reason I'm selling my A-5 for this marker is because I want something that is just ridiculously accurate.

Consistency: +/-3-4 fps with one Stabilizer and CO2. That's darn good.

Accuracy: As a target in my backyard, I use a cinder block turned upright. It is exactly 90 feet away. Every shot lands on the cinder block. The only exception is the occasional bad ball winger that really curves off.

RoF: Medium to high for a mech. If you want a higher rof, get a double blade trigger 45 frame.

Efficiency: 80 shots per ounce of CO2. I think they quote 12+ shots per C.I. at 3000 psi. It's higher than most.

Customizability: Pretty good. Aftermarket parts are virtually non-existent, but PPS offers MANY options to make your Blazer unique. Highlights, colors, trigger frames, barrels, etc.

If semi doesn't cut it, you made a mistake. Try pump for one game. Pump players can do it. If you become a better player you can too. I've never been in a situation where I think "I just have to spray a hell of a lot of paint!!!" I've seen people do it though and it's usually wildly inaccurate an ineffective. A good player knows the difference between spraying and praying and aimed shots. You could spit out 20 random shots at someone and suppress them or you could put out 3 well aimed shots and do the same. Rof is a handicap, IMO, that MANY players hide behind. It's a crutch that allows them to sit in the back, lay volumes and just pray. Because they can rely on accuracy by volume they never realize how getting angles and better positions on the field is the key to improving your game. Sorry for the rant, but this topic irks me. I see that you have an A-5 with a stock mech trigger. The Blazer will be every bit as fast, if not faster than your stock trigger. Get a good electronic hopper. I can't confirm this, but ~Finsec on the Underground Mod Shop Forums uses a Halo on his Craig Palmer signature series Blazer because he outshoots any slower hoppers. The Blazer trigger is lighter, shorter, and crisper than any A-5 mech trigger. Video: http://www.palmer-pu...lazer-test-.MPG Is that fast enough?

The accuracy again is very high. I haven't seen a more accurate marker on the field. Then again, most other people I see rely too much on accuracy by volume. Still, putting every shot on a 1'X6" target at 90 feet is impressive. That's about equal to putting every shot on someone's mask at 90 feet. I have plans to put a red dot on mine before this upcoming season starts. I'm hoping to reduce my paint usage further as I'll now have an even better judgment of where my shots will go before shooting.

This post has been edited by Jackson: 19 January 2008 - 12:22 PM

#20 User is offline   TheReaper 

• PipPip

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

Will offset rails like a Lapco work on the Blazer? I want a centerfeed. Let me clarify what I meant by spraying. When I'm 10 feet away and am forced to bushwhack my way into a kill, it's nice to be able to spit out enough paint to turn a house rainbow. That and sometimes people are really cocky, thus making 3 well aimed shots insufficient suppression. I'm usually a flanker, I'm always on their angles so I need accuracy because I don't to get 3 feet away for a kill and I need RoF so if I have to resort to it I can. It's like having a sidearm, you don't always need it, but when you do need it, it helps A LOT.

This post has been edited by TheReaper: 19 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

Word.

#21 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hatchet88

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

From what I've heard, the Blazer is top notch. The only things I've ever heard bad about them are things like "It's ugly," or "I don't like the way it feels."

And you don't NEED RoF. I agree wholeheartedly with Jackson. I'm a pretty devout pump player, but I play semi occasionally if I'm injured or it's too cold for 12grams. Anything you can't do with 4-6bps, you sure as hell can't accomplish with 12-20. If you find that you absolutely need a high RoF, you might want to look into playing pump or going to a clinic. You obviously need to improve your game if you're using rate of fire to win your matches. I'm not saying it isn't useful, and I'm not saying that it doesn't work. But it's much cheaper, much more effective, and much more satisfying to use skill and not volume.

This post has been edited by Hatchet: 19 January 2008 - 05:03 PM

The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

^I think I'll just leave it that way. It suits me.

#22 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

i've never once needed to rely on heavy paint volume with my Blazer. You will find your first shots are already on target and you won't need a stream behind them.

#23 User is offline   TheReaper 

• PipPip

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:50 PM

I understand you don't need high RoF, but it does make speedball and bushwhacking a wee bit easier.

And did y'all both to read my last post? I said I'm a flanker, I don't stand there and just spray endless streams of paint into a target. It is useless to do so, which is why I want a Blazer, so I can just tag them with one shot from a flank so I won't have to get as close. But when I get close, I like to be able to shoot a little bit faster.

This post has been edited by TheReaper: 19 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

Word.

#24 User is offline   shade 

• Shade: A disembodied spirit... a ghost
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ramapo

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:37 PM

View PostTheReaper, on Jan 19 2008, 05:50 PM, said:

I understand you don't need high RoF, but it does make speedball and bushwhacking a wee bit easier.

And did y'all both to read my last post? I said I'm a flanker, I don't stand there and just spray endless streams of paint into a target. It is useless to do so, which is why I want a Blazer, so I can just tag them with one shot from a flank so I won't have to get as close. But when I get close, I like to be able to shoot a little bit faster.

I use a reloader b2 on my blazer and can shoot as fast as I can pull the trigger. I can probably get somewhere between 5-8bps. I'm also not completely gotten used to the trigger pull yet and I'm sure when I am I will be able to nail 8bps easily. I probably will never shoot that fast but its always there if I need it.
The hardest enemy to defeat is the one you cannot find.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users