• You cannot reply to this topic

Seasonal Ghillie Suits Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   LoneScout 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Lonescout

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

What would be the best Ghillie suits to purchase online for each of the 4 seasons:
1. Spring
2. Summer
3. Fall
4. Winter

Any advice would be great.

LoneScout

#2 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

Action Ghillie.

Buy yourself a pair of ultralights from SpecOps. Then buy Action Ghillie Density Kits. All you do is zip tie it on. At the end of the season, cut the zip ties off and apply the new material.

#3 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

If you tell us about where you play and what its like in those areas during those seasons I am sure we could give you some solid advice.

#4 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:27 AM

View PostLoneScout, on Nov 26 2009, 05:40 PM, said:

What would be the best Ghillie suits to purchase online for each of the 4 seasons:
1. Spring
2. Summer
3. Fall
4. Winter

Any advice would be great.

LoneScout

The key criteria to determine ghillie suit camouflage scheme is the environment of intended use. Where I live and play, a woodland scheme seems to be most adaptable to a variety of fields regardless of season. A ghillie suit works best if you can improvise and add some local field cover to it. Some fields don't take kindly to that, because if everyone did that, the field would be stripped bare in no time, so you may have to go to a craft store or department and improvise with some artificial vegetation. Michael's has a good selection, and sometimes Walmart has a decent selection of artificial cover. You can buy a ghillie suit for one field application, and buy additional string and tie in to current suit to adapt to changing seasons or other field applications.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:57 AM

^ to add, all I do is simply drag my ghillie, roll around or even toss natural veg, on me before or during the game, that way I have it on. As for what to use for each season is environment. Also, for winter, you dont always need a winter ghillie. All you need is something to wear that is white. I found using a painters jump suit and even cutting the pants off or spray painting randon green and black on it, works well. Also, I found a sniper viel in white that I can put over my head and mask and remove easily. More importantly I can see out it without much vision blur.Basically do what you would for any ghillie, go out check what is there for color, and vegetation and then decide on what to use.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#6 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:32 AM

View PostSFC. Connell, on Nov 29 2009, 07:57 AM, said:

^ to add, all I do is simply drag my ghillie, roll around or even toss natural veg, on me before or during the game, that way I have it on.

Commonly referred to as "seasoning"...just don't drag it through any poison ivy/oak.

As for what to use for each season is environment. Also, for winter, you dont always need a winter ghillie. All you need is something to wear that is white. I found using a painters jump suit and even cutting the pants off or spray painting randon green and black on it, works well. Also, I found a sniper viel in white that I can put over my head and mask and remove easily. More importantly I can see out it without much vision blur.Basically do what you would for any ghillie, go out check what is there for color, and vegetation and then decide on what to use.

A BDU turned inside out works pretty well also, and sniper veils are effective in any season. Even when I don't play the sniper role, I carry and use sniper veils as improvised camouflage, and these make good towels and neck wraps, too.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

It really does depend on where you are in the world. Climates dictate what colors you use. local vegetation dictates what colors you use and when.

Do you play in a grassland environment? Do you play in a forest environment? Do you play in a CQB environment? Do you play in a desert environment? How often does it snow?

Many things are considered in making a quality ghillie suit. Pictures also help for reference. A knack for colors helps with color matching (both of my parents are 60 year old artists, I inherited my mom's eye for color). I'm personally working on a self made ghillie. Building it pretty much from the ground up, basing it on Multicam colors. I've spent years on researching how snipers made ghillies. Some ask how I know so much and to be honest I asked any sniper I could, talked to various people (even a veteran who built his own and turned around and bought mine so I could build this one.) grabbed up articles, read things anywhere I could find them, watched as many documentaries as I could find, on and on. I learned lingo and pretty soon I found out I could make a good ghillie anytime for anywhere.

Try taking some photos of places similar to where you play in different seasons, make notes of the colors. Write down the color for each season you notice is the most dominant then follow it with writing down the color that is the second most dominant and so-on and so-forth. Focus on in the winter time what the area looks like when you most often play, this way for most occasions your ghillie has a better chance of blending in, meaning less work for you to conceal yourself during and before games.

As you have those lists, buy the appropriate amount of netting and jute or burlap or even camo-netting if that is your choice.

As far as BDUs to use, you don't need much, if you are wearing a ghillie with the cammies, simple colors like tan, dark earth/Coyote Brown, olive drab green will work well. The reason is that these cammies when used with a ghillie, serve as a backing, if they're close enough to see the ghillie backing, you only have a split second before you're hit anyway irregardless of what cammies you use.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users