• You cannot reply to this topic

OK D-Day estimate on prices and needed gear Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CAN77 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CAN77

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:21 PM

other than getting there and paying board how much money wouuld have to be spent on paint entering the event, and gas?

Thank You

#2 User is offline   MedicOni 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:31 PM

When I played in 07 I only bought 1 case and used about half during the week... As for money... I went through a grand between gas and toys :D

#3 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

View PostMedicOni, on Apr 27 2009, 05:31 PM, said:

When I played in 07 I only bought 1 case and used about half during the week... As for money... I went through a grand between gas and toys :laugh:

See, I am concerned about the cost. I've had times where I played a scenario and shot 1 box of paint, even though I bough 3. Then I've had times where I bought one box and shot 4 cases and ended up paying the extra 45 for the paint.

#4 User is offline   MedicOni 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

View PostTim Burton, on May 5 2009, 06:39 PM, said:

When I played in 07 I only bought 1 case and used about half during the week... As for money... I went through a grand between gas and toys :dry:

See, I am concerned about the cost. I've had times where I played a scenario and shot 1 box of paint, even though I bough 3. Then I've had times where I bought one box and shot 4 cases and ended up paying the extra 45 for the paint.

Keep in mind, I played pump all week... And even when I play semi it's mag fed, so it's limited paint. I spend more for toys than anything.

#5 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:39 AM

View PostMedicOni, on May 5 2009, 08:46 PM, said:

View PostTim Burton, on May 5 2009, 06:39 PM, said:

When I played in 07 I only bought 1 case and used about half during the week... As for money... I went through a grand between gas and toys :D

Keep in mind, I played pump all week... And even when I play semi it's mag fed, so it's limited paint. I spend more for toys than anything.

Oh, that explains everything now.

#6 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

View PostCAN77, on Apr 27 2009, 08:21 PM, said:

other than getting there and paying board how much money wouuld have to be spent on paint entering the event, and gas?

Thank You

Consider the following:

1. Distance from your residence to the field in miles. Double that for round trip.
2. Fuel efficiency of your vehicle. Calculate how many tanks it will take for round trip.
3. Take your average, National fuel cost and multiply that times 1.5 (so you over-budget for fuel). That's your fuel cost.
4. Paint is cheapest/$65 per case to around $100 for premium grade.
5. How long are you going to be there? Every day or just for the 'big games' on Sat/Sunday. The week days have 3 hour mini games, Sat and Sun are 8 hr games.
6. Consider your playing style, marker used (mech or electro) and how much playing you will do. What is your normal paint consumption for a day of rec play with a lot of players? Now figure on doubling that.
7. Air/Co2 is free.
8. Food for the amount of days you are there. 3 meals a day x's ___ days. WATER....you need GALLONS of water....figure on that as well.
9. Emergency cash. Crack a goggle lens? Have $$ to get a new lens from a vendor.
10. Impulse buyer? There are going to be a LOT of vendors there.

That is the BASIC formula I use to attend big games like this. Obviously I take more but this will give you a starting point for planning..
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users