Special Ops Paintball: Oh No! I May Have Broken My Baby! Krazy8 / MacDev Geniuses Com - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oh No! I May Have Broken My Baby! Krazy8 / MacDev Geniuses Com

#16 User is offline   Malu 

• VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:AutomagSniper

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:43 PM

Oh oh! I just cleaned and re lived the Gladiator. I'm sure I have the shims in correctly. I put them in like this:

)()()()(

Now if I shake the regulator I can here a little rattle, like the shims aren't tight or something. I'm having another issue too. I unscrewed the adjusting screw all the way and removed it. Now when I put it back in after I assembled the reg it only goes so far in and then it acts like it's stripped. It turns and turns but it won't go any futher. It's barely under being flush with the reg :).

#17 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:34 AM

Yes the shims are correct. And yes they will rattle untill you put air on the gun...no worries there since it is normal.

Hmmm. the reg adjusment screw. The best way to check on that is to break it down til you can see the screw going into the bottom cap all by itself from the inside.

Yes I know is sucks and all....but it is a regulator and easy to dis-assemble.

#18 User is offline   Malu 

• VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

View PostKrazy8, on Jun 29 2010, 11:34 AM, said:

Yes the shims are correct. And yes they will rattle untill you put air on the gun...no worries there since it is normal.

Hmmm. the reg adjusment screw. The best way to check on that is to break it down til you can see the screw going into the bottom cap all by itself from the inside.

Yes I know is sucks and all....but it is a regulator and easy to dis-assemble.

Alright, will do. I just don't want to air it up if the adjuster screw isn't doing anything and blow every o-ring the thing has.

Another question, this time my Phantom (why is this happening to me?) my 12 gram changer is leaking. But the piece of metal that pierces the 12 grams is chipped, so do I need a new one? Or what could be wrong? Ugh...

#19 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

The piercing assembly has a urethane seal and the piercing point. Yes they can fail due to poor quality 12grams.

It will not leak from the broken piering tip....but that tip piece might have gotten jamed into the seal and left a ding cuasing the leak.

Try to inspect the face of the seal with a good light and maybe a magnifier. If the face is smooth and not damaged you smiply need to tighten the changer a bit more during the piering of the 12gr.

#20 User is offline   Malu 

• VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:12 AM

View PostKrazy8, on Jun 29 2010, 12:02 PM, said:

The piercing assembly has a urethane seal and the piercing point. Yes they can fail due to poor quality 12grams.

It will not leak from the broken piering tip....but that tip piece might have gotten jamed into the seal and left a ding cuasing the leak.

Try to inspect the face of the seal with a good light and maybe a magnifier. If the face is smooth and not damaged you smiply need to tighten the changer a bit more during the piering of the 12gr.

Hmm, I'll take a look at that and get back to you in a second here.

Your the man Krazy 8, I took a look and there wasn't even a seal in there...But I had a spare so I just popped one in there and now it's good as new! Thanks again! I'll have more questions for you I'm sure tonight when I get my hands on the Cyborg again.

How do I dissassemble the bottom half of the regulator?

This post has been edited by Malu: 29 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

#21 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:47 PM

Unscrew the bottom works, remove the adjustment screw and use something (coat hanger wire or the like) to push out the reg seat, seat washer and the adjuster ball from the bottom. That keeps you from damaging the reg seat.

Page 8 of the manual will help clarify that.

When you put it back together use just a tiny bit of lube on the seat oring. Not to seal the air way but to help the oring to slide in without rolling and getting pinched.

#22 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

http://members.iinet...ocus/index.html

my favorite site for help

#23 User is offline   Malu 

• VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

View PostKrazy8, on Jun 29 2010, 02:47 PM, said:

Unscrew the bottom works, remove the adjustment screw and use something (coat hanger wire or the like) to push out the reg seat, seat washer and the adjuster ball from the bottom. That keeps you from damaging the reg seat.

Page 8 of the manual will help clarify that.

When you put it back together use just a tiny bit of lube on the seat oring. Not to seal the air way but to help the oring to slide in without rolling and getting pinched.

God, please excuse my stupidity today. I've been training like no other with very little rest, I was trying to use the other screw on the Gladiator (the seemingly useless one) to adjust the pressure. Jeez, maybe I just need some rest. So I'll be getting an air fill and tuning the Cyborg tomorrow. If all goes well it will get to see the field later tomorrow too! :tup:

View Postp8blr, on Jun 29 2010, 03:22 PM, said:

http://members.iinet...ocus/index.html

my favorite site for help

Why have I never seen this before?!? Thank you!

#24 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

The original BorgFocus was let go. They stopped hosting pictures and such.

We used our team server and created a full copy of the original site with the original owners permission.

This link is far more helpful...but still the same stuff p8blr was helping with

http://www.macdevog....ocus/index.html

The forums are out of date at macdevog.com though. It just never took root, so we just let it sit there.

#25 User is offline   Malu 

• VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

Huh. Interesting. I'm excited to get the 'Borg out tomorrow. Hopefully it's up and running nicely and I can finally go out and enjoy her!

#26 User is offline   Malu 

• VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

I'm having troubles Krazy8. Adjusting the LPR doesn't seem to do anything at all to my velocity. I'll keep messing with it but it looks like the only way for me to hit 280 FPS. I'll keep the regulator 200psi then I'll just keep messing with the LPR. I'll keep you updated. I really want to use this thing today. :wacko:

Grr. I must have messed something up. Here's what I did:

LPR all the way flush with the LPR cap, regulator adjusted to 200psi.

Shot a bunch - Roughly 220 FPS with major flucuations. Like 20-40 FPS flucuations

Turned the LPR in, shot, turned it in again, shot. All the way until the LPR was all the way in. I was still getting the same results as before. Another thing, the regulators recharge is INSANELY slow now. That's why I think I messed something up. I mean like a 3-5 second recharge. If I shoot twice in a row fast, the second shot will land a few feet in front of me. God I'm getting sick of this. I just want it to work! So now what do I do? Take the regulator back apart? The LPR too?

Jesus, everything I touch is breaking. I picked up the backup, my Dangerous Powers G3 and it won't freaking work either. I may have to go home and grab the Mini. I better go check and see if the Phantom still works. This is rediculous.

I've been having erratic velocities with my Phantom, today I found out my nylon screw is stripped. Seriously, I'm so pissed off. I'm contemplating quiting paintball all together. I leave for basic in a freaking month anyways. I have to borrow a marker tonight, and I have 5 freaking markers. I can't explain my frusteration right now.

This post has been edited by Malu: 30 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users