Special Ops Paintball: In Loving Memory of Thomas N. Moore - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

In Loving Memory of Thomas N. Moore Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hessian Trooper 

• From out of no-where...
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:hessian trooper

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:52 AM

Tom was co-owner of Friendly Fire Paintball in Upton Ma.

Sadly, Tom passed away on Wednesday February 25, 2009 at the age of 59.

He is survived by his wife Linda and his daughter Liliana and will be greatly missed.

Tom was a United States Army Vietnam Veteran.

Please share a Memory of Tom.

www.friendlyfire-paintball.com
Sponsored by: www.savephace.com

In the dark shadow of the grove, on the margin of the brook, he beheld something huge, misshapen and towering. It stirred not, but seemed gathered up in the gloom, like some gigantic monster ready to spring upon the traveller.

www.newenglandrangers.org

#2 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:24 AM

Tom was a great guy, he will surely be missed. I vote we have a memorial game in his name.
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#3 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

:blink:

Wow that sucks... how did he die?

#4 User is offline   steeelman 

• Cartmen
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steeel Reserve

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

This is truely a sad day for all of us in paintball but mostly for Steeel Reserve. Tom and Linda gave us our start, we are who we are because of that faithfull day in the rain in our truck talking to Tom about running a game called Transformers at Friendly Fire. 5 years later we are bigger than I would have ever thought and it is all due to the faith that Tom had in me as a writer and Steeel Reserve as a team. I am truely saddend and give my respects to Linda and their lovely daughter Lili. Tom we dedicate this season to you and know that you are up there cheering us on and smiling at all the great things that you yourself help start.

One last note I will always remember Tom riding on the golf cart or 4 wheeler with Lili on his lap always smiling as he approached us. RIP to one of the greatest owners in Paintball history

Sincerly
Chris Chamberland
Steeel Reserve

This post has been edited by steeelman: 07 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

#5 User is offline   Hessian Trooper 

• PipPip

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

He had a very heroic fight with Cancer.

Frankly, I was devastated by the news. He was a true example of how to live life. I will miss him a lot.

In the dark shadow of the grove, on the margin of the brook, he beheld something huge, misshapen and towering. It stirred not, but seemed gathered up in the gloom, like some gigantic monster ready to spring upon the traveller.

#6 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

On April 4th, Friendly Fire opens for the season, Team Brute Force will be there supporting Tom and his field. If any teams or individuals out there know how awesome Tom was i recommend all of you coming. In my mind April 4th should be dedicated to him, and TBF will be playing for him the entire day, and season.

So please, come meet up with us opening day at Friendly Fire - April 4th, in Memory of Tom.
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#7 User is offline   steeelmanblue 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:steeel reserve

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:34 PM

Steeel reserve will be there
steeel reserve for life

#8 User is offline   Mike_Crazy_Legs 

• Don't let up...
  • Pip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

I remember the first time I played there, it was just a small group of us because I think it was Mother's day. He played with us and let me borrow his gun when I ran out of air. Fun, funny guy who always had a smile on his face for everyone.

I am amazed at how much Friendly Fire has grown since that day I first played when it was just a few people, a few forts, and the village, to what Friendly Fire is today (and how many people it draws!). There were no helecopters, no roads, no bathrooms (just an outhouse), no Fill 'n grill, no speedball court... I'm sure I'm missing some stuff. There's no better example and memory of Tom than the field itself.

I'll miss him.

#9 User is offline   stoli 

• Immortals XO
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLI

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

That is sad news for the local paintball community. My thoughts are with his family and the Friendly Fire staff.

#10 User is offline   PANDORA 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:IMMORTAL WARTHOG

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:51 AM

I personally didn't play there often enough to know which one Tom was, or maybe it was just that I do my own thing and play, not socialize, but every day there was a great day of play. My first day ever playing paintball was at FF, a bachelor party for a high school buddy. I used a borrowed 98 Flatline, the bachelor used a borrowed Mag. I was addicted after that.

I will try to make it to opening day, 4/4 in his memory.

Greg.
Age is a state of mind. I refuse to grow up.

#11 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

The Opening Day has been changed to March 28th.
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:

#12 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:34 PM

Wow, that is horrible. :D He was a great guy. My first few times playing at a field were at Friendly Fire, and he was always there and really friendly. My friends and i played there so much he would often give us free drinks and stuff, we never asked, he just gave cause he knew we played there a lot.

When we played there first scenario they ever had there, he was talking to everyone, asking how he should improve it, what would you like to see done to make it better. How could he make you have a better experience. Always trying to make it a better field, always trying to keep his customers happy. You couldn't ask for a better field owner.

I am sad i haven't played at FF in a few years now. :( Really sad that i never got to say a final thank you and goodbye to him. He truly was great. Helped all my friends and i get a good start in the game of PB. Made us see how much fun the game could truly be at a great field :( He will truly be missed. :( I'll have a drink for him in his name. :(

I am wicked sad i am on the west coast right now and not in MA. When is the funeral? Is there a wake? :( Damn this just sucks. :(

edit: how did i miss this thread for so long??? damn i need to come in this section more often.

This post has been edited by Legato: 18 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#13 User is offline   Hessian Trooper 

• PipPip

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

Hi Legato. I did not find out until weeks after. Linda posted it on the Friendly Forum. That was a rough day. I sure she would be happy to hear your kind words on their forum.

#14 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...t&p=2346668

Pictures from today are up, yes I know I'm God.

#15 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

Check out some photos and video of us at opening day.

Click Here to View Photos
Click Here to View Video

**Becc I hope you don't mind i added the photos you took of us at opening day onto our website, i apologize for not introducing myself also.
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users