• You cannot reply to this topic

Snipers unit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   McCoy 

• Ghost Leader 101
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Leader 101

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

I am no sniper but I do have one and the sniper in him came out this weekend and it was a "honor" to be taken out by him.
Of course I was ticked about it but idc.

Anyways are you fellow snipers tired of people closing topics?
I just read the "is it ok to shoot 16 balls at one person" or something like that.
AND IT WAS CLOSED!
That just ticks me off bc the kid wanted some advice and they closed it.

#2 User is offline   Voky 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TOP NOTCH

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:16 PM

It got closed because he got his advice, and the thread just became a Flame war of Sniper Haters vs. Snipers.

Edit: woops..Im on my bros account..This is really T-Freak

This post has been edited by VokyFan29: 01 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

Lover of Chick-fil-A #1
PM me for a #
Alabamian #1

#3 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

Lots of the closed topics are closed because there's MANY MANY others exactly like it that exist at the same time.

-Tenacious

#4 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

You really are a sniper. You ghost flanked your original opening line and threw your real reason for starting the thread at the end, nice.
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#5 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• my phone# 1-773-509-5027 :]
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:X7Sabre

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:32 PM

i see what you mean and i agree with you, but the mods or adms can close any topic they want and there is nothing you can go about it
Let All Snipers Unite Under One Banner
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)
Official Sniper #1
I'm a christian paintballer - Isaiah 40:31
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

#6 User is offline   McCoy 

• Ghost Leader 101
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

thanks for the replies so far....

#7 Guest_ghostsniper09_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:47 AM

damn, i know. It just TINKLEes me off when people, aka mods, close topics just for the hell of it! All i wanted was some damn advice and they close it. But you know what............the hell with it i can just go join another site where they have better forums! Screw specialops. :evil:

#8 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

anger+ management.
But I understand don't worry, maybe we should all petition to them.

#9 Guest_ghostsniper09_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:31 PM

View PostMatch99, on Apr 7 2008, 01:24 PM, said:

anger+ management.
But I understand don't worry, maybe we should all petition to them.

how do you supose we do that?

#10 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:32 PM

View Postghostsniper09, on Apr 5 2008, 12:47 PM, said:

damn, i know. It just TINKLEes me off when people, aka mods, close topics just for the hell of it! All i wanted was some damn advice and they close it. But you know what............the hell with it i can just go join another site where they have better forums! Screw specialops. :rolleyes:

Love you too bro...love you too...

-Tenacious

#11 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:43 PM

View PostMcCoy, on Apr 1 2008, 04:13 PM, said:

I am no sniper but I do have one and the sniper in him came out this weekend and it was a "honor" to be taken out by him.
Of course I was ticked about it but idc.

Anyways are you fellow snipers tired of people closing topics?
I just read the "is it ok to shoot 16 balls at one person" or something like that.
AND IT WAS CLOSED!

You know why it was closed? Because it was a dead horse. Everyone had already told him what he needed to do and it was just repeating the same information over and over again. And the person had repeatedly bumped the thread to the top AFTER everyone had told him everything they could to help him. He refused to accept that help, and kept spamming the forum. For that, the thread was closed. He had already been helped!

View Postghostsniper09, on Apr 5 2008, 10:47 AM, said:

damn, i know. It just TINKLEes me off when people, aka mods, close topics just for the hell of it! All i wanted was some damn advice and they close it. But you know what............the hell with it i can just go join another site where they have better forums! Screw specialops. :rolleyes:

I could have warned you for spam, making threats against another member, and racial comments. I chose to be nice to you because you were new. I guess you didn't appreciate that. If there's any question whether that thread needed closing, it's all right HERE. If you want to leave because I did my job after you broke the rules, door's to your left. It's less work for us.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 07 April 2008 - 01:55 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#12 User is offline   McCoy 

• Ghost Leader 101
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

ok guys no spamming here or name calling.
I don't want this topic closed either.

#13 User is offline   hellstorm117 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:hellstorm117

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:21 AM

why wouldn't you want this closed? Its kinda pointless now. The Mods have spoken. Sorry but A Mods word is equivalent Gods word here.
:(
slip out the back before they know you were there

#14 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:31 AM

See, mod even rhymes with god.

#15 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:56 AM

Well, one might argue that this thread SHOULD be closed. And should have been a long time ago.

This thread was posted in the "Sniper HQ". The first part of the author's post was about snipers, and being impressed with a mysterious sniper's shot that got him out.

THEN, we have a sudden redirect about threads getting closed. Sorry....that's not really about snipers. That's about forum concerns; in other words, questioning the mods. So, this thread has had such a sudden off-topic shift that my post is suddenly ON topic!

Frankly, I have yet to see more then a tiny handful of threads closed prematurely. OVER THREE YEARS. So when 5-6 threads are closed prematurely over a period of more than a thousand days (and hundreds of posts within each day), I'd say the mods are definitely NOT closing at random or "just whenever". And before you go saying that I don't just look at all the closed threads, think again. One thing you guys would notice if you check out my patterns is that I almost never get a thread of mine closed without ME requesting it. Why? Because I do two things:

1. I read the forum rules. Which you all have done, too. And if you haven't, then you effectively lied to the staff when you signed up. Sure, I had a couple of times where I broke the rules. I accepted the fact, learned from it, and moved forward. I even have a better sig because of it.
2. I read ALL of the closed threads. Why? Because I want to find out why they were closed. I have a good grasp on what defines a "dead topic", or necroposting, or getting off topic (which is why I'm surprised this has remained open with two mods posting in it).

I'm sorry, but the thread you were referring to (that WardenWolf closed) was answerd by post FIVE. Yet, for some reason, people continued to answer, get WAAAAAAY off topic (how it morphed into Jewish basketball stars, I still don't know), and it went to page 4 before the madness was stopped. It should really have never gone past page 1. Question asked, answered, confirmed a thousand times, and then you want to complain about the fact that it was closed?

View PostMcCoy, on Apr 1 2008, 05:13 PM, said:

Yes, the player wanted advice. He got it. MANY TIMES OVER. And the amazing thing is that he got it closed himself. He bumped it, and despite HEAVY off-topic posting, it was the author's own mistake that got it closed. Frankly, the mods were being overly nice in that case.

As a friend of mine would say, "Carry on".
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users