Special Ops Paintball: An important update to field rules/ safety checks - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An important update to field rules/ safety checks Masks should be inspected by refs prior to games

#16 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

Players have to take care of there own stuff, the refs cant spend all that time making sure people aren't stupid enough to play with a broken mask. Its the players responsibility.
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#17 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

View PostGauss, on Aug 13 2009, 10:34 AM, said:

The players should be able to take care of themselves.

View PostAnti Hero, on Aug 13 2009, 12:44 PM, said:

View PostGauss, on Aug 13 2009, 07:34 AM, said:

The players should be able to take care of themselves.

Agreed, but they don't. I always check my mask, marker and tank. I even do the liberty of checking new players gear, especially rentals.

View PostMOATI, on Oct 11 2009, 07:43 PM, said:

I'm a huge advocate of personal responsibility and for players assisting other players.

I am NOT an advocate of adding more responsibility on fields that are already typically under-staffed and by people that are often under-trained.

Just to be clear...I agree completely with your checklist...but players should be taking care of checking those things themselves.

nuff said....except to add: "If the player is too lazy or stupid to check their own gear, they shouldn't be playingt the game AT ALL.

......and this is an old topic that was laid to rest a long time ago...let's keep it that way.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#18 User is offline   wbsniper94 

• "what a man fears most is what he cannot see"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:wbsniper94

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

View PostMOATI, on Oct 11 2009, 07:43 PM, said:

I'm a huge advocate of personal responsibility and for players assisting other players.

I am NOT an advocate of adding more responsibility on fields that are already typically under-staffed and by people that are often under-trained.

Just to be clear...I agree completely with your checklist...but players should be taking care of checking those things themselves.

I agree with this point of veiw, I dont think the refs should have that responsiblity. If one does not have the maturity to take care of his or her self, then maybe an accident will be a wake up call for them. I know that is harsh, but we learn from mistakes, we don't learn anything when other are forced to clean up after us or when someone else is responsible for our own actions.

Edit: Unquoted some things, post was just too long..

This post has been edited by wbsniper94: 15 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

SHAMELESS GUYS unite !!!!!!! PUZ for PREZ
Shameless guys quote #1: "Real men eat burgers, not pie or ikes, that's just an epic fail."

#19 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

Proper fit Check/ fail- This is basically the only thing that should be done and before every game I tell players to make sure there masks are tight and tell them to pull clips outward if they arent...but frankly its their fault if they dont put them on correctly and if they get shot in the eye they are almost definitely going to get a settlement regardless of the situation.

No large tears in straps check/fail- Your mask will be ripped off before any sort of tear/rip fully destroys a strap.

No cracks in lens check/fail- There is only 1 lens in paintball that can cause any damage to your eyes if its cracked then shot again and that is from a specific raven mask...there hard to find and most fields dont allow them because of the terrible ear protection...the only way that the injury can occur is if the mask breaks and the top of frames and the bottom causing it to fall...youd also need the lens to be cracked down the middle.

No cracked plastic on any part of mask check/fail- I cannot think of a single mask that could break and cause anything more than a little scrape from the protruding plastic I work at a field and have seen just about any mask thats been on market.

#20 User is offline   DeKes 

• Official Sabre #155
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DeKes

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

I definitely agree with you. I mean most experienced players are pretty responsible, and so will know if their goggles need to be repaired, but younger or newer players may not realize the dangers, espceially walk-ons. I mean, it's bad enough for anyone to have their goggles fall off and take a shot to the face, but if some 13 year old kid at a birthday party takes one, that's sad, and also dangerous accident that could have been prevented by such a safety check. Refs could do it before the player leaves the chrono, and they could then give a sticker or something signifying their marker and mask both pass. It's something field owners should definitely consider.

This post has been edited by DeKes: 25 March 2010 - 04:56 PM

|Tippmann A5 polished internals| Opsgear 416 shroud| Folding stock|lapco M4 mag| TechT Squishy paddles|
Homefield: EAS
Echo Company Paintball

#21 User is offline   whsoccerjc21 

• a hungry wolf
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:whsoccerjc21

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

Wait, are we talking every time you play or its a one time thing? Like once you have the sticker you just show the refs and your good for the day? Or is it like everywhere you go they check your mask before you play?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users