Ultimate Woodsball League Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Small Block 

• Old username= sbcs1085
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

View PostEl Toro Loco, on Feb 1 2009, 02:28 PM, said:

View PostSmall Block, on Feb 1 2009, 11:01 AM, said:

Atleast they're having an event on the EAST COAST.  Unlike someone else *coughSPPLcough*

Sorry but you guys up there have no one to blame but yourselves for lack of an event. Last year they put one up there and the actual attendance was laughable at best. How do you expect them to host events up thier if they can not get attendance.

Well, when we were trying to figure out what we were doing for 09 we were waiting for the schedule to come out as some of us showed an interest in the SPPL.  Needless to say we were disappointed to see nothing in the area.  Oh well I guess.

#17 User is offline   tomrcole 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

View Postghost93, on Jan 31 2009, 06:56 PM, said:

Woah, on your site it says $65 a person. That would mean like $650 a team, right? Thats a whole lot of money.

*EDIT* The positions are kinda lame IMO. Along with the marker classes. I think it would be better not to force a team to have certain types of players or use certain types of markers.

Yes it is $650 for a 10 man team. I am thinking that the BYOB will make up for the cost. We have no ids to buy. We are using a conference system where teams only have to play 2 events. The team that scores the most points will be crowned the Northern conference champions. This will cut down on cost and give teams something to show sponsors.

Keep the ideas coming! This new league needs your input!

Tom Cole

#18 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

View Posttomrcole, on Feb 2 2009, 12:30 AM, said:

Woah, on your site it says $65 a person. That would mean like $650 a team, right? Thats a whole lot of money.

*EDIT* The positions are kinda lame IMO. Along with the marker classes. I think it would be better not to force a team to have certain types of players or use certain types of markers.

Yes it is $650 for a 10 man team. I am thinking that the BYOB will make up for the cost. We have no ids to buy. We are using a conference system where teams only have to play 2 events. The team that scores the most points will be crowned the Northern conference champions. This will cut down on cost and give teams something to show sponsors.

Tom Cole

wow yeah 2 events would be pretty undo-able seeing as the closest event is at three rivers and that's probably a 5 hour drive if not more.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#19 User is offline   tomrcole 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

View Postsipbgod94, on Feb 1 2009, 11:42 PM, said:

Tom Cole

wow yeah 2 events would be pretty undo-able seeing as the closest event is at three rivers and that's probably a 5 hour drive if not more.

Sorry about that. i was speaking in general tearms not just to teams in NY. We are currently talking to 2 fields about adding a northeast/atlatic coast conference Cousins painball and OA the would be NY NJ DC

not all 3 but at least 2

Tom Cole

#20 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

View Posttomrcole, on Feb 2 2009, 01:03 AM, said:

View Postsipbgod94, on Feb 1 2009, 11:42 PM, said:

Tom Cole

Sorry about that. i was speaking in general tearms not just to teams in NY. We are currently talking to 2 fields about adding a northeast/atlatic coast conference Cousins painball and OA the would be NY NJ DC

not all 3 but at least 2

Tom Cole

well thanks for letting me know and yeah I get it you guys are new and do you know which cousins field that would be yet?
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#21 User is offline   LoneWolf99 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

Not real sure about the positions/marker-type restrictions. Certainly understand the concept behind it (level playing field), but if you start getting too rigid - you'll turn off quite a number of players.

Just my .02

#22 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

They don't come to PA til after I'm in boot camp... :laugh:
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#23 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

I think the marker restrictions are more to add more strategy to them game then anything guys
I liek the format,but getting 10 people commited around here is super hard
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#24 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

View Posttomrcole, on Feb 2 2009, 01:03 AM, said:

Dude, OA would be huge. That would attract PA, Maryland, Deleware, Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey, and New York.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#25 User is offline   pennywise229 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:pennywise229

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

i like the way your game is formatted but my only concern are the gun restrictions. I find it very hard to find a full auto only player...Would that heavy gunner have to just use full auto and could the be a semi auto paint thrower?

#26 User is offline   LoneWolf99 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

Like I said, I understand the idea of putting a limitation on markers (max allowed) - so if a team wanted to go all pump, that would be allowed.

As far as the strategy portion goes, 10 secs into the game, I can almost guarantee that any elaborate strategy will go out the window. Teams need to be flexible to react to changes on the field of play. I would expect 10 speedballers using simple tactics to play better than 10 woodsballers that try all kinds of different of high level strategies.

KISS - keep it simple, son - words to live by.

#27 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

View Postpennywise229, on Feb 2 2009, 09:55 PM, said:

i like the way your game is formatted but my only concern are the gun restrictions. I find it very hard to find a full auto only player...Would that heavy gunner have to just use full auto and could the be a semi auto paint thrower?

That position is there to allow the team to have a heavy gunner. There is no rule saying the heavy gunner must spray paint untill empty. All it is stating is that one guy on the team has no restictions on equipment load out.
If he want to shoot a Phantom then more power to him...on the flip side if he wants to shoot a Cyborg uncapped with a Chetahed Halo rolling 34 bps he is more than welcome to burn his hopper empty in 3.4 seconds.

#28 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

I'm practically as far as you can get from a field. This always happens.
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#29 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

View PostFlorentine, on Jan 31 2009, 07:35 PM, said:

Steel and I are trying to get a PA team together.

Where in PA are you? Check our forums out, we're based in western PA and I'm planning on sending a crew to the UWL event at TRP.
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

Man, the Woods are facing the same problem the Speedball arenas had...too many damn tournaments.
SPPL, WTL, and now this.

Not that it matters much for me, neither team I'm on will be attending.
What's with this 9V hopper stuff? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I take it to mean a hopper that runs on One 9V battery.

So my team that uses an assortment of guns (Bob Long to Ego to TM7), loading Pinokios, Halos, and VLocitys...we'd have to find new hoppers?
k thx bai
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users