Special Ops Paintball: Any plans for Hammerhead barrels for a Tiberius T9? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any plans for Hammerhead barrels for a Tiberius T9? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Deadly Milkman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:11 PM

I sent them an email asking but haven't gotten a response yet. (I just sent it about 30 min ago but I want an answer now lol)

..and how do they compare to LAPCO barrels? Better, worse, equal?

edit: crap I just read the 'dont post marker specific questions' sticky.. can a mod please move this to the appropriate forum?.. sorry and thanks

update:.. re-vised my post that i posted in another forum.. i'll just post it here:

I'm thinking of buying one of the two but I'm not sure which one...

A big factor for Lapco is the addition of the APEX tip but Hammerhead is still an option I just need more information/comparisons on the two.

What do you prefer or what do you think of the two?

If you have used BOTH of them please say so and what you like better.
If you have used ONE of them please say so and what you THINK is better.

This post has been edited by Deadly Milkman: 08 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

#2 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:29 PM

Hmm, well, Mods and Upgrades Room might be better, but this is close enough. And the answer is a no on the Hammerhead because of design constraints. Hammerhead's design cannot work with the T8 or T9 markers. Instead of being smart and using any of the countless available barrel threads, Tiberius used a proprietary dual-lug twistlock system. Hammerheads use a very small back section for the fins, and the rest of the barrel screws into it. Because of this, the design is inherently incompatible with the Tiberius system. The T8 and T9 need a longer barrel back to work than the Hammerhead system allows.

Lapco barrels are a bit better overall. There's really no question in my mind that they're the best on the market.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#3 User is offline   Deadly Milkman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

Thanks.. you've been full of information in other threads and you deliver here too lol..

I'm confused though because a mod in t8og.com says he is pretty sure he uses one on his tac8 and so does a team member of his

I'll post the link so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://www.t8og.com/forums/barrels-paint/1...barrel-t9s.html

#4 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sidesh0w

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:58 PM

YES they have a hammerhead that is made for the T8 and T9, its a single bore .690 with the lock grooves for both marker types.

it has the ability to screw on a fake supressor or muzzle brake

This post has been edited by Sideshow: 08 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

#5 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

Which means it's not a real Hammerhead in the traditional sense. It's just a single piece barrel that offers no benefit over the stock barrel. As I said, though, a regular Hammerhead can't work. Instead they just created another single piece barrel. No real benefit to using it since it's the same size as the stock brarel.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 08 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"

#6 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

WardenWolf, on Jul 8 2008, 08:04 PM, said:

Which means it's not a real Hammerhead in the traditional sense. It's just a single piece barrel that offers no benefit over the stock barrel. As I said, though, a regular Hammerhead can't work. Instead they just created another single piece barrel. No real benefit to using it since it's the same size as the stock brarel.

it does improve accuracy at a better distance

Using a stock Tac-8 I can hit a milkjug from 50 feet 8 /10 times, I can shoot the same target from 65 feet now with 85% hit accuracy, whereas stock barrel from 65 feet I drop to 60%

#7 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:18 PM

I'm still looking for 1 thing about these markers that isn't hype. Fact is, I can buy a pistol for half the price that'll perform the same as a Tac8 and be better in many respects. Everything about them is a money pit. I got a $100 Zeus G1, it's just as accurate, gets 24 shots per 12-gram just like the Tac8, and the only thing I added to it was a quick cap. Total investment: $130. What do I get? Faster reload (can reload the magazine faster than changing a Tac8's mag) and total field sustainability (can change 12-grams on field and reload the magazine quickly and easily). A 25% bigger magazine capacity as well. If you want comparable capabilities with a Tac8, you'll wind up spending over $300 for a single pistol.

#8 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:22 PM

WardenWolf, on Jul 8 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

I'm still looking for 1 thing about these markers that isn't hype. Fact is, I can buy a pistol for half the price that'll perform the same as a Tac8 and be better in many respects. Everything about them is a money pit. I got a $100 Zeus G1, it's just as accurate, gets 24 shots per 12-gram just like the Tac8, and the only thing I added to it was a quick cap. Total investment: $130. What do I get? Faster reload (can reload the magazine faster than changing a Tac8's mag) and total field sustainability (can change 12-grams on field and reload the magazine quickly and easily). A 25% bigger magazine capacity as well. If you want comparable capabilities with a Tac8, you'll wind up spending over $300 for a single pistol.

I agree with the cost to performance ratio. I jsut have one of the first Tac-8's and it has yet to let me down, so I havent even touched other pistols because of my ol'reliable lol

for those who want to get into pistols, I think they should find what suits them best in their budget, BUT this is paintball, you can never have too much...lol My stock X7 with E-grip has OVER 1200 invested total in it, why? because its a habit :) And there is never an end :)

#9 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

The X-7 is one thing. It's a full size marker, and it has the ability to actually be rather good. There's nothing wrong with blowbacks, particularly well-designed ones like the X-7. And you can stop wherever you want, and be satisfied that you have a nice marker with no glaring problems. It's a marker you can upgrade, it will benefit from upgrading, but you don't HAVE to upgrade it. The Tac8 has 1 or 2 aftermarket upgrades available, none of which are worth it, and all of which leave the marker with glaring problems. That's my point: if you have one of these markers and like it, good for you, but don't waste your money on stuff that won't change the fact that it's a very limited pistol.

#10 User is offline   Deadly Milkman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

yay two mods (one for another forum) going off topic :P

#11 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

No, I'm telling you this: the Hammerhead barrel they're offering is not a normal Hammerhead, only has 1 bore size, and offers no huge benefit, and the Tac8 would not benefit much from upgrades to begin with. I'm telling you to save your money.

#12 User is offline   Deadly Milkman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:53 PM

edit: nvm im goin w/ lapco

This post has been edited by Deadly Milkman: 08 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

#13 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

WardenWolf, on Jul 8 2008, 08:47 PM, said:

No, I'm telling you this: the Hammerhead barrel they're offering is not a normal Hammerhead, only has 1 bore size

so then because hammerhead only offers 1 fin size for bruiser or WG-65 thread types its not a normal hammerhead?

Its a Hammerhead, period. If a person buys 1 fin back due to finances...say a .686, and uses only that, they still benifit over alot of other barrels, just as a person who runs only one fin size of a freak kit, which I have seen ALOT of people do, because it is a common size, and at times dont have a chance to swap backs out.

I have experimented with all 3 barrels for Tiberius, just because a person can find a pistol that can be upped cheaper, does not mean they know the benifits of upgrades on other pistols. I dont know the other pistols, so I wont make refrence to them, I do know these inside and out, and know the abilities of the 3 different barrels. and there IS an improvment with EITHER over stock, and me personally find the HH a worthy purchase, heck BOTH aftermarkets are great, having used both at last weekends scenario, I feel that I made a wise choice overall with getting the HH and stand behind it

#14 User is offline   BulletSponge 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BULLETSPONGE

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

I did not read all of this topic and i know its late but I have used the Tac 8 with and without a hammerhead and the diffrence can be seen at a longer range. as for the lapco I no nothing.

just my one cent
<b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->my feed back<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b> <a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=113302&st=0&gopid=1904011&#entry1904011" target="_blank">http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...p;#entry1904011</a>

Its just a paintball have fun and go home with some welts
its not how long you stay on the field, its how much you do in the time you get.

#15 User is offline   EthanB08 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ETHANB

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:15 PM

I canít seem to find this Hammerhead t8/9 barrel. But if it is manufactured by Hammerhead would it not be a Hammerhead barrel? Even then I'm not sure if it has a fin or not and if does have a fin therefore is a traditional Hammerhead. Even then in traditional sense, that is like saying any semi automatic paintball marker is not a paintball marker cause "traditional" or the original markers were all pumps, its like saying speedball isnít paintball in any way, because its not how it was traditionally played. Anyways Iím not too educated on this barrel but I would like to know where you can get the hammerhead t8/9 barrel, I checked the website didnít see anything fitting the t8/9 category.
Spetsnaz, When the only way to kill a terrorist is by a backflipping hatchet attack.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users