• You cannot reply to this topic

how to find land Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ostrich160 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ostrich160

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:33 AM

I am thinking of making my own game in leicester UK, but I dont know how to find somewhere to use. It must be a free to use field. If google, what exactly do I search?

#2 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

Just go to local fields and propose your idea to the field owner. Easiest way by far that i can think of. And no, it won't necessarily be free, you may have to fund them something incase the idea falls through, think maybe security deposit. Maybe not, but still a chance.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

View Postostrich160, on 05 March 2011 - 01:33 PM, said:

I am thinking of making my own game in leicester UK, but I dont know how to find somewhere to use. It must be a free to use field. If google, what exactly do I search?

Build up a relationship with a site and you may eventually be able to host a game for free.

This is how we began event hosting - first we became fairly regular players at the sites owned by a company, which only ran punter games.
We discussed walkons and scenarios quite often, were friendly and encouraged the punters.
Any who expressed an interest in more paintball to the owner were referred to us.

After a number of years we were granted use of the site for our own event.
In this agreement we paid nothing for use of the site, but also got none of the proceeds from the event.

All facilities were provided by the site (the site, marshalls, catering, insurance, bookings....)
All event specifics were provided by us (game scenario, event running, props, additional labour, building additional zones)

The risk to the site was that they would lose out on cash by closing to standard punters for one day.
The risk to us was basicaly our reputation.

Our first event had a response beyond our expectations.

What sort of game are you intending to run?

On a smaller scale if a site does not run walkons at the moment they may be willing tolet someone co-ordinate walkons.
This is often how a number of sites have begun walkons. The co-ordinator drums up the players, the site may provide a lower ratio of marshalls then they would to punters.

If you are interested in running larger events then be aware that in the last couple of years the events throughout the UK have increased rapidly and the calendar is pretty full. As a newcomer you will have to try pretty hard to attract players or anything more than a walkon.

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 20 March 2011 - 09:02 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users