• You cannot reply to this topic

Pregnant and Paintball? Offer some advice...please

#61 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

Congrats, Deutch! Your wife is hardcore, and you have a noob on the way. You sir are a lucky man.

I'm no doctor, but common sense says women need to stay in shape (thus healthy) while they're doubling up. And in my experience, plastic bubbles do more harm than good. Maybe during the last couple months, but I wouldn't worry about it. Seriously though, if you are worried, check with Doc.

(not this guy)
--->Posted Image

That said, I wouldn't let her play. Mostly for the other guy's sake. :laugh:

This post has been edited by Slivers: 16 April 2007 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#62 User is offline   AngryMonkey 

• "I can see in my mind, a world without war. I can also see
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AngryMonkey

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

It all depends on what stage of pregnancy she is in. In the early stages, she should be just fine. Towards the middle, wear a chest protector and dont do any diving or jumping. Late stages, dont play at all, much too risky.
Matthew Christy

#63 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:58 PM

Punch her in the stomach. See how she deals with it. :panzer:
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#64 User is offline   The Angry Platypus 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:20 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Apr 3 2007, 12:30 AM, said:

View PostSnipeangel, on Apr 2 2007, 02:37 PM, said:

I say let her play also. My ex is a nurse on a obgyn floor at the hospital and she says it would be fine. Women come in to her all the time when they've fallen or been punched by some prick and they are fine. Doc's all over let you run and excercize and all they do is suggest to ease off a bit as you come closer to term. With a little extra padding for the belly hits she should be fine. as long as she's not diving in to bunkers. Plus most on the feild will see her and hesitate to shoot her any ways.. But it's your call. I say trust the doc...

Agreed & well said.
Besides, there is another factor to consider about playing while preggers...what woman in her right mind (as right as it can be, under the circumstances) is going to actually WANT to play paintball past the second trimester? First tri - no danger, no problems, Second tri - starts getting harder to move, playing is not so fun.
Past that? Forget it - shes not going to want to get off the couch to fetch her own ice cream, so the idea of her getting up to run around playing paintball is almost absurd.
And just in case some crazy woman is actually motivated enough to WANT to play while 8 months pregnant, I guarantee that YOU wont want to be the one to suggest that she shouldn't - not unless you have good head start anyway (1st tri - 20ft, 2nd tri - 15ft, 3rd tri - 10 ft).

That was 1 of those nearly laugh things, but it was immensely funny.
Thalassa kai pur kai gune, kaka tria.
To gar hedu, ean polu, ou ti ge hedu.

#65 User is offline   Editor 

• Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Editor

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:54 PM

View PostSnipeangel, on Apr 2 2007, 02:37 PM, said:

And just in case some crazy woman is actually motivated enough to WANT to play while 8 months pregnant, I guarantee that YOU wont want to be the one to suggest that she shouldn't - not unless you have good head start anyway (1st tri - 20ft, 2nd tri - 15ft, 3rd tri - 10 ft).

Yeah, that falls under the category of "angry pregnant woman with paintball marker...." RUN!!

Dawn

#66 User is offline   Redlight 

• When the going gets tough, the tough go in!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Redlight

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:06 AM

With a marker, might need a bit more of a head start! ;)
A Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an Emergency on mine!
Visit My Feedback The Whiteboard - confusing non players since 2002
Firefighter Close Calls Visit My Brigade Page

#67 User is offline   Terriss 

• I am the ghillie cowboy.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Terriss

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

I would say no until she gets to a certain point (like showing). I'd say be extremely careful after three months.

Overall I'd say you're child over paintball, but if she is extremely adament about playing I'd say get some sort of padding like another chest protector.

If she doesn't like that idea then I'd say a pillow is the next best idea or get something like this: http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/infant...beson-9172.html

That's medieval padded armor or a "gambeson". It will soften the impact of a paintball by tenfold (I've tried it and barely felt the shots). When she gets to the point of REALLY bulging out she probably won't have the energy to play, but if she insists (boy are you lucky), just custom cut the armor so it will fit over her stomach.

If you can't afford the armor or just don't want to get it a bed comforter could do the same effect (not as effective, but you could double it up I guess).

View PostVeritech Squad, on Apr 17 2007, 03:58 PM, said:

Punch her in the stomach. See how she deals with it. :)

Thats cruel, but cruelly humorous.

98% of teenagers have tried pot. If your the 2% who havent, put this in your sig.

Writer's Unite! Join the UFWU! (Unofficial Facebook Writer's Union).

#68 User is offline   DanteDevil 

• Most Hated
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DanteDevil

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:09 PM

Honestly it was stupid to ask here. Nothing against anyone here but you shouldn't trust random people on the internet with the safety of a pregnant woman. You should deff. check w/the doctor just to be sure. Lol that being said I think she will realize when it's no longer a good idea to play. Preggers got like a 6th sense for baby stuff

#69 User is offline   NZ bush pig 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

View PostDeutch, on Mar 16 2007, 04:19 AM, said:

Here is the skinny. My younger brother and his wife just found out they are going to have a baby. I think the due date is sometime in November. They are both paintballers and play on a "for fun" team with me. She still wants to play paintball and I don't think it's a good idea. She asked her doctor and he said it was ok as long as she protected her stomach. Now I don't know if they explained exactly what paintball is to their doctor (running involved, velocity of the balls and wehat not) but I just don't like this idea. Does anybody have any advice in this area at all??

Let me know,
Thanks

If that is her choice good luck,i hope she wears good saftey gear,If i was playing i would shoot her in her stomach would that be a bad thing??...maybe maybe not but it was her choice to play,so what if i killed her baby??...would i be had up for murder or man slaughter??..why would i be held accountable if so?...these are just some of the things that come to mind.

in reality i would nt play her for those reasons and everyone that does play against her should know shes pregie .before they do play. i think i would shoot her.on any part of her body .she wants to play so be it.its just the game dont hate the player.

This post has been edited by NZ bush pig: 26 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

#70 User is offline   shadowstalker93 

• Practice equals perfection!!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:shadowwarrior93

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:41 PM

Tell her the food is at home and there is none on the field!!!!!most likely will work but when you get home you will definitely be out of food ;)

#71 User is offline   PaintballXD 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:06 PM

i would say no playing 4 her period.

#72 User is offline   Sniper Jedi 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sniper Jedi

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:14 PM

The solution is simple. Tank play. :P

#73 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:50 AM

I say play untill you can see her stomac starting to get rounder then stop bucause once the skin stretches it probably wont serv as goot protection for the baby

Tippman owners group #35

#74 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:02 AM

It's not the skin that protects the baby. It's the abdominal muscles.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users