Special Ops Paintball: Cyborg 07 board settings? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cyborg 07 board settings? I found the manual less than helpful.

#16 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

A HUGE thank you to everyone. I was shooting 10.5bps, PSP ramping, all day. Beautiful feeling, when your gun is flawless for 6 rounds.

By the way, why did nobody warn me I'd need to keep a towel nearby to wipe the drool of my lower jaw? I have NEVER shot anything this amazing! Well, I did sample a PE GEO, which was nice, but the 'Borg trumped the Marq 6, Ego 6, SL66, Ego 7, Ego 8, Viking, PMR, and E-cockers I've shot. And that was without adjusting anything before playing... so the inline pressure was too low, and the LPR pressure was too high, based on the efficiency counts I was getting. I can't wait till it's 'properly' set up!

Anyone know offhand how many 07 Pewter/Gold Cyborgs were made?
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#17 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

None were made factory in pewter/gold to my knowledge... although there were quite a few pewters made (it was a standard factory colour) with black accents and the gold accent kits weren't hard to get a hold of, really.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#18 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:51 AM

Ah, accent kits. Forgot such things existed.

I think I need to play with newer guns more often.
Feedback.

#19 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:56 AM

Welcome to the club. I have a hard time shooting other guns now...the borg is just too smooth!.

The pewter guns are not nearly as plentiful as black or clear were. Actually not common to see out there. We have one on the team and it was a custom order...had to wait for it.
Gold accent kits...while being easy to get after the fact were just not as popular. Could have been the price tag though. Boots has a gold kit on her '07...I must say it adds a nice little zing to the gun.

I have set mine up a few different ways over the last year just to see what I like the best. QUite honestly it is the method recomended by James at Macdev...go figure huh!?

Zero out your HPR and LPR so no air is entering the gun past the HPR when the system is charged with pressure.
slowly increase the pressure to 200 psi on the verticle ASA guage.
Then adjust the LPR till the guns shoots about 300 fps...then use the HPR to adjust down to desired chrono speed from there.
The next thing you do...stop adjusting it and play! Add paint...shoot people.

*Amendment to the above.*
If after you have adjusted the settings as stated above and you find that you need to increase the HPR and/or LPR periodically to keep the chrono speed where you want....stop! You need to clean the regulators for proper performance. Increasing the LPR to far may damage the solinoid or subplate manifold seals and creates huge problems later! Increasing the HPR too far will create kick and a load shot signature...not to mention use more air.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 09 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

#20 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=...5069&ref=nf

Yes, I love my Cyborg.

Oddly, I hadn't had time to clean it before use... which is something I almost always do. Turns out it was downright filthy inside, and needed a good scrubbing. I had lubed the ram and LPR, but not the HPR, and I hadn't cleaned the valve or ram bore.

Well, it still shot +/-4 with a horribly dirty and dry HPR, a gummy ram, and a dirty valve. Can't wait to shoot it with clean internals.

Oh, and by the way, I started at D-side Aztek in the video... they refer to me as "Nate" and "Son" while filming :P
Feedback.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users