Q-Loader / Warp feed hose search Looking for alternative tubing / hose

#1 User is offline   MovesLikeaShadow 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MovesLikeaShadow

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Hi guys !

I am working on a project where I need hose / tubing like that found on Q-loaders and Warp feed systems.

Once upon a time I heard there was an alternative method than buying the actual stuff made for it.

I have gone to my Ace, Lowes and Home Despot where I found bilge hose that was just too big in diameter.

Any ideas guys ???
We are shadows; everywhere yet nowhere to be seen.
As we strike with the force of nature's maelstrom, the wrath we have wrought upon the face of our enemies is witnessed as we fade away into the veil of shadow once more.

#2 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

View PostMovesLikeaShadow, on 20 December 2010 - 03:53 PM, said:

Hi guys !

I am working on a project where I need hose / tubing like that found on Q-loaders and Warp feed systems.

Once upon a time I heard there was an alternative method than buying the actual stuff made for it.

I have gone to my Ace, Lowes and Home Despot where I found bilge hose that was just too big in diameter.

Any ideas guys ???

You might ask the fellow who posted here: http://forum.special...ic=184183&st=30
He found some sort of black hose at a local store.

Alternatively, you could just order some from Qloader:http://www.qloader.com/upgrades.html --> 15% off Christmas sale right now...?
Some sites still sell Warp hose: http://www.proteamdi...rpfeedkits.html

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:20 AM

As linked below I used garden pond pump hose, this has the benefit of strength in the hose especially when mounting in an awkward position for the standard Q hose.
The only disadvantage I can see is that I can no longer see the paintballs in the hose itself so have to rely on myself remembering to ensure I do not overshoot too many shots out of the QPod.
This has not been a problem for me due to the setup as pressure is lost and it will not feed too many shots to cause a gap in the hose and cause a break when changing QPod.

I don't know who would stock this in the US but mine came from a local garden / pet centre.

If you prefer the softer standard hose then similar ones are available for household white goods such as washing machines / dryers.

View Postcdrinkh20, on 20 December 2010 - 11:50 PM, said:

View PostMovesLikeaShadow, on 20 December 2010 - 03:53 PM, said:

Hi guys !

Any ideas guys ???

You might ask the fellow who posted here: http://forum.special...ic=184183&st=30
He found some sort of black hose at a local store.

Alternatively, you could just order some from Qloader:http://www.qloader.com/upgrades.html --> 15% off Christmas sale right now...?
Some sites still sell Warp hose: http://www.proteamdi...rpfeedkits.html

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 21 December 2010 - 09:22 AM

#4 User is offline   MovesLikeaShadow 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Awesome!! Thanks guys!!!
I appreciate the input a lot.

It appears that the garden pump hose is an excellent match in diameter from what I see on my end.
I'm assuming it is roughly an inch or better correct ?

I am basically building a poor man's warp feed system.

I plan on using the hose on an M249 SAW ammo drum as a hopper.

The idea is to take an old Halo B and discard the shell; then turn the raceway cup on its side, whereby cutting an opening effectively creating an entrance to the force feed, where it then is slid into the ammo drum on its side all while using the sides of the drum acting as a funnel and channel it into the feed.

In theory it appears to make sense, but time will tell.
I will embed pics on here when I can.

This post has been edited by MovesLikeaShadow: 22 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

As we strike with the force of nature's maelstrom, the wrath we have wrought upon the face of our enemies is witnessed as we fade away into the veil of shadow once more.

#5 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Medical supply store....CPAP tubing for breathing machines....as well as search ProTeam Products. Their hose has wire in it....astounding stuff.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#6 User is offline   MovesLikeaShadow 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:11 PM

View Postdruid, on 22 December 2010 - 07:32 PM, said:

Medical supply store....CPAP tubing for breathing machines....as well as search ProTeam Products. Their hose has wire in it....astounding stuff.

Maybe I am wrong but it doesnt look like the CPAP hose has any reinforcing wire in it ???

How strong is it ?

#7 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:40 PM

The CPAP I have does indeed have a reinforcing 'rib' but it's on the outside and it's made of the same material as the tube itself. Think about the First strike round and the flutes on the skirting. VERY similar in design.

The interior is flat-walled, just as it shuld be for easy breathing. It's pretty rigid stuff and I've used it on my Warp fed Mags and other stuff. It's good stuff and pretty cheap on its own....like $10 for a 15 foot section at my local pharmacy.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#8 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

View PostMovesLikeaShadow, on 23 December 2010 - 12:25 AM, said:

I am basically building a poor man's warp feed system.

I plan on using the hose on an M249 SAW ammo drum as a hopper.

The idea is to take an old Halo B and discard the shell; then turn the raceway cup on its side, whereby cutting an opening effectively creating an entrance to the force feed, where it then is slid into the ammo drum on its side all while using the sides of the drum acting as a funnel and channel it into the feed.

In theory it appears to make sense, but time will tell.
I will embed pics on here when I can.

It's entirely possible, these examples use Reloader B's. Any force fed hopper could be used as long as it can cope with the lift to push paintballs up to your feed.
A classic is Oilys designs:
Oily box mag M249

And a MilSig design:
MilSig

#9 User is offline   MovesLikeaShadow 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

That's a nice ammo drum mod that other guy made.

Mine is more of an M249 BOX MAGAZINE, which is how I should have phrased it. My bad.

I found some of the pond pump hose you suggested and it is a strong candidate which I am considering.

After I lay hands on some CPAP hose and check it out then I will figure which path to take.

I knew I could count on you guys for ideas.

Many thanks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users