Special Ops Paintball: Costume making - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Costume making and props too!

#1 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• To conquer fear, you must become fear.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Urban Ninja

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

Ok, so, I'm somewhat of a fan of making costumes. Nothing fancy ever, I actually usually do them at the last second. And well, Halloween is just around the corner, so I thought I'd see how many of you guys here on the forums like making costumes and such. I know the local field here offers free entry for a costume worn when you play on Halloween...

Ok, well, considering how much I like Halo, here has got to be my favorite site for information: http://405th.com/
They've got useful tutorials, information on pretty much everything, and some of the costumes look pretty badbutt...

Now, my costume ventures are pretty slim... I made a Master Chief costume out of cardboard the night before Halloween out of cardboard in 16 hours... that was quite a failure... and I'm much more proud of my Assassin's Creed getup I made last year.

So, um... post up pics if you got em I guess, or any useful information...

I'm planning on making some ODST armor this year for Halloween, and am deciding to start on it more than a month in advance... which is further ahead than I have ever planned for anything in my life... Got the helmet printed out and I'm pepping it right now...

So let's see if any of you paintballers like this stuff as much as I do.

#2 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:31 PM

Costume making and cosplay are both pretty fun.

Here's my stuff so far.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/230891/
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/227103/
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/227106/
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#3 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:09 AM

I will have something worthy to post in a few months :)
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#4 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:33 AM

yeah me and the friend liz always do mega dressed up extravaganzas, make my garage into a whole scene and give out candy

we've done:
farm
indians (complete with teepee)
witches
monsters inc
fire (this one was cool, had a fan blow strips of colored plastic behind a white tarp... looked creepy realistic. and set a scarecrow on fire, put it out, then let it dry out.. looked like a burned body)
resident evil (the one wheres there a ton of her, me and liz were both one)
pirates (this one was epic win, her bro plays the mandolin)
alice in wonderland, the mad tea party

#5 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:50 PM

VS. i was kinda expecting a colonial marines costume in their... dont know much bout cosplay tho...
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#6 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

That costume got scrapped, my pulse rifle was broke and it upset me very much; and armor is too expensive for the amount of cons I attend per year. I still have Jonathan (Metal Gear Solid 4) to cosplay as.

#7 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• PipPip

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:30 PM

My ODST costume is taking forever to make... probably because I'm lazy and hate doing pepakura stuff... but whatver. I'm going to be modifying the helmet so I can wear my paintball mask in it so I can play in it XD hopefully I actually finish it... I have a habit of runnning multiple projects at the same time and not getting any of them done at the time I wanted...

#8 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

any ideas on how to do a Vietnam style Navy SEAL costume? i know tigerstripe BDU's but im not sure about anything else from there.

also, you might could use a paintball mask as a platform for your helmet Ninja.
Posted Image

. -Pirate

#9 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:51 AM

My friend Grace made her Marine armor from Pepakura, then I believe added resin for strength. It's really cool stuff, she did the same for her boyfriend's Donut. She'll be working on ODST armor very shortly, and will be doing molds for it for my friends and I (for a reasonable fee of course), so we'll hopefully be doing that at Dragon Con 2010.

#10 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

im gonna wear my black tac gear and black flurry vest and have STARS put on the back =)

kicking it res evil style.
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#11 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

My wife is the real expert...she does props (& occasional costuming) for a major west coast theater company. You name it & she can build it...or buy it, find a place to rent it, "borrow" it, or put one together with parts found in commercial dumpsters. Need a mechanical lobster that can crawl across a table, a battery powered faux-flame torch, or a 16th century riding cloak in hot pink? She's your girl.
You know the giant man-eating plant in "Little Shop of Horrors"?...she built one.

Some of her work can be seen in this video:
Opera San Jose

#12 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

View Postpvt. Leonard L. Church, on Sep 22 2009, 10:47 PM, said:

any ideas on how to do a Vietnam style Navy SEAL costume? i know tigerstripe BDU's but im not sure about anything else from there.

may i suggest VN era equipment, mainly 1960s dated M1956 ammo pouches, bandoleers, H gear, older belt...good place to start is here

Vietnam Gear by the way, getting the proper equipment is gonna cost you good money online...best to scourge through flea markets, surplus stores, even Goodwill........you want TS, you'd better pay for GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD repros or originals, dont buy the Propper "tigerstripes" or Tiger Stripe Products' uniforms, they're BDU cut not the original asian style cuts or the jungle style cuts........however, the SEALS would also use OG107s (i have 1 for sale, but its SMALL....and unpatched, no patches, no nothing) if they could....remember, SEALS could in theory have anything of uniforms and would result in people being confused.....dont do the specific SEAL look, just go for a generic VN era soldier, maybe some extras, since its been so long..if you're doing this for an airsoft event or something, then it'll matter, but if for a con or just a generic dress up, then go generic, save you mucho money :dodgy:
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#13 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• PipPip

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

View Postpvt. Leonard L. Church, on Sep 22 2009, 09:47 PM, said:

also, you might could use a paintball mask as a platform for your helmet Ninja.

Well, it's not that I don't have a base. Pepakura is amazing stuff and just builds on itself, but I'm going to have to work on making sure that I can wear my mask and the helmet at the same time. My last "custom" Master Chief helmet based off of my old mask was pretty crappy... but it was still pretty sweet for only a few hours of work, cardboard, and a hot glue gun. ha ha, that costume was horrible, but it was my first. I'm working on it all. But pepakura takes so long for me... and I'm really busy... but I'm getting there. lol.

#14 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

View PostCamoDeafie, on Sep 23 2009, 03:16 PM, said:

may i suggest VN era equipment, mainly 1960s dated M1956 ammo pouches, bandoleers, H gear, older belt...good place to start is here

Vietnam Gear by the way, getting the proper equipment is gonna cost you good money online...best to scourge through flea markets, surplus stores, even Goodwill........you want TS, you'd better pay for GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD repros or originals, dont buy the Propper "tigerstripes" or Tiger Stripe Products' uniforms, they're BDU cut not the original asian style cuts or the jungle style cuts........however, the SEALS would also use OG107s (i have 1 for sale, but its SMALL....and unpatched, no patches, no nothing) if they could....remember, SEALS could in theory have anything of uniforms and would result in people being confused.....dont do the specific SEAL look, just go for a generic VN era soldier, maybe some extras, since its been so long..if you're doing this for an airsoft event or something, then it'll matter, but if for a con or just a generic dress up, then go generic, save you mucho money :)

decade day for school actualy. we were going to do the SEAL thing, but i think you are right. generic soldier would be better. other than my biology teacher (who obsesses over 'nam), no one would know. ima go check out the local surplus store though.
Posted Image

. -Pirate

#15 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• PipPip

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

View Postpvt. Leonard L. Church, on Sep 23 2009, 08:51 PM, said:

View PostCamoDeafie, on Sep 23 2009, 03:16 PM, said:

Vietnam Gear by the way, getting the proper equipment is gonna cost you good money online...best to scourge through flea markets, surplus stores, even Goodwill........you want TS, you'd better pay for GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD repros or originals, dont buy the Propper "tigerstripes" or Tiger Stripe Products' uniforms, they're BDU cut not the original asian style cuts or the jungle style cuts........however, the SEALS would also use OG107s (i have 1 for sale, but its SMALL....and unpatched, no patches, no nothing) if they could....remember, SEALS could in theory have anything of uniforms and would result in people being confused.....dont do the specific SEAL look, just go for a generic VN era soldier, maybe some extras, since its been so long..if you're doing this for an airsoft event or something, then it'll matter, but if for a con or just a generic dress up, then go generic, save you mucho money :)

decade day for school actualy. we were going to do the SEAL thing, but i think you are right. generic soldier would be better. other than my biology teacher (who obsesses over 'nam), no one would know. ima go check out the local surplus store though.

Oh my god... Decade day... Church, you have given me the greatest idea ever. I'm kinda gonna steal this in case they have it at my school this year... I've never been excited about some of the crappier days in spirit week, but this will spice things up. Last year, they had camouflage day, and one guy was in his ghillie XD

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users