Special Ops Paintball: Advanced Paintball Electronics (A.P.E) Rampage Board - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advanced Paintball Electronics (A.P.E) Rampage Board For Tippmann A-5 and Custom Pro-E

#16 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Stret

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:39 PM

Acara, I've been meaning to ask...
You wanna hook me up with one of these?
:D
Native Style

We Think Our Sponsors Are Cool: Tippmann(X7) l Crossfire Tanks l Smokin' Products l Coca Cola: Grand Rapids, MI

#17 User is offline   v1l2u5 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:41 AM

Good review, I can't wait to get mine today!! :P

#18 User is offline   mechredd 

• Chupathingy!?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mechredd

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:19 AM

I have a question. I have an LP kit on my a-5, do I still need to buy a QEV or will the new banjo supplied with the kit surfice?

This post has been edited by mechredd: 06 September 2006 - 01:20 AM

"Accuracy by volume has been, and will remain, the best way to score eliminations." - Tom Kaye

#19 User is offline   mechredd 

• Chupathingy!?
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:58 AM

I just bought the rampage board for my A-5 and I was very disapointed with it. Mainly with the rate of fire. It will shoot 25bps like its advertised to but what they dont tell you is that a rate of fire that fast depressurizes your marker faster than it can repressurize it self. It gets off about 10 shots then it wont recock. I've shot it with my LPK and HPA, my LPK and CO2, and just running CO2 with out my LPK. All had the same result. If you shoot an extended burst or several short bursts in rapid succession at 25bps your marker wont recock after a few shots.

Everything else about the board is fine and it works great at standard ROF, but 25bps is too fast for the marker to function properly.
"Accuracy by volume has been, and will remain, the best way to score eliminations." - Tom Kaye

#20 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:20 AM

It depends greatly on your marker setup, some markers won't even break 15 no matter what you got on it. Mine I can get it up to 23 bps no problems. Your simply having a problem with shootdown (the rate at which the pressure of the gas recharges)

#21 User is offline   mechredd 

• Chupathingy!?
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:40 AM

I've contacted tippmann about this and they said it sounds like an obstruction in my airlines, but the local shop owner, who is a certified tippmann tech, took a look and says that my marker is fine, and that the board is too fast. It is shoot down, and he reccomends that I get a high output nitro tank and run it thru my LPK. With a setup like that my recharge rate should be fast enough to keep up with my ROF.

#22 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:46 AM

^^^ That's Exactly Like I have mine now. A HPA tank with a output pressure from my Stab around 450psi (I don't have a LPK) and keeps up with the board for the most part, .

#23 User is offline   mechredd 

• Chupathingy!?
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:02 AM

My current HPA tank has an output of only 450, wich is what the LPK was ment for, and it works great on semi auto. My problems start when I turn up my ROF and the pressure will drop from about 400 to just under 300psi. The LPK was ment to work idealy at 325 but that's on the low end of its pressure range. What happens is that my pressure drops faster than it recharges and after a few shots its too low for the gun to function. When I use co2 and reg it down, it works ok untill the tank get cold and pressure drops. With high output hpa (about 800psi) that is regged down to about 500, the recharge rate should be fast enough to allow for prolonged rappid firing.

I shouldn't criticise the board too much, after all it does what its supposed to do. Its just that shoot down is a problem.

This post has been edited by mechredd: 14 September 2006 - 11:04 AM

#24 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

Hey great review. Im probably going to get one after i get my christmas/birthday money. One quick question, does the jcs duel trigger affect the ROF like it does on the regular egrip?

Thanks,
Trevor

Tippman owners group #35

#25 User is offline   badams270 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:badams270

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:18 PM

Acara, I have a problem child board with a couple of issues. Is there a phone number that I can call to contact tech support. Email is a little to slow. Thanks.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users