Special Ops Paintball: Official Girl Problem & General Problems + Rants thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (320 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Official Girl Problem & General Problems + Rants thread NEW RULES FOR THIS THREAD, READ FIRST POST Rate Topic: ****- 9 Votes

#2521 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

Yeah. Don't feel too left out about missing Alg. 2. It is going to hurt you, but you should be able to pick it up as you go.

I jumped into calc 1 as a sophomore in college after the last math class being alg. 2 as a junior in highschool. I missed Trig and/or Precalc. Needless to say, I am missing a LOT of stuff that we use, but I pick it up as we go. Such as, today, we were 'reminded' of the Law of Cosines. This was new material to me. I just learn it as I go, and I do well enough to get by.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#2522 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:13 PM

...we did cosines in geometry
odd

#2523 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:19 PM

Yes, you do use those functions in geometry, but we never really learned the why of it or the more involved stuff like the unit cirlce and all of the other trigonometric functions such as arctangent.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#2524 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

View PostBecc, on Sep 9 2008, 03:22 PM, said:

View PostDigitalPirate, on Sep 9 2008, 10:31 AM, said:

View PostZombieAtak, on Sep 9 2008, 08:33 AM, said:

.... I think ....I think my brain just exploded.

Trust me J. It gets a whooooole lot worse in Vector Geometry and Linear Algebra.

Matrices *shudder*

naw, thats all fine... linear algebra is cake
but logs...
logs and spherical geometry (did you know you can make a triangle with no corners? what the hell?!

Lol. No its not, trust me. University math = Gah.

#2525 User is offline   Phish 

• Phish
  • PipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:17 PM

I loved standard geomety in JR high those were the days you basically look at it and you could get the right answer.

#2526 User is offline   Volker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

??? I thought linear algebra was easy too.
Maybe were are just doing really basic linear algebra, but its the only stuff i truly get lol

#2527 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

Enough math!

Someone rant.

#2528 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

Example: Find parametric equations for the line of intersection of the planes 3x+2y-4z-6 =0 and x-3y-2z-4 =0.

Enjoy!

I hate the fact that I can't figure out whether to date my best friend or not. I have this feeling whenever we make eye contact, and whenever we go out, I'll pay and she'll say something along the lines of "Hey! You paid last time! It's my turn! :dodgy:"

This post has been edited by DigitalPirate: 09 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

#2529 User is offline   Volker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:55 PM

Tom- I HATE MATH!

View PostDigitalPirate, on Sep 9 2008, 08:54 PM, said:

Example: Find parametric equations for the line of intersection of the planes 3x+2y-4z-6 =0 and x-3y-2z-4 =0.

Enjoy!

I almost get that, but thats what we are doing right now, just a little less advanced.

This post has been edited by Volker: 09 September 2008 - 06:55 PM

#2530 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

View PostVolker, on Sep 9 2008, 08:55 PM, said:

Tom- I HATE MATH!

View PostDigitalPirate, on Sep 9 2008, 08:54 PM, said:

Enjoy!

I almost get that, but thats what we are doing right now, just a little less advanced.

I'll get an exam question for you if I can ever find the site again. There's some reallllllll nasty questions.

#2531 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

No more math... I am taking a break from my physics. I had to remember how to do first semester calculus stuff. Bah.

So... someone give a legit rant, please.

I'll add a slight rant: My roommates are leaving for the weekend, I have nothing awesome to do while they are gone. The girl can't make a trip up. Sad.

#2532 User is offline   xVIPERx 

• Acta Non Verba
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:xVIPERx

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Sep 9 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

Enough math!

Someone rant.

lol ok, I will.

WHEW!

So here how it all goes down.

This summer all I wanted to do was visit my dad in Georgia. My mom and dad being divorced, don't exactly have the best relationship, so as you can imagine there are difficulties already. But that's just the start. In February my mom had figured out that my dad had been keeping my mom's health care money for reasons unknown, so she investigated.

To put the money thing to rest my dad came clean. He told us that he had an illegitimate child with another women that he met and he had kept it a secret for two years... :rolleyes: . So he was keeping my mom's health care money in order to pay for child support.

So several months had past and I start talking to my dad again and we make plans for April vacation. My mom however, disallows this. I am annoyed and my dad is PERTURBED off. He decides to SUE her so he can have partial custody of us so my mom doesn't have all the say.

So now the end of summer has past and my mom didn't let me go to visit my dad and I'm sad about this and PERTURBED off....
Acta Non Verba-"Actions Not Words"

#2533 User is offline   Octavious 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

View PostDigitalPirate, on Sep 9 2008, 09:54 PM, said:

I hate the fact that I can't figure out whether to date my best friend or not. I have this feeling whenever we make eye contact, and whenever we go out, I'll pay and she'll say something along the lines of "Hey! You paid last time! It's my turn! :rolleyes:"

And whats the problem if she pays? You're not a bank, don't be treated like one. There's a difference between being a gentleman and paying occasionally etc etc, but you shouldn't pay all the time, everytime.

-Oct

#2534 User is offline   Archie21 

• hardcore paintballer
  • PipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

I have a girl rant...

So this girl and i talked all summer and got really close, she even said she couldnt wait till we could be together (we live about an hour apart, but she lives where i go to college and this was about 3 weeks beofre i was about to move back up to school, so we were waiting. Then out of the blue one day she has a boyfriend and barely even talks to me and "says" she still wants to hang out but only as friends, but always has excuses to not hang out.

:aah: How does this happen? :aah:
Team Brutal Anguish:
Taking the path of most resistance

Archie21's sale thread!! Everything must go!!

#2535 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:22 PM

View PostxVIPERx, on Sep 9 2008, 08:03 PM, said:

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Sep 9 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

Enough math!

Someone rant.

lol ok, I will.

WHEW!

So here how it all goes down.

This summer all I wanted to do was visit my dad in Georgia. My mom and dad being divorced, don't exactly have the best relationship, so as you can imagine there are difficulties already. But that's just the start. In February my mom had figured out that my dad had been keeping my mom's health care money for reasons unknown, so she investigated.

To put the money thing to rest my dad came clean. He told us that he had an illegitimate child with another women that he met and he had kept it a secret for two years... :evil: . So he was keeping my mom's health care money in order to pay for child support.

So several months had past and I start talking to my dad again and we make plans for April vacation. My mom however, disallows this. I am annoyed and my dad is PERTURBED off. He decides to SUE her so he can have partial custody of us so my mom doesn't have all the say.

So now the end of summer has past and my mom didn't let me go to visit my dad and I'm sad about this and PERTURBED off....

Dude. That sucks. Big time. I don't really have any experience in those sort of situations.. I guess all you can do is hope your mom will respect your wish to see your father. And with the lawsuit, you can hope that the court at least sides a little bit with your father.

View PostArchie21, on Sep 9 2008, 08:09 PM, said:

I have a girl rant...

So this girl and i talked all summer and got really close, she even said she couldnt wait till we could be together (we live about an hour apart, but she lives where i go to college and this was about 3 weeks beofre i was about to move back up to school, so we were waiting. Then out of the blue one day she has a boyfriend and barely even talks to me and "says" she still wants to hang out but only as friends, but always has excuses to not hang out.

:aah: How does this happen? :aah:

Here's how it happens. You were out of the picture and didn't leave enough of and impression on her to keep her willing to wait three weeks. If you had really impressed her, she would have been fine waiting the three weeks, but chances are, this guy just stepped in one night when she was bored and lonely and she figured "he will do" and now is attached to him.

Did you talk to her while you were gone? What was the true extent of your relationship prior to leaving? If you had done a few things differently, chances are you would have left a more intense/lasting impression on her.

I have had a similar situation like yours. I just wasn't forward enough from the beginning to make her think that I was truly amazing. On the flip side, I have also done things right. The end of this summer, I decided to pursue a girl. I didn't let her give me little hints here and there and just slowly move in. I decided one night that I was going to move in. I made my physical intentions very clear, as did she. Later, we 'connected' on a more emotional level and gained her absolute and complete trust. The result, she can't wait to see me again and calls me every night.

Part of growing up is learning from past experiences. You now know what can happen if you aren't aggressive enough. Maybe you will change your future actions accordingly. Maybe not; only time will tell.

Share this topic:

• (320 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users