• You cannot reply to this topic

Snipers, we need to talk... Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Aurora Knight 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 043

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

What sometimes dissapoints me, is the fact that most beginners dive into the Sniper position just because they think it's cool. Most of them start off because they think they are good snipers in "Halo". I should know this, because I have fallen for it myself when I joined these forums. And I know I wasnt the only one. Shortly after, I began playing more Sabre-ish. But after about a month of playing, I knew the sniper position was for me.
Now, where I'm getting at is that most newbies fall for the "Sniper" marketing. Like 20 inch "Sniper" barrels, ghillies (Although those are essential), longbows, and everything else. Most newbies start off thinking they will be the best because they have the best equipment on the market. That's when they start playing. They realise their new top-of-the-line equipment isnt doing anything to improve their game. This happened to me at first. However, I learned from my mistakes, and soon proved the Sniper infidels wrong.
These forums helped me out big-time. Some people (ones who dont flame) are very friendly and are happy to help you out even if you have a "newbie" question. But when it comes to the field, theres nothing in the world that pisses me off more than people making fun of you because they don't believe in paintball snipers. Paintball snipers EXIST. The infidels just don't realise the difference between a real-life sniper and a paintball sniper.
These threads may have gone a bit downhill... but they are still a big help to any newbie who joins.
Thanks alot everyone.
~Aurora Knight

All Wars are Civil wars, for all men are brothers.
HOTTEST Karnivor EVER! http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=161438

#17 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:10 PM

Amen. Adiction to fame is the name of the game!

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#18 User is offline   EruIthildur 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Christian Matthew Grupp

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, I have to agree. I am pretty new to the forum and I see a lot of the same thing over and over. UTFS n00bs!!! Let's keep the sniper forum a little more elite...

Accouterment does not make the sniper, it only abets him.

Last weekend I was playing, and there was a player who averaged about 5 kills for the three games he played without taking a single hit. What did he use to make those kills? An almost stock Spyder Xtra with cheap Wal-mart paint.

#19 User is offline   sniper82 

• "Can you see me now?" .. No.. "Good"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:+sniper82

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:26 PM

Im glad I have limited ability to buy new paintball stuff cause it would have hindered my learning of the more important parts of woodsball, such as tactics. Tactics kill any kind of gun screw everyones electro super fast ultra light guns, give me a bolt action and its still doable.
A man must be alert at all times if he expects to stay alive. If you're not alert, sometime, a son-of-an-POOP SHOOTER-FEMALE DOG is going to sneak up behind you and beat you to death with a sockful of DOO DOO!" -George S. Patton

#20 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:25 AM

View Postsniper82, on Mar 27 2007, 09:26 PM, said:

Im glad I have limited ability to buy new paintball stuff cause it would have hindered my learning of the more important parts of woodsball, such as tactics. Tactics kill any kind of gun screw everyones electro super fast ultra light guns, give me a bolt action and its still doable.

I totally agree with this. I played with this guy that had a really good gun (don't know what it is) and he had a headset, and tons of other stuff. I didn't want to be on his team because I knew that he was a person that was spoiled. If you have a pump and you know the terrain better than anybody else, you will probly get the most kills because you know where the open areas are, the best hiding places, and the such.
~~I'm a Christian Baller~~
~~When you get to the end of your rope tie a knot and hang on-- Winston Churchill~~

#21 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:31 AM

View PostAssasin2213, on May 9 2007, 07:25 AM, said:

View Postsniper82, on Mar 27 2007, 09:26 PM, said:

I totally agree with this. I played with this guy that had a really good gun (don't know what it is) and he had a headset, and tons of other stuff. I didn't want to be on his team because I knew that he was a person that was spoiled. If you have a pump and you know the terrain better than anybody else, you will probly get the most kills because you know where the open areas are, the best hiding places, and the such.

Just keep in mind that not everyone with tons of gear/ good gear is spoiled. A lot of us work for what we have.`
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#22 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:33 AM

ok, i may have been a little bet generlizing, but this guy sucks monkey nuts. I would bet that it was his first time plating and he wasn't that good. if you are just starting dont go full out, get a gun that you know that will be good for you
~~When you get to the end of your rope tie a knot and hang on-- Winston Churchill~~

#23 User is offline   sniper82 

• "Can you see me now?" .. No.. "Good"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:+sniper82

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

Abosolutley you must build up your gear over time.
A man must be alert at all times if he expects to stay alive. If you're not alert, sometime, a son-of-an-POOP SHOOTER-FEMALE DOG is going to sneak up behind you and beat you to death with a sockful of DOO DOO!" -George S. Patton

#24 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:06 AM

I say go for something basic so you can modifi it and can make it into whatever you want, and not just buy a gun because people say it is a good gun and you really hate it and you get angry cause you just spent $200

#25 User is offline   Fro98c 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:T-CAL

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

This is my first day on the forums, I like to think of myself as a newbie sniper, but I don't own a ghillie suit. (Too poor to buy 1 too lazy to build 1). This site was the first one I looked at before buying my gear. I bought a 98c because I've dreamed of having one since I was a little kid. I searched almost every article, forum, and tactic guide to see how to become a "perfect" Sniper. As I was reading some of the forums I was rather disappointed to see the same material over and over again. GLAD someone spoke up about it. Thanks to this site and all of its information, I am one of the most dangerous players on the field.... The sniper without the ghillie suit!
"Live for something or you'll die for nothing."
"Live forever....or die trying."

#26 User is offline   SNIPER DULIN 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DULIN

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:55 PM

ahhh....The glamour of the postion betrays us.... :happy:

first of all, I really like blitz's idea. I think if we could make a few post simply gearing to rookie snipers, we could really help some people and solve this problem. I mean...this forum is amazing and helps me day and night, cus I'm still learning also. There really isn't anything we can do about the "wannabe" snipers. Some of them will learn, and if they want to waste money let them do it, but after a long summer of them sitting in the brush with ADD, not doing as good as they dreamed, and buying hyped up gear, they'll turn into sabres again..... I guess in reality, it may be hard to root out this problem. but, if we could get across these simple points...1) its all about patience and disciplin...not the marker 2) sniper has a longer learning curve and 3) Almost anything you want to know, it can be read in one of the sniper articles on specops....we can at least seem less "noobish"

Anyway, thank you so much for bringing this post up. it could help some people and make the forum nicer. :rolleyes:

#27 User is offline   AnEchoSoldier 

• Future Property of the USMC
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AnEchoSoldier

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

This is just a quick yes or no question that I didn't want to open up a new topic for. I have never thought of myself as a paintball sniper, but I always wondered wheather or not my play style was the same as one. I spend the vast majority of my time crawling on my stomach across a field, only taking shots when I'm sure I won't be spotted and have the perfect oppertunity. I use a BT-4 marker, definitely not outfitted to be considered a "sniper rifle". I never engage is firefights, preffering to stay low and quiet. I almost never get spotted (not showing off, I've only played a maximum of about 18 v. 18 man woodsball games) and I usually set up an ambush or two and go out for recon data.

The reason I was wondering is because I don't have any true "sniper" equipment. As I said, I use a BT-4 Combat with an ADCO Red Dot Sight, and I'm working on getting an M249 SAW stock. I don't use any ghillie, just a MARPAT BDU. I think my play style is more sniper than Medium Rifleman, though.

You're right, I work for all my money, and bought all my gear myself, and I'm only 14! Then again, I don't buy the top-of-the-line-stuff. Most of my equipment is cheap military surplus, or I saved up for a long time for it.

This post has been edited by AnEchoSoldier: 19 June 2007 - 01:53 PM

"I submit to you that if a man has not found something he is willing to die for, than he is not fit to live!"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Put This In Your Sig if Your Parents Don't Pay For Your Stuff

#28 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:56 PM

The sniper position is a mindset and a playing style. Not a gearlist.

#29 User is offline   AnEchoSoldier 

• Future Property of the USMC
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AnEchoSoldier

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:58 PM

Which doesn't answer my question...
"I submit to you that if a man has not found something he is willing to die for, than he is not fit to live!"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Put This In Your Sig if Your Parents Don't Pay For Your Stuff

#30 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

It does answer your question.

The reason I was wondering is because I don't have any true "sniper" equipment.

Its not a gearlist, its a mindset and a playing style. You said you have the playing style of a sniper yet you don't have the "gear." I apologize for not spelling it out for you, I figured you would be able to understand that. Y-E-S.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users