• You cannot reply to this topic

98C tune- up Thought I was out of the game for good. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hey Guys,

So it's been a while since I've been on here ( and even longer since I've been on the field)but I come seeking answers I probably should know, but don't.

I'll be coming home from my second sea tour shortly and the first thing my little brother wants to do is play some paintball. I have an old RT'd 98C in the closet that he can use, but it comes with a slight problem; the last time I used it, it chopped paint like a blender. right now it has a Cyclone sitting on it, but I have an old Halo v35 I could mount to it if that would fix it. Does this mean the guns is out of tune? I would thing the cyclone would feed it fast enough, but I could be wrong. Probably wouldn't hurt to replace the detent in it too, someone mentioned that to me. I want to give it a good little tune- up befpre we hit the field so he can enjoy the day, any suggestions?

v/r

Matt
The Free 19th.

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

The first thing to do is check the cyclone ratchet. It's at the bottom and made of synthetic. It's designed that way for vibrations and will split in time.

#3 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on 02 July 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

The first thing to do is check the cyclone ratchet. It's at the bottom and made of synthetic. It's designed that way for vibrations and will split in time.

I'll make sure to check on that. Anything else?
The Free 19th.

#4 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

If you have another hopper to try it with, even if it is a gravity hopper, i would put that on first and shoot a few before i would tear anything down. it could be the sear, or it could be an issue with the barrel, or another issue with the gun. but you could either eliminate or comfirm it is the hopper by that one simple check and possibly save yourself some time in the long run.

#5 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

First, just take it all apart and clean every part then re assemble it.....if you haven't already.

Hhmm, its always tricky to figure out why a cyclone is chopping. Try the obvious first, do as like Slinky said and basically look for broken parts.

Its for an A5, but all cyclones are the same

Since oyu are running an RT, take the RT off and just run the cyclone ( be sure to block off the open side of the T banjo fitting, or just put on a 90 degree bajo). Make sure its getting enough air. Also, be sure to lube it, never run dry.

Please write back if its still giving you fits.

#6 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

A little late to get in on this I guess, but here goes.

You can get an aluminum ratchet on ebay for like $5 plus shipping. Most online paintball stores will have brand name ones for like $20. I installed one from specialopspaintball many years ago. That A5 + cyclone have been "used too death" for years and still purred like a kitten every Sunday all winter. Why the hell did they ever make them with plastic ratchet's when for like $3 they could prevent really the only problem with the cyclone?

Also. detents aren't as important with a Cyclone feed because it won't let additional balls roll into the chamber.

This post has been edited by motherboard1: 03 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users