• You cannot reply to this topic

Hpa tanks and filling Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Code Black 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Code Black

Post icon  Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:37 PM

Ok have a couple of questions. New to the paintball area but looking forward to developing my knowledge.

ok when it comes to HPA tank how do you read them. Here is a listing i found what does the numbers stand for. " Crossfire 4500 PSI 92.CI"

ok 4500 psi is the max pressure I assume ?

92. CI is that cubic inches or something else. A tank list that would give me approximately how many shots?

Now I want to use compressed air not nitro. Is it possible to just you my air commpressor and a HPA filling station to fill my tanks. I am in a rural area and about 30 minutes from the city and still I think it will be hard for me to find a filling station. No worries I am 30 years old and not some 12 year old kid. I am a 7 acre lot and me and the gang plan on playing every saturday year round so have our own filling station would work best for us.

If anyone has some imput on how we could make our on station or buy the parts need and whats need please fill free to help thanks in advanced for your your help of this old man.

#2 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

You're correct, the CI (or sometimes CU) denotes the physical size of the tank, and the PSI of course tells you the maximum pressure the tank is rated to hold. Compressed Air and Nitro are the same thing for all intents and purposes here, really.

I don't know if you'll be able to fill the tanks with your compressor. It really depends on whether or not your compressor can put out that much pressure... whatever it outputs is whatever your tanks will fill to. So if you have a simple compressor meant for like, a leafblower... well I don't think that's going to fill a 4500PSI tank :(.

You can buy fill stations on several online paintball retailers. I believe ActionVillage has some. They have a very large selection and are easy to deal with.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#3 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

Here and here are places to get this stuff if you do not have a powerful enough compressor. You can also buy scuba tanks and link them to a fill station, but you will have to get them filled if you do not have a compressor.

This post has been edited by Ecellg: 21 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#4 User is offline   Code Black 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Code Black

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

thanks you very much for your help. Getting and idea now found a you video that explains the scuba tanks setup

#5 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:03 PM

SherifMatt (forum name) did a video, you can find in at his website, www.theartofwoodsball.com.

Edit: More Exactly

This post has been edited by Ecellg: 21 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#6 User is offline   Ragedman 

• There's my chip chip.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I have one, used it once...like π years.

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:05 PM

Most air compressor (like what you find at Home Depot) only go up to about 300-400 psi, so unless you plan on running low presure and are going to carry the compressor around they are useless. Ones that can reach 5000 psi usualy cost around 2k-4k used.

This post has been edited by Ragedman: 21 October 2008 - 07:07 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users