• You cannot reply to this topic

Proline 4+1 Harness Don't get this.

#1 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 22 October 2005 - 06:08 PM

Well, this is a prime example of how not to do a belt clip. I had this thing repeatedly come loose on me today. Every time I ran, the strap lock would pop open. I had to ditch it and carry the tank in a pouch not designed for it. I imagine the other Proline harnesses also have this fatal flaw. It might be possible to replace the clip with one that is similarly sized, but finding one is a problem. The belts simply do not meet any measure of reliability.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#2 User is offline   Paint-Demon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Paint-Demon

Post icon  Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:06 PM

Dude that stinks if that happened to me i'd be so mad i'd probably just tape it or something though, i no it sounds lame but whatever works. Oh yeah how much did u pay 4 it?$$$$

:cartman:

#3 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:12 PM

I paid $30, which was $30 too much because the lousy thing broke. Of course it's not returnable, because it fell in the dirt and now looks all used. I got a Spec Ops harness to replace it for half that cost, and it actually works and fits better. The pods on the Spec Ops harness wrap around to the side of your hips so you have new pods at your fingertips. About the only way to fix a ProLine harness is to zip tie the connector together such that no stress is placed on the buckle. It's incredibly bad. I even tried filing notches into it to make it catch when it started to slip out. No good.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#4 User is offline   Paint-Demon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Paint-Demon

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:08 AM

PhoenixWolf, on Nov 12 2005, 04:12 PM, said:

I got a Spec Ops harness to replace it for half that cost, and it actually works and fits better.

Awsome, now i know where 2 go if anything of mine breaks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users