• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

G3 vs PMR Decisions, decisions.. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cloud254 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:33 AM

So I've been wanting to upgrade from my little Spyder Pilot ACS, and I've narrowed my choices down to the two listed above.

If everyone could, the things i am looking for are..

Air efficiency- Which one, if either one, gets better shots per air tank.

Weight- Self-explanatory

Also, which one is easier on brittle paint.

Your opinion of the feeling of the gun will be different from mine, so this is not needed, but is not banned from the discussion.
Thanks in advance for helping me out!

#2 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

As far as efficiency goes, neither of them are going to be fantastic, not terrible but not great. If you want a super efficient marker then I think that you should take a look at the macdev drone. Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly certain that the g3 is smaller and lighter. Of the two that you mentioned then I would recommend the pmr, proto makes great products, and I like the feel of them a lot better. However this is all my preference. Go to a proshop and take a look at both of them, and decide on your own.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#3 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

Under no circumstances would I take a G3 over a PMR, unless the G3 were given to me as a gift, and the PMR was at retail price. A PMR with some high-quality lube (Gun Butta, Gun Salve, MUG) will shoot quite well, and quite reliably. I've yet to see a reliable G3. I had a PMR SE for a while, and it was unbreakable, so long as it was kept lubricated- new lube every 3 cases.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#4 User is offline   twisted ion 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:29 PM

I have seen plenty of reliable G3's. What you may have saw was the ones with the reg seats that had no built in stop. People would just crank the reg until they broke it.

The G3 reg issue was corrected and there are no other issues with the markers. I have owned both the PMR and the G3 and the G3 is by far the better quality marker.
Posted Image
www.dmeyerspb.com

#5 User is offline   Cloud254 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for all the great info guys!

I really wish that I could go try them out somewhere, but there are no pro-shops near me, so I have to base my decisions on what others tell me.

Quick question: I have been looking at an Etek2, and have heard really good things about them.
How would an Etek2 stand up to either of the markers that were compared in the original post?

Again, thanks in advance for all the help!

#6 User is offline   Anti Hero 

• Pain makes me laugh, seriously.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:λNTI-HERO

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:07 AM

Th G3 is much lighter, but i know someone with one, and I wouldn't advise using it. He likes it, but he has also had a lot of small problems with it. I would honestly pick up a Drone. It will save you money in the long run, and they're better anyhow.

#7 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:08 PM

I'd pick up an f8 :laugh:

But seriously, go with the PMR. Much better gun compared to the G3 IMO.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users