• You cannot reply to this topic

Paintball add ons Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   AABELAC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PB SHADOW SNIPER

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

I was wondering what would be good add ons to a Tippmann Alpha Black? Links would be great. Thanks! :laugh:
^AABELAC^

#2 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

first thing you should get is an HPA tank. second is a good barrel. third would be an upgraded loader system (hopper, warpfeed, qloader etc.) and after all that comes looks. for better feedback on your question maybe you should breifly summerize your playing style and current setup
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#3 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

Flatline or Apex barrel, red dot optic sight and a 45 degree offset rail mount for the sight. That's all you need...
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   AABELAC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 08 June 2011 - 12:53 PM, said:

first thing you should get is an HPA tank. second is a good barrel. third would be an upgraded loader system (hopper, warpfeed, qloader etc.) and after all that comes looks. for better feedback on your question maybe you should breifly summerize your playing style and current setup

I am planning on sniping. As of now I have a 200rd hopper, 11" barrel, and a remote for my marker. What barrel length is good? And what kind of loader is best(what is a warpfeed and qloader)?
^AABELAC^

#5 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

When you say "add ons" are you talking about performance or for looks?

Warp feed: http://www.airgundes...warp_feed.shtml

Q-loader: http://www.qloader.com/
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#6 User is offline   AABELAC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

View PostPuzuma, on 08 June 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

When you say "add ons" are you talking about performance or for looks?

Either or.
^AABELAC^

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

A different gun...

But seriously, if you want to "snipe", you're going to want a good quality barrel kit. The best chance for accuracy is a great paint to barrel match.
After that, HPA is a great addition. That or an expansion chamber. The Expansion Chamber will give your CO2 more area to expand and increase constancy. Plus, if you're buying an Alpha Black, an Expansion Chamber and Remote Line are probably more in your price range than the HPA tank.

But first, get yourself a top quality mask. I recommend JT Flex's, because they have a proper Dual Pane lens which will prevent fog (I've never had my JT's fog on me). Plus, the rubber bottom will allow you to sight down your marker more normally, as if it were a real firearm.

Also, you can mix up to two ounces of Reyka Vodka in to 6 ounces of Mt. Dew Pitch Black and you can't even taste the Vodka. But if you put 6 ounces in with 12 ounces, you can sort of taste it. I found that out tonight...

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 User is offline   AABELAC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

I have a JT mask already. What is up with the drink thing?!?!?!? That is totally irrelevent!!

View PostPirate, on 09 June 2011 - 12:54 AM, said:

But first, get yourself a top quality mask. I recommend JT Flex's, because they have a proper Dual Pane lens which will prevent fog (I've never had my JT's fog on me). Plus, the rubber bottom will allow you to sight down your marker more normally, as if it were a real firearm.

Also, you can mix up to two ounces of Reyka Vodka in to 6 ounces of Mt. Dew Pitch Black and you can't even taste the Vodka. But if you put 6 ounces in with 12 ounces, you can sort of taste it. I found that out tonight...[/color]

^AABELAC^

#9 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

View PostAABELAC, on 09 June 2011 - 06:18 PM, said:

I have a JT mask already. What is up with the drink thing?!?!?!? That is totally irrelevent!!

View PostPirate, on 09 June 2011 - 12:54 AM, said:

Also, you can mix up to two ounces of Reyka Vodka in to 6 ounces of Mt. Dew Pitch Black and you can't even taste the Vodka. But if you put 6 ounces in with 12 ounces, you can sort of taste it. I found that out tonight...[/color]

the irrelevance is irrelevant. he is simply sharing his wisdom Posted Image

but yeah, paintball! like everyone said, start by buying a good mask. years down the road, you will always benefit from an investment in a mask, whereas you may regret the purchase of some "sniper" upgrades. I'm not gonna get into the debate, but lets just say that sniping in paintball is more about your mindset and tactics than your gear.

oh, and personally, i prefer Code Red Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

Ok mask, yeah first great investment.
HPA over Co2, unless you do the expansion chamber for the Co2.
Paint barrel match is probally key over the previous two for consistant shot placement.

Normally Id go with practics is step one to playing better, and since this is a normal time I am saying that. But to go with practice you need to learn the variables of your accuracy issues. An easy one to get into is C02's unstable nature, its a liquid that needs space to turn to gas to shoot proper and if/when it doesnt expand proper you get varietions in velocity and thus accurate shooting. "What the hell are you talking about" you ask, well ever notice that sometimes you get nice white clouds or snow fling out of the barrel, thats mostly liquid C0 that made its way out of the tank. Stabilising the gas effects will help your practice with more consitant shots and thus you getting better.

Now paint, in a perfect world all paint would rock. Dimples, breaks in the bag, and other gremlins would not be and issue but sadly they are, and they suck.
Broken paint, well just avoid it. Shells are water based and busted paint is water on other shells, one broken paintball=several suspect paintballs.
Dimples will fly, dramatically, off course just shear inches from the target you have the perfect shot on and no matter how many dimpled paintballs you shoot that that target from whatever distance they will not hit. Pretty sure thats a law of god or something. The gremlins well thats just me summerising several factors that I just refuse to understand and explain anymore. Cheap paint often is full of gremlins, but since gremlin free paint is expensive and sometimes we just like to lay heavy on the trigger (I swear I see at least twenty of them in that small 3x3 bunker!) it can get costly.
What Im getting to is paint to barrel matching, basically its making sure that the barrel you are using isnt too big or small for the paint, yes .68 caliber is not always .68 (.683 .689 .314xR=Diameter). Barrel kits are basically sever sizes of barrels that you spend some time with and match up your paint for best performace. As for barrel lenght, well I know guys that dont use less than 20" I wont go over 12" most of the time. I think math nerd worked it out and deduced that 13 was optimal for performace vs air consuption.

Practice is above all for developing a good shot, barrels and air are tools but unless you can be Bob Villa then a power hammer is worthless to you.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#11 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

Frankly I'm not sure I'd spend much on a barrel in 98 threads... since a lot of people upgrade, eventually. For now, just play.

Like everyone said, try on some masks, do some research and find a good dual-pane thermal mask (VForce are nice...but not dual pane. They have an antifog coating that can be easily wiped off the inside of the lens). HPA greatly increases consistency of shot velocity.

If you want a better barrel, maybe find a used one or a J&J ceramic. Cheap, but self-cleaning and pretty accurate.

An alternative to a barrel kit would be a Palmer's barrel... in theory, shoots all sorts of paint equally well, but without sizing for your changing paint size throughout different temperature/humidity in the day. But like I said, just play (or as 1-I said - practice).

#12 User is offline   AABELAC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

Ok thank you guys for your feedback; however, I get it with the masks. I have a perfectly good one made by JT. So please post JUST gun add-ons.
^AABELAC^

#13 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

therin lies your problem: you THINK you have a perfectly good mask. I'd rather play wearing my V-force and shooting a wal-mart gun than play wearing a JT mask and shooting my automag. Luckily, i get the best of both worlds every weekend Posted Image

But okay, okay, add ons. im not gonna beat the dead horse and tell you about HPA and barrels again, but if you want to really get "sniper'd" out, buy a red dot sight and a 45* offset rail. I used that setup on my 98 for years and loved it.

Attached File  P1010618.JPG (415.85K)
Number of downloads: 4

AND REMEMBER, its not a sniper rifle unless you play the right way. If you sit in the back and longball all day, its a DMR (and almost completely useless to your team). If you want to be an effective "sniper," practice sneaking up the enemy's flanks to capture the flag or get eliminations. Just because you want to be a sniper doesn't mean you can't also shoot people from the minimum safe distance Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

View PostAABELAC, on 09 June 2011 - 04:18 PM, said:

You're the one who posted in the Lounge...
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#15 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

View PostPirate, on 12 June 2011 - 11:01 PM, said:

View PostAABELAC, on 09 June 2011 - 04:18 PM, said:

You're the one who posted in the Lounge...

I would just like to say I found the drink information to be the most helpful comment in this entire thread.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users