Special Ops Paintball: Thermal Goggles! (what to buy and how to sell my old ones) - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thermal Goggles! (what to buy and how to sell my old ones) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   IRA_Marksman14 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:FOOL_1

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

Now, I need some thermal goggles. I have JT Raptors and they're garbage. They fog and fog and fog, to the point where I can't play safely.

I need some thermal goggles. Where should I but them? What should I get? and finally, how do I get rid of my old ones?
"We ain't making no [god dang] cornflakes here."

Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer."

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening!" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#2 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

Anything with a dual pane lense.

I love i4s, but lots of people find them small. As for how to get rid of them? Try and sell them here, or on craigslist or a similar site.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#3 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:37 PM

i was thinking about starting a thread like this... but to talk about the Differences in Regular anti fog goggles and Thermal lense goggles..

I would hold on to it... (if you got other gear you can keep it as a loaner) or to mess with people on the field by setting it in a bush or on a bunker wall.. im gonna take an old mask with on sunday and put a hat on it.. and take a gravity hopper and set it next to it..

see if anyone falls for it.....
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#4 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

look at the jt spectra series. they have great dual pane lenses that NEVER fog.

^^^and thats what i do with my headshield elite mask.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#5 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:12 PM

i use to donate my old masks to the police department..

they use 9mm paint rounds for training called SIMS

and they use crappy masks that fog up way to easy..

i was wearing my proto mask one day at swat training (i was roll playing as a hostage) and one of the guys on the team comes up to me and asked me where i got my mask, and asked if it fogs..

i said it dont fog at all and i got it at Action Village in Woodale.. he asked for directions...

now most the guys on SWAT have their own mask.
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#6 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

I recommend looking at either the JT Spectra series of masks (Spectra/Flex7/Proflex) or the Vents lineup of masks.

JT Spectras have a long standing reputation for their thermal lenses and good ventilation. Just make sure you wash them properly and do not get water between the two panes and they will stay fog free for a long time.

Vents also make a pretty nice lineup of goggles, all will take the same thermal or single pane lens. Their designs are a little more close-fitting and form the face a bit more. They sacrifice a bit of ventilation and protection for that in my opinion. I prefer JTs, but it's another option. The advantage they definitely have over JTs is that the lenses are much easier to take in and out.

V-Force's Morph and Shield have been my favorite lately. They're an older design, but offer excellent ventilation. All V-Forces use a single pane lens, but the anti-fog coating works extreme well. I replace my lenses about once a year, and with mild California weather they've never had a problem.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

JT Flex's are the shiz. A year ago, I would have recommended the VForce Grill, but their lenses are pretty fragile (scratch easily).
I've had a pair of Flex 7's for a while now. They take abuse and keep coming back for more.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 User is offline   IRA_Marksman14 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:49 PM

What about this?

http://www.amazon.com/K2-JT-Spectra-ProShi...4485&sr=1-4

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening!" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#9 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Those don't look too bad. They're in the Spectra line, so the lenses are good. Not totally sure about the mask itself, but they should be good for a while.
Not top of the line, but definitely a solid middle of the line mask.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#10 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

Proshields are great, they're identical to Flex 7s and Proflexes but use hard plastic parts. They don't have the rubberized plastic bottom part of a Flex7 and don't have the soft ear pieces of the Proflex. Outside of that, the goggle portion is identical. It's a solid lens, and offers full peripheral vision. They use a slightly dated "mushroom cap" system to take the lenses in and out which can be a bit difficult at first, but with a few tried you get used to it.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#11 User is offline   IRA_Marksman14 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

It was the only one I could find in solid black, or is it possible for me to get thermal goggles and put those on my mask?

#12 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

View PostIRA_Marksman14, on Oct 26 2009, 08:46 PM, said:

It was the only one I could find in solid black, or is it possible for me to get thermal goggles and put those on my mask?

Possibly, what kind of mask do you have?
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#13 User is offline   IRA_Marksman14 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

Some piece of garbage, JT Raptor I believe

#14 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

http://www.ansgear.com/JT_Elite_Mask_Repla...teliteclear.htm

Those are thermal, and should fit your mask.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#15 User is offline   IRA_Marksman14 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

cool, thanks

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users