Special Ops Paintball: Paintball question - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paintball question please help Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:58 AM

PCS is lower end than Tippmann. Anything PCS or PMI is garbage IMO except the Minion but that's Dye. BT-4 is a good alternative.

#17 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:13 AM

May I ask why you think that?

#18 User is offline   CDNBACON 

• Christian Woodsballer
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CDNBACON

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

Hey JamesX3000, welcome to the forums! :panzer:
I'm quite familiar with both the A-5 and the US-5, and I can see a huge performance difference between the two. The US-5 is alright, but from my experience, it's much lower end than the A-5. The quality of the US-5 is acceptable, but for the price, there are better alternatives. For about $150, you can get a Smart Parts SP-1, which is impressive in both quality and appearance, while being considerably cheaper. I find that it's a fantastic marker to start off with.
Also, keep in mind that while the marker is very important to the game, the mask is equally - if not more - important. It's a great idea to invest in a good mask; I would check out the Mask board, there is some great information about masks there.
On the topic of red dot sights, I find that red dot's can be an excellent upgrade, as long as you don't spend too much money on one.

Hope this helps;
Matt

#19 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

View PostWoodsball Freak, on Jul 13 2008, 01:13 PM, said:

US-5 and A5 is the same comparison as a Pirahna and a Spyder. The Spyder uses common O-rings and more reliable.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 13 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

#20 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Jul 13 2008, 12:59 PM, said:

View PostWoodsball Freak, on Jul 13 2008, 01:13 PM, said:

US-5 and A5 is the same comparison as a Pirahna and a Spyder. The Spyder uses common O-rings and more reliable.

The US-5 has the same build as the A-5 though...

#21 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

I actually prefer Piranha over Spyder. They actually give you a working clamping feed neck rather than one that needs an elbow. Piranhas also aren't captive to buying Spyder only accessories. They don't use metric tools, take standard bottomline holes rather than the awkward offset Kingmann ones, and use standard .45 grips. I don't know if they're o-rings are harder to find, but an entire rebuild kit including more o-rings than you need, springs, ball detents, and a cup seal is only $10.

As for the US-5, it is pretty much a knock off. It's a little bit easier to clean the top tube on it, but overall it unfortunately doesn't quite have the same capabilities of the A-5. I can't really compare the quality of its internals - if you ask me both the A-5 and US-5 are rather poor. The US-5 is cheaper and what you loose is its rate of fire where it caps out around 10bps. It does have interchangeable barrel threading though. It's a nice marker if you like the A-5 but don't like the cyclone. If you ask me both feel pretty cheap.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#22 User is offline   Rev.Travis 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

View PostjamesX3000, on Jul 13 2008, 11:43 AM, said:

Well I've only been paint balling once and i loved it so much. It may sound like I'm springing to get a paint ball gun too fast but I don't feel like throwing away 25-35 dollars for a rental that sucks every single time I want to go paint balling. Please don't tell me why don't you go paint balling more first, unless your telling me to go more to see how I play. I was just wondering what type of gun is a good gun to buy, I was looking at either
the X-7 or the A-5 or any other gun you recommend

I was looking at the X-7 mainly because how much stuff you can put on it, plus I'm pretty sure I saw it with all the stuff I wanted on it for 420 which isn't bad I guess.

I was looking at the A-5 because its only like $190 plus accessories which would make it more, but i heard thats also a good gun but I don't think it has the cyclone feed system

one more question I know a scope isn't accurate considering a paint ball gun isn't accurate but I was thinking of buying a red dot
but if i do am I just wasting my money they can go anywhere from 10 - 200 depending on how "high tech" it is

Your looking at two very good woodsball markers, I have a red dot sight it looks cool but I never use it. You will be happy with either marker and you can always by upgrades after. If your going HPA make sure you can fill it when you want to play but it is better then CO2. I ran CO2 for 10 years never had a problem but HPA is the way to go IMO.

The A-5 has a cyclone feed and you can buy upgrades for the cyclone as well.
Let us know what you decide on!

Oh and Canadian online sites
Paintballgear.ca
Tacticalpaintball.ca
Onlinebaintabll.ca
Badlandspaintball.com

#23 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

View PostPiller, on Jul 13 2008, 02:01 PM, said:

As for the US-5, it is pretty much a knock off. It's a little bit easier to clean the top tube on it, but overall it unfortunately doesn't quite have the same capabilities of the A-5. I can't really compare the quality of its internals - if you ask me both the A-5 and US-5 are rather poor. The US-5 is cheaper and what you loose is its rate of fire where it caps out around 10bps. It does have interchangeable barrel threading though. It's a nice marker if you like the A-5 but don't like the cyclone. If you ask me both feel pretty cheap.

That's why I said IF he was set on going the A-5 route. I don't recommend either. Get a 'Mag.

#24 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

I say skip X7, PCS, A-5, and get one of two markers.

SP1- If you like milsim and electric

Automag- If you prefer mech.

Only two markers I would use that are less than 150 (and cockers maybe).

#25 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:125blackfire

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

the paint ball dealer by me is OA. (outdoor adventures) at there shop they sell ions A5 X7 and BT's they have stopped buying 98C parts which relay stinks because i own a 7 year old 98C and i still have some more parts too buy too complete it...but when i buy the invert mini iv been saving for ill have too buy it on line and all of the upgrades and parts on line which will be around an extra $50 and if i want too get help with it or emergency parts ill probably get help there but not parts. and same thing with my new VL's ill have too buy parts on line which relay stinks.

I suggest buy a marker that your local paint ball dealer specializes in, like my local paintball dealer specializes in is ions, A5 X7 and BT's.

(EDIT) i love invert mini's they are pro!

This post has been edited by 125blackfire: 14 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!
http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homev3

#26 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:40 PM

View PostMatch99, on Jul 14 2008, 04:24 PM, said:

Automag- If you prefer mech.

x2

<Insert Sig Here>

#27 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:14 PM

everyone i know hes just gettin started but dude if u have the money get an agd tac one or something its durable and u can still get sick upgrades for it like the t2w stock
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#28 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:15 AM

View Postmtaylor, on Jul 14 2008, 04:40 PM, said:

View PostMatch99, on Jul 14 2008, 04:24 PM, said:

SP1- If your a lawyer and you know giving SP money will lead to you getting better pay.
Automag- If you want the greatest marker on earth.

x2

Fixed. :D

#29 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lethalpanther1

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

dude...A5 FTW! I personally have one and here are my opinions:

-Great performance; i have missed a couple of games fixing it but it was because i accidently put one of the cyclone paddles backwards and it got a paintball jammed in my gun(fortunately it was lunch break so i had loads of time to fix)
- The stock barrel is great if you tape up the porting.
-A5s are VERY, VERY LOUD. This gives a huge intimidation to the nubs at my field(i kinda am....but i see plenty of others wince when i fire)
-You can upgrade it to look very mil-sim
-You can drop it on a rock( i still wouldnt ) but itll still shoot better than, say, an ion(not from like 2 feet, but at like 10 tippmann can still work i doubt ion can)
-If your starting, this is definetely a great starter gun to get. For a bit higher price, you can go pump with a phantom

Hope this helps!
It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

#30 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

heya James, welcome to the forums, you can call meh Dizzy

I started off with an A-5, and even though it's gone now, I never regretted buying it in the first place, a wonderful marker to start out with, truly dependable, and reliable. I never had problems with her whatsoever, She just got too heavy for my needs, and was nolonger practical in paintball with all those modifications made.

I still remember my A-5, and even though you wish to go along with the looks of the marker, it can be a pretty kewl thing to admire amongst players.

Posted Image
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users