• You cannot reply to this topic

Trinity AK-47 Expansion Chamber A good product and good look

#1 User is offline   ShadowMech 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ShadowMech

Post icon  Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:22 AM

I have an A-5 with E grip and I planned on running CO2 so I knew I needed an expansion chamber. I decided to spend a little more and get oen that added some styling to my gun. This is my review.

Out of the package the expansion chamber came with a 45 degree elbow and very generic instructions. An aditional hose was needed. I got an 8 inch hose and it really needs a 6 inch hose for the a-5. It works, except instead of a straight run, it bows downward.

Installing was fairly straight forward even with the very vauge directions. This expansion chamber will work with having a dual trigger installed, as there is a notch in the back of it to allow for the proper clearance. This was a very thoughtful and needed feature. Remove the stock hose from the tombstone and the bottomline. Removed the 90 degree elbow from the bottom line adapter. Install the included 45 degree elbow (unless the hose you buy has a flared end in that case the existing elbow will work.) Install the hose and fully tighten it. Attach the expansion chamber to the tombstone and then install the tombstone and chamber into the gun. Adjust the alignment of the chamber and tighten the set screw.

I used the expansion chamber today in about 70 degree temperatures. I would crono with a freshly filled bottle and my shots were very consistant 273, 276, 275. After playing one game and the bottle stabilized, I was still shooting nearly the same speeds with exceptional consistancy. I used the auto responce mode and got into some very long drawn out firefights throwing alot of paint. The tank chilled, but the expansion chamber never did. The gun shot very consistantly and with no problems.

Overall impression was very wonderul for this product. It helped maintaan good consistancy even under adverse conditions. The cost was only $20 more than other standard style expansion chambers. It adds alot of style to the gun, and the front grip can still be used when slid all the way forward.

Posted Image

Posted Image
user posted image

#2 User is offline   GUMP690 

• KEY13
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:KEY13

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:55 AM

I went and bought one too and I love it! I play year-round and this is the first winter I've used it. there isn't a place to get HPA anywhere near where I live so we all use co2. A couple weeks ago it was 40 degrees outside and my buddies were having minor problems (we all use tippmanns) Mine was rockin' full auto all day long with no fuss! As far as the steel-braided hose, it did seem to put alot of pressure on the X-chamber and grip so I had to get one custom made. I had to look pretty hard to find a place in town that did that kind of work but it only ran me $13.

#3 User is offline   russianfrontphotos 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:russianfrontphotos

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:12 PM

I also have the same TRINITY Ak expansion chamber
Here is a pic. Its on my BT-16 TACTICAL. It looks cool if nothing else. Since I now use air its useless but I get a lot of "wows" about it.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  54.jpg (1.03MB)
    Number of downloads: 17

#4 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:55 PM

Question (a little off topic): How do you think it'll look with a m16 barrel?
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#5 User is offline   pirate1 

• Founder of Murderous Pirate League
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:pirate1

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:34 AM

^^^^^
Absolutely beautiful, a friend of mine does that.

I have one of these, replaced it with a male palmer reg, my A-5 doesn't look right now.... :-(

if you used a fem palmer reg, you could also use this, which would make the setup look alright....which is what i'm gonna do!

This post has been edited by pirate1: 21 February 2007 - 07:36 AM

Part of the SIGless union, # 4. THE MAN TOOK AWAY MY SIG.......UH.......MAN!!!!!!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users