• You cannot reply to this topic

jcs wire stock with rva

#1 User is offline   leemxx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:spec. ops

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:58 PM

hey i was wondering if anyone had the jcs wire stock with the rva and how good it was. i want to get that or either the jcs combat stock. i want to wire stock because it seems lighter than the combat stock, but is it still sturdy?
so any input on this would be awesome.

#2 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:06 PM

I had one. I love the RVA!!!

It was not sturdy at all when I bought it (used) But after I tightened a few screws, it was great! I wish I wouldn't have sold it though :/ Only thing is, it's kinda ugly IMO
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Kemp 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:23 AM

I've got the combat model with rva and I love it. I get a lot of people asking me where I got it and how much was it so it must look cool too. One of the main things I like about it is that it is a folding stock. The rva works great too. Knock on wood, I haven't had any problems with it getting loose or anything. Another great product by blackpoint IMO.

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Vanguard 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:04 PM

View Postleemxx, on Nov 26 2007, 05:58 PM, said:

hey i was wondering if anyone had the jcs wire stock with the rva and how good it was. i want to get that or either the jcs combat stock. i want to wire stock because it seems lighter than the combat stock, but is it still sturdy?
so any input on this would be awesome.

I own the JCS stock with a stainless steel "wire" and a shoulder plate like this (not my picture):

Posted Image

I've found it to be sturdy enough to shoot from, but I can bend it some if I try really hard. I expect it would only be a problem if I fell on it or something. Mine has a slight wobble where the RVA inserts into the rear of the A5 (a common problem with JCS RVA-based stocks), but there are some easy mods you can do to remove that.

The shoulder plate is a piece of Aluminum. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but serviceable. Some padding would be nice.

The biggest disappointment I have with it is that it doesn't look real great when folded. This is because it doesn't do a full 180, but rather something more like 165. The shoulder plate ends up mostly behind the cyclone, but it would look nicer if it was flush with the side of the body. Judging by the construction of the hinge, I'd guess that all JCS stocks do this, though I can't confirm that.

I'm currently not using mine as I've found it a bit too long to use comfortably (I'm 5'6"). The construction is such that you can make the stock shorter by unscrewing the "wire" from its mounting point, cutting it down to shorten it, and reattaching it. I can say that the "body" of the stock is extremely tough, as I'm having a very hard time cutting it down a few inches. However, if you got the JCS combat stock, it's not really length-adjustable at all, mods or otherwise.

Overall, I'm not exactly disappointed with my purchase, but if I had it to do over again I would probably end up buying a different stock. This may be influenced by the fact that I have more money available now than I did at the time of purchase, and the stock was pretty reasonably priced compared to others out at the time.

I hope that helps!

This post has been edited by Vanguard: 22 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users