Special Ops Paintball: Battle of The Bulge - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battle of The Bulge Bill Bailey's Tour of Duty series Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

October 4th and 5th at DropZone Paintball outside of Lawrence, Kansas. Preregister by September 26th for $40. $55 after the 26th. Event paint only for $55/case. This is supposed to be the last year for the Tour of Duty events. Come out and show your appreciation for all Bill Bailey has done for paintball in the midwest.
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#2 User is offline   Super_Q 

• Quintin
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Supa Q

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:26 PM

Punisher said that bulge was going to be cancelled...?
But idk...so is it going to happen?

:ghillie: Super Q :ghillie:
"Give me a minute and i'll change your mind, give me a bullet and i'll change your life!"

#3 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

If only I could drive. :P If the game is any good I'll probably make the trip next year though.

#4 User is offline   DEVILS REJECT 

• Devils Reject
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DEVILS REJECT

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:49 PM

I looked forward to this game every year when it was held at the field past Lees Summit. Too bad.
Is the Tour of Duty series "copyrighted, as such that this game cannot be recreated anymore? Anyone know?

Im getting the understanding that it can be played again, maybe adjusting the wordage so as not to infringe. Just because the Tour is no longer financed or "ran" by someone, doesnt mean that scenario ballers like myself and many others must sit at home and mope. I am interested in keeping this tradition going. What would it take to bring this reveered tour back? Any advice fellow ballers? Sound off, would yall be interested?

This post has been edited by DEVILS REJECT: 27 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

Devils Reject aka Original Ghost Sniper aka Hologram Man aka Where the HECK Did That Come From? aka Two Ball Ghost Killer aka The Legend aka Dr. Satan aka Eoghan the Great aka Mr. Nine Faces. CRAZY GOOD TACTICAL PAINTBALL TEAM

#5 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

There's a lot of people, teams, and even a couple fields that are talking about trying to resurrect the T.O.D. series. The problem is that just about anyone that has the time and can afford to bring it back is going to want to pad their pockets. Which by all means is completely understandable, but the question is: How much padding do they want to put in their pockets and is it going to hurt the players' ability to play the series?
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#6 User is offline   DEVILS REJECT 

• Devils Reject
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

View Postbillybob, on Oct 27 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

There's a lot of people, teams, and even a couple fields that are talking about trying to resurrect the T.O.D. series. The problem is that just about anyone that has the time and can afford to bring it back is going to want to pad their pockets. Which by all means is completely understandable, but the question is: How much padding do they want to put in their pockets and is it going to hurt the players' ability to play the series?

hmmmmm, nicely put. So i understand there is an ample amount of time spent on web based activities such as promotions, information, etc. not to mention a financial commitment. Greed is an aspect of all business, its whether it can be controlled. I hear ya, many ballers exhibit greatness for opportunities like this, its just whether someone great will undertake the tours responsibilities.
I sure hope this isnt the end.
From what you say I understand that its still up for grabs. What about factioning, a sort of "Tour of Duty, Kansas City" or "Tour of Duty, Homeland"? Examples, merely thinking out loud...since many others have discussed doing their own thing too, maybe we can all enjoy this no matter where we live.
Devils Reject aka Original Ghost Sniper aka Hologram Man aka Where the HECK Did That Come From? aka Two Ball Ghost Killer aka The Legend aka Dr. Satan aka Eoghan the Great aka Mr. Nine Faces. CRAZY GOOD TACTICAL PAINTBALL TEAM

#7 User is offline   SupermanAR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SupermanAR

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:39 AM

The field all of us in the TOD have grown to love in Holden Mo is no longer open as I checked on this for the Bulge. As for a new series there are a couple of things in the area in the works as soon as all the kinks are worked out Im positive whatever is up the sleeves of the powers that be will be announced..........Stayed tuned to your local channel for further announcements.

This post has been edited by SupermanAR: 28 October 2008 - 09:17 AM

Superman
CO CrazyGood Tactical Team
God may have mercy on your soul, We will NOT

#8 User is offline   Ghost Recons Punisher 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:43 AM

A midwest series with already established games will be announced in the coming months. With all the fields closing youll see the existing fields banding together to bring players back and increase their ability to stay open. We as teams and individuals will have many options next season to play large scenarios in our own backyard (KS,MO,OK)
Punisher
Proud CO Ghost Recon
www.ghostrecon.myfastforum.org
GR Productions
Drop Zone Paintball www.dzes.org

#9 User is offline   Gaff 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Gaff

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

Is there any chance that Holden (PGP) may open just for scenario games? I am in a group of 20 hear in Sedalia MO who play on privet land every other week end, Battle of The Bulge in Holden was the only scenario we were able to make. It seems like paintball in Missouri is dieing right now.

#10 User is offline   Ghost Recons Punisher 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:01 AM

That field is for sale and at the current price it will remain closed. Had an investor look into it so things may change in the future but as of now our fields are from Cameron MO to Lawrence to OK all near the I35/69 Highways. Growth east and west is the next goal
Punisher
Proud CO Ghost Recon
www.ghostrecon.myfastforum.org
GR Productions
Drop Zone Paintball www.dzes.org

#11 User is offline   DEVILS REJECT 

• Devils Reject
  • PipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:32 AM

View PostGaff, on Oct 28 2008, 09:43 PM, said:

Is there any chance that Holden (PGP) may open just for scenario games? I am in a group of 20 hear in Sedalia MO who play on privet land every other week end, Battle of The Bulge in Holden was the only scenario we were able to make. It seems like paintball in Missouri is dieing right now.

Dont give up hope, Homeland Paintball in Quenemo, KS is open and geared towards scenario games.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users